WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

burnt and broken

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
one day me and a couple of friends decided to go dirtbike riding near taronga falls we were having an awsome time until one of my mates slid and hit my bike i was sent flying off and under my bike crashing to the floor the bike finally stopped sliding out my friend was fine but i was fucked up my leg under the muffler of my yamaha yz 250. Luckly my friend was alrite and was able to move my bike off my leg.

about five minutes after that we had figured that i had broken my leg,my leg was also burnt from the muffler. two of my mates loaded all of the dirtbikes onto the trailer and took me to the nearest hospital

this was a while ago so im fine now but has anything simular like this happend to anyone?

if so explain the pain you were in.

i was in soo much fucking pain i started crying like a little girl and i never ever cry.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
when I was a teenager (you know, back when dinos walked the earth and we lived in caves, droves foot-powered cars and had pteradactyls for record players), i grew 6.5 inches in one year. Ever since, my knees have been really weak. They used to buckle on me all the time, slip out of join and back in, bend backwards if i stepped wrong, etc etc. Hurt like hell every time but only took a day or two to recover from.

well... when I was 16 I was at a family reunion for xmas (fucking holidays). The house we were at had a huge trampoline in the back yard so of course we were playing on it. My brother bet me $20 i couldn't do a backflip so of course, being the manly man that i was, i couldn't back down.

Well, I did the backflip, landed on my feet and everything. unfortunately my knee couldn't handle it. I thought it had just buckled so I limped into the house and put ice on it, spent the rest of the day limping around on it.

We finally get home that night, around midnight i think it was, and i limped my way to my room (which was actually the living room, my bro and mom had their own rooms) and went to bed. Around 2am I woke up in agony. I couldn't move at all or it got worse. I started shouting for my brother or mom but nobody could hear me. Around 3am my bro woke up to use the restroom and heard me. They took me to the hospital.

Turns out my knee had shattered on the inside of the join, my kneecap had bounced and spiderwebbed (like when you hit safety glass. it breaks but doesn't come apart). They had to rebuild my knee with screws, wire and i think they even put in some duct tape but i'm not sure, i was really high during the operation (but conscious, go figure)

I was on crutches for 6 months after that.

So yeah, leg injuries suck big floppy donky dick. I feel your pain. Hope you get better soon. Or at least some good drugs.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
ever tried getting a ride from a mate on his pushbike? you sit on the handlebars and keep your legs away from the bloody tire, or you will get nasty red burns and they damn well hurt a lot.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
dookie said:
ever tried getting a ride from a mate on his pushbike? you sit on the handlebars and keep your legs away from the bloody tire, or you will get nasty red burns and they damn well hurt a lot.
dude we were riding dirtbikes not pushbikes.

Easty

Click click boom
well, about 6 years ago i was playing soccer in 8th grade running to the ball when my right knee gave out. it basically did a loud pop, then a nasty grind, then another bad pop. then while that knee was recovering, i would favor the left one, only to injure that one a lot worse. so now, at least once a day, it'll pop really bad, fluid will rush out on the inside, then come rushing back, and it fucking hurts like no other. and occasionally my whole knee will get twisted up. i should also mention that the only thing really holding that bitch together is some muscle, cartilidge, and what could loosely be called a knee cap.

i know it has nothing to do with dirtbikes but meh, oh well.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
Eastside said:
well, about 6 years ago i was playing soccer in 8th grade running to the ball when my right knee gave out. it basically did a loud pop, then a nasty grind, then another bad pop. then while that knee was recovering, i would favor the left one, only to injure that one a lot worse. so now, at least once a day, it'll pop really bad, fluid will rush out on the inside, then come rushing back, and it fucking hurts like no other. and occasionally my whole knee will get twisted up. i should also mention that the only thing really holding that bitch together is some muscle, cartilidge, and what could loosely be called a knee cap.

i know it has nothing to do with dirtbikes but meh, oh well.

that sounds fuckin painful man ... i can just imagine it

/me puts on knee pads for no reason

Easty

Click click boom
the pads wont help ya, the shit happens inside, not directly a result from the outside, like a shot to the shin or a hyperextension. but, yeah it does suck.

thanks for your sympathy and your rep

i was riding on the back of my dads motorcycle when i was like 10 and he hit a rut and flipped the bike and it landed on my leg and broke it, i was on crutches for like 8 months, and it hurt like hell!

also when i was in seventh grade i was goin up for a layup in basketball and my right knee gave out on me and i tore a muscle in it and fucked up the entire knee cap. i was just layin there holdin my knee and about cryin and these other girls on the team come over and are all like are you ok but laughin cuz they thought i was fakin and i was like i cant move my leg. and they try to force me up still thinkin i was fakin and i couldnt walk without crutches for like two months. i went to the doctor and he didnt know his ass from a hole in a doughnut and he just told me to take ibprophen and do leg lifts. i did it and to this day i cant sprint at all, and about once a week no matter what i do it just hurts like hell and i cant walk on it all day. it feels like someone is stabbing me in the knee and twisting it and doing it again.

When I was in 7th or 8th grade I used to do "street lugeing(sp?)" with my friends. We would go down this maaassive hill down to my cul de sac and then bail out in my yard. Well one time I decided I'd give it a try on my brother's little plastic 3 wheeler. I started going reeeally fast and decided that at the peak of my speed, I'd do a no hander.

BIG MISTAKE

I flew over the handlebars after the wheel jammed to the left, sending me tumbling down rocky asphalt. I got up and started walking home, feeling fine until i realized that there was literally no skin on my left knee. Just blood. Ewwww... It was a bitch to let heal as well, couldnt walk without breaking the scab.

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
angrywelshman said:
When I was in 7th or 8th grade I used to do "street lugeing(sp?)" with my friends. We would go down this maaassive hill down to my cul de sac and then bail out in my yard. Well one time I decided I'd give it a try on my brother's little plastic 3 wheeler. I started going reeeally fast and decided that at the peak of my speed, I'd do a no hander.

BIG MISTAKE

I flew over the handlebars after the wheel jammed to the left, sending me tumbling down rocky asphalt. I got up and started walking home, feeling fine until i realized that there was literally no skin on my left knee. Just blood. Ewwww... It was a bitch to let heal as well, couldnt walk without breaking the scab.
when i was eight years old i had a yamaha pee wee 80 which was my first dirtbike, as an inexperianced rider i stalled the gear by acident and i keep on revving(your not meant to) the gear clicked in and the bike was in high rev causing it to jolt sending me over the handle bars.

HoneyImHome

sugar-coated cynicism
At the age of 10 I was rollerskating in the cul-de-sac and jumped off the sidewalk to the road, lost control and landed in the neighbor's garden of various cacti. :(

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
A bit off the topic, but sill about pain, when I was in bootcamp we have to run 1.5 miles in 12 min or we get fucked. I made 2 laps (12 laps is required) an jamed my hip. Not only did it hurt like hell, but I kept going. 10 laps on a jamed hip, then marching back to the baracks.

I passed out after I got back, then got PT'd for sleeping. I don't know how I got through it, but I never went to medical about it.

I told my shipmates if I wanted someone to tell me to deal with it and hydrait, I'd get a trainer.

P.S I cut off the side of my thumb in a meat slicer but that didn't hurt at all. I sliced open the skin on my finger, that didn't realy hurt. But I got my thumb (same one) caught in a band saw when I was putting on the blade, hurt quite a bit when I riped it out.

HappyNinja

WTF?! WTF does that MEAN?
I was doing a little late-night mountain riding on my CBR 600 F3. I was coming around a sweeping right-hander and came face to face with a giant friggin' bull elk. I pulled up short in the turn to avoid hitting the elk, stood on the brake pedal, and yanked the brake handle to avoid leaving the road, but I couldn't stop in time. When I left the road my front tire hit a boulder and the bike stopped, I didn't. I flew about 25 ft to do a flying shoulder block against a paved drainage ditch then slid into the ditch and went unconcious. When I woke up, I stood and tried to climb out of the ditch. Put both of my hands on the side and tried to lift myself out. That's when I noticed I had seperated the shoulder that hit the side of the ditch on my way down. I screamed like I had never screamed in my entire life. Putting 225 pounds on a seperated shoulder felt less than pleasant. :flamed:

Base

it's a motherfucker
a few years ago the school day finnished. I was riding my Honda Trail 110cc (fun bikes those are) when this ass hole suddenly pulled out in front of me and then breaked for some retarded reason. I slam on my breaks but end slipping and slid into the back of this retard. Luckly no serious injury, just a couple of cuts and bruises.

Another time i managed to get my bike to go up to 110km/hr. that was fun, and i also ran over a dog once, but my bike was ok :thumbsup: ......so was the dog, its it's own damn fault for trying to bite me feet.

a few years ago i was ride my quad through a field when i hit a huge ass rock and i felt myself start to fly forward so i held on with all my might not to go over the handle bars. i managed to to flip the damn thing and not go over the handle bars but i felt a sharp pain in my chest. i though it was just bruised so i started back home. i got back and too my shirt off and blood just started dripping from it. iwas like o shit. i couldnt find the key so i used the backup key which had no rubber over it and when i hit the rock i hit the key so hard that it left a hole in my chest but it didnt rip the shirt. so right away my grandma took me to the hospital and i had to have the thing stapled back together because it was torn wide open from ridin back. man that hurt like a bitch. i did cry but it was when they put those fuckin staples in.

Blaze

Pyromaniac Extraordinaire
This happened about 6 or so years ago but me and my friends still laugh about this crap.

Me and my friend J went to a local artist's house to get a few pointers and discuss art, painting techniques, whatever. My dad was the one who gave us a lift over there but his dumass got busy and couldn't make it to pick us back up. The artist goes, "I can give you a life - no problem." We were thankful and delighted that we didn't have to wait on the bus stop on a cold winter afternoon.

It was about -10 below freezing and I litterally couldn't feel my fingers. I started to get worried but it's not like they were turning blue or whatever so I figured I just wiggle them around and put them in my pockets to warm them up.

Did I say I was thankful and delighted? No, that can't be right......CUZ HOW DA FUCK CAN YOU FIT THREE PEOPLE IN A TWO-SEAT CAR???? WTF??!!!!! :rant: Naturally, I was pissed but didn't show it. So me and J, like a dumfuck, try to squeeze our 44D+ cups into this TEENY-AS-A-FUCKIN'-THIMBLE MOBILE.

We squeezed in, J shut the passenger door. J asked me if I could scoot over a bit. I tried but it was like something was preventing me. Was it my coat? Was it a scarf? Nope. IT WAS MY FUCKIN' FINGERS.....ALL FRIGGIN 5 OF THEM!!!!! Yeah, my cold-as-icecubes fingers got caught in the door when J shut it and I couldn't feel a dam thing. So we all get out and J starts to inspect my hand to check if anything is broken. She moves a finger and I still don't feel shit.

However, on the side of my thumb, where I began to bleed, I could feel the ice in the air - to which I shouted, "OUCH DAMMIT!" And wouldn't ya know it, 2 seconds go by and I could feel pain in all my fingers. Only after I called my dad about what happened did he fly over and take me and J home. Sonovabitch :mfinger: . Went to the doctor the following week, not a dam thing broke. Whatever. Funny as shit now.