WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Brownie Gets a New Job

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
'Brownie' seeks fresh start as consultant in Colorado
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS
WASHINGTON -- He learned his lessons, and now they're for sale.
Ousted FEMA director Michael Brown, who was vilified over his handling of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, plans to make a fresh start in Colorado, selling his expertise about how emergency planning can go right or so very wrong.
"You have to do it with candor. To do it otherwise gives you no credibility," Brown said Wednesday. "I think people are curious: 'My gosh, what was it like? The media just really beat you up. You made mistakes. I don't want to be in that situation. How do I avoid that?' "
In an interview with the Rocky Mountain News, Brown acknowledged key mistakes he made while overseeing the federal response to the hurricane that ravaged Louisiana and Mississippi. He also lashed out at the media and discussed plans to base his fledgling consulting business in the Boulder-Longmont area of Colorado, where he lived before joining the Bush Administration in 2001.
"Look, Hurricane Katrina showed how bad disasters can be, and there's an incredible need for individuals and businesses to understand how important preparedness is," he said. "So if I can help people focus on preparedness, how to be better prepared in their homes and better prepared in their businesses _ because that goes straight to the bottom line _ then I hope I can help the country in some way."

LINK
------------------------------------------------------------------

A "National" public fuck-up and what does he think? Sounds like opportunity knocking!

You couldn't make this shit up...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, all I have to say about it is that the guy fucked up. To be known permanently as the guy who fucked up at FEMA is punishment. What more does anyone want? Him to kill himself? Would that make the media, who has obviously berated this man beyond the hurricane incident feel better? How about a life long prison sentance, would that make anyone feel better? Let the man move on with his life. The past can not be changed.

BadEvilWrong

I'd melt the world to stop with you.
He goes to Colorado to sell his experience with disaster planning? Does anyone else see something wrong with this?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This thread made me want brownies.

That is all.

im sure that Brown will be feeling pretty bad for what his mistakes. He'll probably punish himself enough for his actions.

i also want Brownies now.