WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Boy, 12, Steals Credit Card and Goes On Bali Holiday Alone

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
When a 12-year-old boy from Sydney, Australia, was told by this mother that the family would not be going to the Indonesian island of Bali on holiday, he took matters into his own hands.

The boy—who has only been identified by the pseudonym, Drew—stole his parents' credit card, retrieved his passport and booked a flight himself, Australian TV show A Current Affair revealed.

Discovering an airline that allowed children above the age of 12 to travel unaccompanied, he told his family he was off to school before riding his scooter to the train station. From there he travelled to Sydney airport and boarded his flight to Indonesia with a stopover in Perth.

When he reached the gate, Drew had to prove to airline staff that he was over the age of 12. “They just asked for my student ID and passport to prove that I’m over 12 and that I’m in secondary school,” he said. “It was great because I wanted to go on an adventure.”

When he arrived in Bali, Drew made his way to the All Seasons Hotel, where he had made an online booking for four nights. He told the concierge he was waiting for his sister who was arriving later.

Back home, his parents were shocked when Drew's school reported his absence. Discovering he was in Bali, his mother, identified as Emma, immediately boarded a plane to bring her son home.

“Shocked, disgusted, there’s no emotion to feel what we felt when we found he left overseas,” Emma said.

“He just didn’t like the word no. And that’s what I got… A kid in Indonesia.”

Source: Newsweek

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
And Drew was then shocked. No words can describe the ass whooping he got.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Bad fucking parenting should be expensive. What a fucked up family. I'm kinda hoping a loaded ore truck accidentally runs over their car while they are taking little Drew to get a ice cream and takes care of the whole lot of 'em.

lol pretty smart kid. He's definently gonna get an ass whooping for that though.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
His parents better get him put on a no-fly list.
Before this happened, the parents had the 12 year old kids passport flagged as no-fly. That obviously didn't work as no one bothered to do their damn job and never checked at the dozens of various checkpoints. He did have one hell of an amazing vacation. It's a failure of all sorts, but mostly on the system.

From: http://abcnews.go.com/International...ali-getaway-argument-mother/story?id=54662323

The Australian boy, whose identity was not revealed for privacy concerns, said he was upset over an argument he had with his mother. So, he said, he nabbed his family's credit cards and tried twice to book a flight from Sydney to Bali with two different airlines, but was told he needed a letter from a consenting parent in order to travel alone, according to 9News.

When his parents found out about the two attempts to fly alone overseas, they alerted the Australian Federal Police.

"We were told his passport would be flagged," the boy's mother, identified only as Emma, told 9News in the interview.

The boy tried to book a flight to the Indonesian island again, this time with Jetstar Airways. It worked.

He quickly packed his backpack and took a train to Sydney Airport, where he used a self-service check-in kiosk to collect his ticket and hopped on a connecting flight to Perth. From there, the boy used his passport and student ID to board a second plane to Bali, according to 9News.

When he touched down at the international airport in Bali's capital city, Denpasar, immigration and customs officials asked to see his passport and whether he was traveling with anyone.

"I said, 'No, my mum is waiting outside because she lives in Bali and I'm going to meet her outside,'" the boy told 9News.

They stamped his passport and let him through.

The boy checked in to the All Seasons hotel near Legian Beach, where he had booked a room with his parents' credit cards, and told the front desk staff that his older sister would be staying with him, but he was checking in early.

Then, he rented a motorbike and spent four days enjoying all that Bali has to offer -- white sand beaches, lively restaurants, souvenir shops and a backdrop of volcanic mountains. The boy told 9News he even bought a beer and drank it on the beach, though he's only 12.

Neither Jetstar Airways or the All Seasons hotel in Bali immediately responded to ABC News' requests for comment Monday.

The boy, who had been reported missing by his parents, was ignoring the barrage of frantic calls and messages to his cellphone. But the device apparently revealed his location when he posted a video on social media of him jumping into the hotel pool. That's when the Australian Federal Police contacted his family with the news.

“He just didn’t like the word no. And that’s what I got… A kid in Indonesia.” Yeah, I guess so. I also guess you got more work to do (with him). Wow! Too bad the airline staff didn't consider that he was 12. I would've checked into it. But that's just me.

Then, he rented a motorbike and spent four days enjoying all that Bali has to offer -- white sand beaches, lively restaurants, souvenir shops and a backdrop of volcanic mountains. The boy told 9News he even bought a beer and drank it on the beach, though he's only 12.

> rents a motorbike
> drinks a beer publically on the beach
> is 12 years old

lol this kid's a certified G!