WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Boyfriend and Depression

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Last night we were together and I was just to tired from work and I just seemed to have some days where I feel so depressed where I don't want to do anything. He wanted to have sex and I really didn't feel like at all. (don't get me wrong sex is really good) All I wanted to do was just ball my eyes out but I couldn't. I don't know why get this way some times but I do. He didn't help me none at all by asking me why I didn't want to have sex and telling me it was because he was gaining wait and I thought he was fat and it was disgusting or something. I told him that was not true at all and now he is all depressed. What should I do? :( :(

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
how long have you been dating?

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
you guys should know each other better then that

sucks to be you!

Jung

???
Premium
If you're really depressed, then you should see a doctor. Depression is usually caused by some underlying problem, and isn't something that you just get over.

Just a suggestion. Don't take your health for granted.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
junglizm said:
If you're really depressed, then you should see a doctor. Depression is usually caused by some underlying problem, and isn't something that you just get over.

Just a suggestion. Don't take your health for granted.
I know, I have a depression problem due to my mom and from years of dealing with her in the past from to now. The reason I am so depressed now is because of my mom's problems and then the past she was a drunk and would not stop, but that is another issue I don't want to get into.

icka said:
you guys should know each other better then that

sucks to be you!
I know, but I just don't know what to do with him. He has a depression problem too although he takes medication for it, I don't. He also take Aderal(spelling wrong I know), and I heard that can make you worse.

I wrote him a nice big email telling him That I was sorry for last night and that whatever he was saying about himself is not true and not to think like that.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Why dont you just tell him, Hes suffering from depression then he knows all about it, And tell him, Dont hide it, Tell him that you felt last night you just wanted to bawl your eyes out.
If you keep it inside it gets worst.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Be honest with him, tell him what you just told us. And go see your doctor.

xXmisledyouthXx

Circa Approximate
NaughtyGirl21 said:
He wanted to have sex and I really didn't feel like at all. (don't get me wrong sex is really good) All I wanted to do was just ball my eyes out but I couldn't. I don't know why get this way some times but I do. He didn't help me none at all by asking me why I didn't want to have sex and telling me it was because he was gaining wait and I thought he was fat and it was disgusting or something.

He didn't ask what was wrong or tried to help you. Is he usually like that or is your relationship just based on sex then?

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
xXmisledyouthXx said:
He didn't ask what was wrong or tried to help you. Is he usually like that or is your relationship just based on sex then?
No, our relationship is not all based on sex. At one time when we first started dating yes, then we really fell for each other, that is why I am still with him and he is still with me after 3 1/2 years. He did ask me what was wrong and asked my why. I just didn't know how to put it to him that I was depressed about certain things.

I suggest that you take some medication but talk to your doctor about what would be best. Go with your boyfriend and tell your doctor about how you feel that his medication makes him worse. Your doctor will geht you the right medication and you will feel better. I don't know what to say about you making your boyfriend feel that he is undesirable to you. I never had a problem convincing people of things. If you don't feel like going to your doctor look at other people in the world. People in Ethopia are starving to death. Are you? No. You have an abundant source of food and water. You have no reason to feel depressed. You say you're depressed because of your mother? Geht over it. We all have family problems. You need to look at the people in the middle east. They are plagued by famine, disease, and war. Are you? No. You are pefectly fine. You are not living in the streets. You have a home. You are better than some depression bullshit. Pull yourself out of this pile of bullshit you have fallen into. You can do it. If you think you can't you're full of shit.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
NaughtyGirl21 said:
All I wanted to do was just ball my eyes out but I couldn't. He didn't help me none at all by asking me why I didn't want to have sex and telling me it was because he was gaining wait and I thought he was fat and it was disgusting or something. What should I do?
there's nothing wrong w/ this relationship, you're made for eachother. you both suffer from the same delusion that the world revolves around you. it's funny how you don't recognize his accusation as being self-centered, its like the blind leading the blind (perhaps b/c you too are self-centered); the both of you def need psychological help but it's not for depression. and if you want to improve your relationships, it begins w/ you not the other people you have no control over.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Depression Cure:

5-HTP.

Do some research - its excellent stuff, plus its Bio-Identical (means that your body produces it naturally, and the pill form is exactly the same molecule).

Take between 50-100mg at lunch daily for three weeks, have one week off, and repeat. Don't take any more than that.

hope this helps!

Definitely talk to your doctor, and if s/he doesn't seem to think the problem has the same gravity as you think it does, find another doctor.

Not the doctor type? Seek COUNSELING. Sometimes being able to talk about what is happening to you can be a great purgative for what ails you. Helps find the ROOT of the problem. Just stay away from the psychologists with a degree in playing the blame game. Pointing a finger at the person or the eventwho depressed you without offering any positive or constructive courses of action are not worth your time and definitely NOT what you need. There is a light at the end of the tunnel but if you make no attempt to navigate the twisting maze of tunnels, you'll never find it. Make it happen, cuz nobody else can do it for you. Go get 'em, girl!

Janglenut

Particinator
. People in Ethopia are starving to death. Are you? No. You have an abundant source of food and water. You have no reason to feel depressed. You say you're depressed because of your mother? Geht over it. We all have family problems. You need to look at the people in the middle east. They are plagued by famine, disease, and war. Are you? No. You are pefectly fine. You are not living in the streets. You have a home. You are better than some depression bullshit. Pull yourself out of this pile of bullshit you have fallen into. You can do it. If you think you can't you're full of shit.[/QUOTE]

For fucks sake calm down kid. Ethopia, is not here. Where she is living is the U.S. Fuck the Ethopians. She has reason to feel depressed, who are you to tell her of her life? Calm down and be quiet about the middle east.

NaughtyGirl, what you need to do is sit your boyfriend down and talk to him face to face. He more than likely is worried that something is going to happen between you two, after 3.5 years, and just is looking for some reassurance when he cuts himself down. Tell him that you love him how he is, that's if you really do...Either way, just sit his ass down and tell him what's going on.

Janglenut said:
For fucks sake calm down kid. Ethopia, is not here. Where she is living is the U.S. Fuck the Ethopians. She has reason to feel depressed, who are you to tell her of her life? Calm down and be quiet about the middle east.

NaughtyGirl, what you need to do is sit your boyfriend down and talk to him face to face. He more than likely is worried that something is going to happen between you two, after 3.5 years, and just is looking for some reassurance when he cuts himself down. Tell him that you love him how he is, that's if you really do...Either way, just sit his ass down and tell him what's going on.
I'm pointing out that she doesn't have a bad life and has no reason to be depressed. People in Ethopia that are starving to death do.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
If you do fun stuff together, and have sex regular (and sex like he likes it, different but close), and he's still acting like that, it's time to move on. There are some serious issues, obviously ones he's not willing to share, and there's millions of men just waiting to meet you.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
I Hate The FCC said:
I'm pointing out that she doesn't have a bad life and has no reason to be depressed. People in Ethopia that are starving to death do.
How the fuck do you know how my life is? Just because I live in the US does not mean my life is peachy. I don't give a fuck about Ethopia, no I don't live there and no I am not starving but, what is going on in my life right now gives me all the reasons to be depressed. Obviously your life must be peachy if you think that all Americans should not be depressed, but you are mistaken.

JLXC said:
If you do fun stuff together, and have sex regular (and sex like he likes it, different but close), and he's still acting like that, it's time to move on. There are some serious issues, obviously ones he's not willing to share, and there's millions of men just waiting to meet you.
Obviously you didn't read my thread right or didn't get it. :rolleyes:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
NaughtyGirl21 said:
Obviously you didn't read my thread right or didn't get it. :rolleyes:
Oh I got your point all right, that's why I added the part in (). Just some friendly advice from a male who's not trying to BS you. Do with it what you will.