WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Brother Says Missing Marine in Iraq Freed

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
BEIRUT, Lebanon - The family of a Lebanese-born U.S. Marine held hostage in Iraq said it was confident Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun had been freed and was well, though relatives have not heard directly from him, his brother said Tuesday.

Hours later, a Lebanese government official said the kidnappers released Hassoun after he pledged he would not return to the U.S. military. The official, who spoke on customary condition of anonymity, said Hassoun's whereabouts were unknown.
"We have received reliable information the guy is free," Sami Hassoun told The Associated Press from the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli, where the Marine has family.

Though he had not spoken with his brother, who was serving as a translator with the U.S. Marines in Iraq when he went missing June 20, Sami Hassoun said "we received a sign from my brother reassuring us."

Desert your country? or Get your head cut off? That's a tough one...

chubz

fluffy teh penguin
its all an honor issue
samuris would kill them selves because they killed otheres in battle and intresting cut too backwards l and then theyed chop off your head

twofivekidd9

Big Floppy Donkey Dong
What have you been smoking? I cant understand a damn word you just said. WTF is a samuri? Is it a motorcycle?
"Theyed" chop off?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
look i "love" my country as much as the next person, but if i was being asked to pledge allegiance to Iraq and live or pledge allegiance to America and lose my head, id say "Praise Allah". Gotta look out for myself. and if I get called a traitor and what not, I can change my name and move to Tennessee. Its the American way.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tbsrk said:
look i "love" my country as much as the next person, but if i was being asked to pledge allegiance to Iraq and live or pledge allegiance to America and lose my head, id say "Praise Allah". Gotta look out for myself. and if I get called a traitor and what not, I can change my name and move to Tennessee. Its the American way.
Have to agree. It's about the worse choice a person could be forced to make, their country or their life...

There's a good use for Tennessee.