WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat Boy Who Lost Foul Ball to Man Gets Gifts

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
ARLINGTON, Texas - A 4-year-old boy who lost a foul ball to a not-so-grown-up adult is getting a windfall worthy of a game-winning home run hitter.

A man sitting behind Nick O'Brien at a Texas Rangers (news) baseball game Sunday knocked the boy against the seats as he dived to get a foul ball. Fans started chanting "Give him the ball!" but the man wouldn't give it up.

"I couldn't believe someone would do something like that to a 4-year-old boy," said Nick's mother, Edie O'Brien.

O'Brien said she swatted the man with a cardboard fan and called him a jerk, among other names. "I said, 'You trampled a 4-year-old boy to get this ball,' and he said, 'Oh, well,'" she told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, adding that the man seemed proud he got the ball.

Someone should beat that guy with a baseball bat...

morelos

lexicon incognito
it reaks of the moral decay of american society.

again, not caused by most of what you might think. it's caused by capitalism: "ME ME ME and nobody will look out for me but me, so i'm gonna take care of me even at your expense."

~ dan ~

GoalTaylor22

In The Flesh?
This is why chemical castration needs to be more widely-used.

morelos

lexicon incognito
chemical? costs too much. two nails and a 20 gauge shotgun.

Reqium

Tenderony
voiceofreason said:
Someone should beat that guy with a baseball bat...
Me and Mickey Mantle are gonna pay him a visit.

morelos

lexicon incognito
drill 1/8" holes in the bat, through and in differing directions. make sure they're spaced about an inch apart and go all the way through. make enough holes to where you'll be able to mount lots of stuff, but not so many that you damage its structural integrity. then get some four inch countersunk wood screws that are good and thick, and screw them in all the way.

"spiked fuckin' bat *bwap*"

man that song had a great intro...

~ dan ~

DJ_Arashi

Flame Bait
XD I think I heard this story before... it sort of amuses me... Not so much that the kid got trampled for a baseball... it's more the "Give him the ball!" and hitting him with a cardboard fan thing. Seriously, that's weak. If they really wanted the kid to get the ball that badly, they should've all just mauled him.

Descent

Hella Constipated
DJ_Arashi said:
XD I think I heard this story before... it sort of amuses me... Not so much that the kid got trampled for a baseball... it's more the "Give him the ball!" and hitting him with a cardboard fan thing. Seriously, that's weak. If they really wanted the kid to get the ball that badly, they should've all just mauled him.
Jesus, thanks for reminding me Morelos is gone. Asshole.

DJ_Arashi

Flame Bait
Descent said:
Jesus, thanks for reminding me Morelos is gone. Asshole.
*cough* Sorry about that... I'm assuming Morelos was a person whose presence was unappreciated... I'm just a little malicious inside :sword:

In any case, Americans do suck >>;; So do people in general... etc. etc.