Broken phone

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
Anybody here ever take their phone to a repair shop? I dropped my phone and cracked the screen. There are more and more growing black spots, and the color fades when I use the phone, but the color returns when I put it on standby. The touch screen likes to act on it's own too, and sometimes moves a menu in my way and won't let me drag it back.

Could a repair place fix this? How much would it cost?

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Anybody here ever take their phone to a repair shop? I dropped my phone and cracked the screen. There are more and more growing black spots, and the color fades when I use the phone, but the color returns when I put it on standby. The touch screen likes to act on it's own too, and sometimes moves a menu in my way and won't let me drag it back.

Could a repair place fix this? How much would it cost?
Most places will charge $80 bucks and up just to work on the phone,
better off buying a new phone nowadays instead of having it repaired.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
The same has been said about televisions for the last thirty years.

(Fortunately, it is much harder to drop a television, unless you have pets and/or little children and do not take steps to secure the television in place.)

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Back in the day when TV's had tubes and 100 miles of copper in them my dad fixed them all the time,
But with the plasma TV's and such,it's cheaper to replace them nowadays.

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
The same has been said about televisions for the last thirty years.

(Fortunately, it is much harder to drop a television, unless you have pets and/or little children and do not take steps to secure the television in place.)
Back in the day when TV's had tubes and 100 miles of copper in them my dad fixed them all the time,
But with the plasma TV's and such,it's cheaper to replace them nowadays.
I stopped at a repair place. Turns out it's cheaper to repair. $110 to repair and $200 to replace. This phone has lots of memory and has a nice screen, so I don't want to downgrade to a cheaper, worse phone.

Last edited:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
It cannot be fixed.

EVER.

You will swiftly be booted back to the stone age when @Jason and @BRiT called each other on a phone that was forever tethered to a wall.

Why?

Ask yer Grandma.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
It cannot be fixed.

EVER.

You will swiftly be booted back to the stone age when @Jason and @BRiT called each other on a phone that was forever tethered to a wall.

Why?

Ask yer Grandma.
I once had an all metal heavy phone that had a wire that went straight through the wall with no jacks. OLD SCHOOL!

Also of note, the audio quality of these old phones were leagues above what you get now with cell phones... Crystal clear, and you can both talk at the same time which is still an issue with today's cell phones.

Attachments

• stockphoto.jpg
    stockphoto.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
you can both talk at the same time which is still an issue with today's cell phones.
I had a flip phone that always had the other person's audio come out super quiet for some reason. I also had a smartphone that sometimes caused both caller's voices to echo for some reason. They were cheap phones, so that must be the reason.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
If the sound quality of today's phones was not bad enough, I have a couple friends who are too lazy to hold their phones. so they put their phones in speaker mode and set them down. It is like talking to someone with a walkie-talkie, but with an annoying delay. Then, they will walk around their apartments while we are talking, so their voices fade in an out. Just last night, a friend thought he had accidentally hung up on me when his cat walked on top of his phone. People these days have no phone etiquette or common sense.