WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Boys

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
59
112
#1
I'll never for the life of me understand it. I have a bf, i have what i would call an admierer, I have a guy at work who I know likes me but is too shy to do anything about it, and a guy who has an insane crush on me. The thing I don't get is 3 months ago, I couldn't even get a date for prom and now I'm gettin all this attention from guys. Also, if a guy likes you, like, really likes you and u know that he wants to go out with you, why the hell don't they just ask??? That's just a pet peeve of mine. Anyway, I like it but hate it at the same time. I guess this is more of a vent than anything else. Thanks for reading my gobblie gook.
 

swizeguy

How dare you!?
912
0
0
#2
well there are alot of people in general that find something about a person who is "taken" interesting. like they are the forbidden apple. But personally about your pet peeve. If you like them and they like you thats great. But speaking for atleast me. I can frankly say women are CONFUSING! It is hard to know if they like you unless they make it painfully obvious. In which case well... i wont go there. BUT just take it as it comes and make sure you dont keep mentioning that all those guys like you to your b/f. I dont know about him, im not a jealous kinda guy or anything, but it has always bugged me in the past when a girl that im dating is trying to get me jealous. Its just not fair. Thankfully my girl doesnt do it to me shes great. She even baked me a cake for my bday. My mother didnt even do that. lol ANYWAYS....
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,980
1,398
487
#3
i guess some people are just afraid of rejection. i've always been the opposite, but i've had a lot of friend that were that way. i've always just went for it, a no isn't the end of the world. i've always wondered why some people have such a hard time with this issue. just my .02.
 

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
59
112
#4
swizeguy said:
... and make sure you dont keep mentioning that all those guys like you to your b/f. I dont know about him, im not a jealous kinda guy or anything, but it has always bugged me in the past when a girl that im dating is trying to get me jealous. Its just not fair. Thankfully my girl doesnt do it to me shes great. She even baked me a cake for my bday. My mother didnt even do that. lol ANYWAYS....
Ur gf sounds great. I really try not to say too much. He knows about a couple of the guys, but he also knows that I'd never cheat on him. So he has nothing to be jelious of. The whole situation is just confusing. And to top it off only one of the guys know's that I'm taken. And he's keeping a respectful distance, which i really appreciate. He's there to talk to, but he's not trying to cut in or break anything up. Anyway, thanks.
 

swizeguy

How dare you!?
912
0
0
#5
well thats good that there giving you space. i guess in a way its just a test on you to see how faithful you can be. Either that or its gods way of playing a joke.. lol kinda like everything else. cant find it when you want it but when you do want it you cant get rid of it.
And yes i really really like my g/f she is great. Cute too, much added benefit :D
 

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
585
0
0
#6
Magnolia, fear of rejection is a terrible thing and it runs more rampant now than the boubonic plauge ever did.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#7
magnolia said:
I'll never for the life of me understand it. I have a bf, i have what i would call an admierer, I have a guy at work who I know likes me but is too shy to do anything about it, and a guy who has an insane crush on me. The thing I don't get is 3 months ago, I couldn't even get a date for prom and now I'm gettin all this attention from guys. Also, if a guy likes you, like, really likes you and u know that he wants to go out with you, why the hell don't they just ask??? That's just a pet peeve of mine. Anyway, I like it but hate it at the same time. I guess this is more of a vent than anything else. Thanks for reading my gobblie gook.
Children! Go figure? Young boys are often extremely stupid when it comes to the other sex! and after prom the pressure is off!
 

evilghoul

Eee-Ook Gow
166
0
0
#8
If you were in a boys position, its a lot different, you can get pretty nervous, it just depends on what type of person you are (eg. shy, badass :cool:, etc.) If I were him I'd come over & start some sort of conversation.
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#9
yeah, some men have fear of rejection, such as me. Like, I can go up to any girl and start talking and shit, its just when the question comes around, I kinda fuck it up. Eh. Hope that changes one of these days.
 

breakology

Kiss my Converse
1,890
4
102
#10
Chicks are the same friggin way, one day they don't even look in your direction, the next day you get a gf, and 5 more are throwing themselves at you. WTF?
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#11
breakology said:
Chicks are the same friggin way, one day they don't even look in your direction, the next day you get a gf, and 5 more are throwing themselves at you. WTF?
No, the five more throw themselves at you when you have a GF
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#15
Unforgiven said:
what makes you think that? :)

You remind me of my brother! He's in front of a pooter all day, online, and "every one is stupid".
 
11,052
398
382
#16
TwisT said:
You remind me of my brother! He's in front of a pooter all day, online, and "every one is stupid".
ah...

i'm only in front of a pooter for 4 hours a day... the rest of the time i'm either working or sleeping :)
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#17
Unforgiven said:
ah...

i'm only in front of a pooter for 4 hours a day... the rest of the time i'm either working or sleeping :)
:thumbsup: