WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bogged Down

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Anyone else feel overwhelmed with the amount of negative shit on Bush? I still despise the fucker, but it just feels like this whole "resistance" is nothing, its not going anywhere, all anyone does is bitch. Its like Tom and Jerry, when Jerry drops the tea set off the top of something and Tom has to catch all the plates and cups so he doesnt wake up Aunt Jemima. And in the end he drops them all anyway. Basically I'm saying why do we even bother to continue to accuse and dredge up all of this information if no one is going to know and 52% of the people out there dont give a shit.

(I know the 52% percent reference was cliche....blow me)

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
In my opinion, bitching about bitching is in its own class....super bitching, if you will.

nice input by the way :rolleyes:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
So what options do you propose?

1- Do something: a) Educate the people? b) Civil war?

2- Do nothing and/or just bitch

Democracy never changed anything in the US. The system is corrupted. You can't just organize an election to change the whole system, it's not like the government would agree on that. The only way to do that is to win a civil war. Wich can't happen since most people are lazy fucks. We're all doomed.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Maybe we should get all the "greater minds" of WTF (since we all seem to have quite a lot to say on the subject) together and start a newspaper or something. That would neatly fall under you "educate the people" option....the only problem with this would be motivation...maybe I should just do it myself.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
bigck3000 said:
Anyone else feel overwhelmed with the amount of negative shit on Bush? I still despise the fucker, but it just feels like this whole "resistance" is nothing, its not going anywhere, all anyone does is bitch. Its like Tom and Jerry, when Jerry drops the tea set off the top of something and Tom has to catch all the plates and cups so he doesnt wake up Aunt Jemima. And in the end he drops them all anyway. Basically I'm saying why do we even bother to continue to accuse and dredge up all of this information if no one is going to know and 52% of the people out there dont give a shit.

(I know the 52% percent reference was cliche....blow me)
what bothers me is...

yes, we know that Bush isn't the brightest color in the crayon box, and its one thing to speak up against his actions and policies...

But to verbally degrade the president of your country, I think is just absurd. Hey, I hate him as much as the next guy, but I wont lower myself to attack him. Whether I like it or not, hes my president, he represents us to the rest of the world. I'll tell the rest of the world I think what he's doing is wrong, blah blah blah my own opinions, but i wont verbally attack him the way i see other liberals like al franken do. I just dont think thats right.

By the way, i think al franken is hilarious. Back in the day when he was writing for SNL and SNL was actually funny. Unlike today, when the show just sucks dick.