WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Movies bourne supremacy -contains spoilers-

what did you think of 'the bourne supremacy'

• it was BETTER THAN OK

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • it was OK OR LESS

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morelos

lexicon incognito
good or no good?

WARNING: SPOILERS FOLLOW. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM, I'D ADVISE YOU NOT TO READ ON.

in the beginning, when bourne was in italy and the guys went to arrest him, the fight scene happened and ended so quickly i wanted to rewind. it's exactly the same kind of schizophrenic direction that made me enjoy the first one; remember the scene with the german cops how he starts with nothing and ends with a gun and two unconscious german cops? and he's like 'wtf?' this time he's not like wtf. it was fucking fantastic. it also reminded me of the misplaced scene in 'the last samurai' where tom cruise suddenly has two kitanas and four bodies around him. exact same speed and precision. man..

and i want one of those SIM chip rippers. BADLY.

my girlfriend made a very good point: when bourne gives the old man the .32 instead of killing him (yes, it was a very small handgun), it would have been better if the gun were empty. imagine the irony of pam coming in and seeing him there drunk and saying "blah blah i'm a patriot" and putting the gun to his chin and *click*. asshole deserved not to get off so easy.

loved the car chase scene. i'm glad to see how the guy got FUCKED UP when bourne turned his $90k mercedes sideways and shoved it into that partition. asshole deserved that, too.

"you look tired, pam; get some rest."

what a way to end... A fucking plus.

two complaints:

1) in the beginning, though, and this is the big inconsistency, bourne told marie she was gonna be driving. when they lost track of the guy they switched. bourne knew full well the dude would snipe him. by putting his 'loved one' in the driver's seat he got her killed. purposely. the character is supposed to be a thirty million dollar autonomous killing machine, right? he knew. how can he reasonably take out that anger on anyone but himself?

2) when he spoke to the daughter, near the end of the film, he should have poured out some of his own misery to psychologically bring her to his side. it wasn't 'apologetic' enough the way it came out. remember in the first film when he said he didn't want to do it anymore (and you get to see it's because he saw the african political leader's kids) you learn that he feels guilt, sorrow. that was not adequately expressed.

thoughts?

~ dan ~

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
the movie was pretty bad ass....'a fuckin plus' as you put it...the car chase kinda reminded me of RONIN...ever seen it..with robert deNiro and jean reno[the professional]....good film....as for the fight scense....i like the one when he's fighting the other agent....tied up with tie wrap...
at the end of the movie i couldnt help but feel the same as when i first saw the matrix[first one] at the end....the whole phone call deal goin on.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mariusthegreat

man..im watching RONIN..right now....it fuckin rocks...type of movie that makes your vagina wet....good stuff.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
I'm checking it out this week while my little bro is in town. I liked the first one somewhat, but was a bit disapointed in this super "spy's" deductive capabilities. The man couldn't figure out he was a spy till two thirds of the way through the movie after he basically read it out of a newspaper. I could have told him that the moment he pulled tons of foreign currency, six passports and a gun out of a safe deposit box in Switzerland. But I understand he's a little less clueless in this one, and that's fine by me.

morelos

lexicon incognito
skorch - i think we were supposed to assume he figured out he was some sort of secret agent by then, but couldn't figure out WHAT he was supposed to be doing.

~ dan ~

Caught it Saturday night. Good flick. Full theater so we were stuck up front. The shaky/schizophrenic cinematogrophy is kinda crazy when you're looking up at the screen. The movie rocks, and the GF even liked it (always a plus when she can watch a good action flick and walk away with a smile on her face).

mariusthegreat

i wish i had a gf to go with....then again we'd prolly be making out the entire time....hmm...:/

Yeah... I went to the midnight showing on Friday night (i know... i'm a loser, i should have gone to the thursday night showing... but whatever) I fell asleep like 4 times... i saw most of it though. and what i saw was awesome... maybe i should have seen identity first though...

morelos

lexicon incognito
oh man; you didn't see identity first? it makes a HUGE difference to the film.

I've seen most of it, but in bits and peices, never all the way through at one time.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Ahh i want to see it.. i was going to go on a double date and see it tonight but i cant get ahold of my g/f.... GRRRR PISSED!! :mad:

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Well, finally got to see it, and it was about as good as I expected. I didn't like the camera work though, way too shaky and epiliptic for my taste (I don't remember it being quite this bad in the first one). It just made it hard to see what was going on which I hate in American movies.
I say this coming from a fairly heavy Kung Fu movie appetite where they like to have wide panning views of the action so you can see the skill and choreography of the fight scenes. American action movies tend to be tight in and too bouncy to cover up the fact that these guys don't really know what they're doing.
But in spite of this, I still liked it well enough, and the action was pretty cool. Anyone know anything about the third one and when it'll be coming out?

i didnt really like the first one that much. this one was better. it was far too long though. the car chase was good but drawn out a whole lot. but ultimatly.. :thumbsup:

G.I. JET

Rebel of the Sacred Heart
I liked em both. I think I liked the first one better. Man, I gotta rent that movie now.

magnolia

Postaholic
It was okay. I didn't like how much the camera jumped around, but all-in-all it was a decent movie. I can't believe that he just let Marie drift away in the river though. I mean, wasn't he even going to try harder. And actually, she was shot in the head/neck, did he really think she'd still be alive? Let her have a decent burial. Ug, sorry, I was really peeved at that. Also, when he got shot and had that car chase scene, wtf?! How many times should he have had more serious injuries from banging into stuff? Anyway, the overall story line was good, and I think Matt Damon is just too hott, so it was okay.