Offbeat Blow torch+WWII bomb=nothing good

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Seven Thai workers were killed and 19 injured when they tried to dismantle a Second World War bomb with a blowtorch.
The device was discovered by builders on a construction site in northern Bangkok’s Lad Plakao neighbourhood, Thailand.
Believing that it had lost its charge, they sold it to men working in a scrap metal warehouse.
The metal workers then began to take the 500lb bomb apart to sell the metal on. The blowtorch caused the bomb to go off, destroying the shop and creating a large crater. It also damaged dozens of adjacent houses and started a large fire.
Police said that five people died at the scene.
‘The warehouse workers thought the bomb was no longer active so they used a metal cutter to cut into it, causing the explosion,’ local police chief Virasak Foythong told AFP news agency.
Police bomb squad chief Kamthorn Auicharoen said that it was ‘likely this is a bomb dropped from a plane during World War II’. The Allies bombed Thailand’s capital in retaliation for the country joining the Axis Powers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2595244/Seven-killed-Bangkok-workers-tried-dismantle-Second-World-War-bomb-blowtorch.html
-

Oh yeah, evolution is on a killing spree. MO-MO-MO-MO-MONSTER KILL

Dark Fader

[]D [] []V[] []D
Seven Thai workers were killed and 19 injured when they tried to dismantle a Second World War bomb with a blowtorch.
It doesn't get any better than that.

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggus, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."

Last edited:

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Today's top story is brought to you by the makers of Kaboom Energy Drinks. Can't seem to get your day going? Crack open a Blazin' Cherry Kaboom Energy Drink and experience it's X-Plosion of flavor.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
It doesn't get any better than that.

"What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggus, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."

You get points for quoting Marcellus Wallace.

And I vote these seven Thai as candidates for this year's Darwin Award.

• 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: skroo'd and Dark Fader

steelasp

poontangwrecker
Believe it or not, this is not the first time I've heard a story like this. A part of the island on which I dwell was used by the navy as a practice bombing range for about 50 years. I heard a story about a local fellow who found an old unexploded rocket or something, and tried to cut it up in his garage for scrap metal, with disastrous results. Don't know if the guy was killed, or what. Just goes to show ya, even something as stupid as this is not an isolated incident. Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
These third world scrap metal shops are basically slave labor camps. The ship breakers in India are a perfect example. People (mostly kids) with zero education living in squalor. Most don't know a bomb from a shopping cart.

• 1Agree
Reactions: MaxPower