WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Bloodhound.EXE!!!!!

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Ok the story goes like this. A coworker of mine wanted to buy a used hard drive from another coworker. Now I suggest that he format the thing before he does anything with it. Of corse he never formated anything before, and doesn't want to lose any data off the drive. I said that, for a fee, I will manually remove items off the hard drive for him. He aggrees.

Well I get home, and lock my hard drive, set the POS hard drive to run as a slave, and then hook it up to my computer. What do I find? A small program called ic.exe !!! Now the first thing I did when I booted my computer was run my virus programs, and they missed this. I select the program, and run the virus scan on that program. It reads "bloodhound.WINDOWS32.exe" I look in the properties and it say's that this thing has been on the hard drive since 02/18/05.

I removed the virus, finished cleaning the drive, and removed it from my computer. I am going to inform the buyer, and the seller about this thing. The question I have is, I remember reading about the bloodhound virus, and I read that it makes a folder where it will place its files for storge. Where are they? The only thing I found on google is 5000 antivirus programs.

leehype

No, I didn't buy the HD, I was trying to salvage most of the programs off of it. The buyer still want's it, but I don't want to leave any shit on the drive. :(

leehype

It's sold, I was gust a middle man making some side money. I also told the seller to change her account passwords, and bank cards. I really hope she does what I say.:rolleyes:

Bloodhound.Windows32.exe is a program with virus like attributes. Its not the viruses name, its something thats not in your AV's virus database.

leehype

Kinda, the programs name was called "ic.exe" and it looked like a normal program, but it is a worm. I records passwords, account info, and other sensitive stuff, saves it into files on your hard drive, then emails these files to some email account. At least thats what I read about it. The only reason I found it was because I noticed it running in my task maniger. My virus program passed it up. Well at least I killed it.:thumbsup: