WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Bloody Volvo Drivers

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
yes, i was a bloody volvo driver for many months.

my dad bought be a manual 1980 244 DL for $850, but it kept breaking down.

1. first i left the headlights on for a while, so the battery got drained, needed replacing along with the alternator, cost me $198
  2. i was relying on the solenoid/starter motor too much, and as a result, it wore out. cost me $200 for a new one.
  3. this one is really scary: both of the tyres on the right side blew pretty much at the same time. it was a bargain replacing them at only $50 per wheel.
  4. finally, the steering column snapped. and so did i. now i've got no volvo.

now, my experiences will probably go against all your conceptions of the "sturdy construction of the volvo"
perhaps i'm just a bad driver? should i have my licence banned for life?
i often fantasize about my next volvo, possibly 700 or 800 series, but i also like the idea of a volvo 240 stationwagon.

on the topic, here's a picture gallery of a volvo vs a palm tree:

volvo vs palm tree

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
yeah that's what i realize now in hindsight

did you ever notice the volvo 244's were only available in really weird colours?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
dookie said:
first i left the headlights on for a while, so the battery got drained, needed replacing along with the alternator, cost me $198
for future reference, when you drain the life out of a battery, that does not mean that you need to replace it. Depending on the age of the battery, you can jump start the car and leave it running for about 30 minutes, and the batteries power will gradually fill back up.