WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music Bob Marley Fest

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I went to the 24th annual Bob Marley fest today at the San Diego Sports Arena. It was just beautiful, seeing lighters going on in random places. Like a symphony of hippies. Like synchronised swimming, only it's better because you're getting high. The show, for all you ingnorants, is a tribute to some day involvin the said musician. I'd have to say the highlight was Don Carlos, who seemed to really, really love San Diego.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
They're having a Bob Fest in Miami this saturday....its about 250 miles away but i'm seriously considering going. The last one I remember hearing about was in San Diego when i was 14 years old.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
screw_ball said:
I went to the 24th annual Bob Marley fest today at the San Diego Sports Arena. It was just beautiful, seeing lighters going on in random places. Like a symphony of hippies. Like synchronised swimming, only it's better because you're getting high. The show, for all you ingnorants, is a tribute to some day involvin the said musician. I'd have to say the highlight was Don Carlos, who seemed to really, really love San Diego.
I went to the one in L.A. last year with my friend who's a raggae addict. Great fun :thumbsup:

Bob Marley is easily one of the most overrated musicians in all of history.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Its not a question of rating his "musical ability" the man was easily the most influential musician and entertainer of our time. He was incredibly generous and was a great person. Go listen to some Depeche Mode.....fucking fag.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Hippie's Paradise....

I went once in 10th grade; it's just an excuse to get high. Marley fest is retarded, although I do support alot of his 'philosophical' ideas on peace and one global nation. I guess that's probably as close to a hippie as I'll ever be considered.

bigck3000 said:
Its not a question of rating his "musical ability" the man was easily the most influential musician and entertainer of our time. He was incredibly generous and was a great person. Go listen to some Depeche Mode.....fucking fag.
no namecalling...

i agree he was huge in certain circles, but i wouldn't go so far as to say he was the MOST influential artist of our time. elvis or the beatles or both could be credited with revolutionizing almost all popular music and popular attitudes towards it, whereas marley would be more seen as revolutionizing and revitalizing, even creating, certain genres

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Exactly. And as Liberation said, he was an excuse to get high. So he was very important.