WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush admits smoking marijuana

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6999665/
NEW YORK - Private conversations with George Bush secretly taped by an old friend before he was elected president foreshadow some of his political strategies and appear to reveal that he acknowledged using marijuana, The New York Times reported Saturday.

The conversations were recorded by Doug Wead, a former aide to George W. Bush’s father, beginning in 1998, when Bush was weighing a presidential bid, until just before the Republican National Convention in 2000, the Times said in a story posted on its Web site.

The tapes show Bush crafting a strategy for navigating the tricky political waters between Christian conservative and secular voters, repeatedly worrying that evangelicals would be angered by a refusal to bash gays and that secular Americans would be turned off by meetings with evangelical leaders.

On one tape, Bush explains that he told one prominent evangelical that he would not “kick gays, because I’m a sinner. How can I differentiate sin?”

Candid talk about foes, drugs
In early tapes, Bush dismisses the strength of John McCain for the nomination and expresses concern about rival Steve Forbes. He also praises John Ashcroft as a promising candidate for Supreme Court justice, attorney general or vice president.

Bush also criticizes then-Vice President Al Gore for admitting marijuana use and explains why he would not do the same.

“I wouldn’t answer the marijuana questions,” he said, according to the Times. “You know why? Because I don’t want some little kid doing what I tried.”

According to the article, Wead played 12 of the tapes to a Times reporter. He said he recorded them because he viewed Bush as a historic figure. He is the author of a new book on presidential childhoods.

The New York Times hired an audio authentication expert who concluded the voice was that of the president. The White House did not deny the authenticity of the tapes.

“The governor was having casual conversations with someone he believed was his friend,” White House spokesman Trent Duffy said, referring to Bush.

(George Bush approves of that shit.)

brains of bush

He doesnt understand everything, he did accumulated to make him who he is Prez of the friggen U.S. Drugs were in his past, therefore they got him where he is. So all kids should do like him, and become the moral leader of the first world. he-he DUMBASS

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
bigck3000 said:
The guy who was interviewing him was named "Wead"?....

DUN-DA-DUN-DUN----DUNNNN!
lol ^^

well he was a coke addict too, so what. He's still a moron. The fact he smoked weed doesn't make him more or less of a bad president :thumbsdn:

If I were president it would probably drive me to smoke dope to. But Marijuana isn't a bad drug for some people. Take me for example I'm 16 and have had 3.8 average all through school or at least since I have been smoking marijuana so since 6th grade at least. But it isn't for everyone, some people are better off without it and others should smoke it. But I don't see what the big deal is if Bush USED TO SMOKE pot I mean doesn't it make him better because he did because now he can adress the problem first hand because he knows what its like to be called a "Pot Head". WTF he don't do it anymore so why make such a big deal about things that happened in the past? I mean isn't that why we call it the past why don't the reporters ask him why Iraq is getting gas cheaper than the U.S.? WTF!!!!!

i always knew he looked like a stoner, what with his slow speech and all.

good for him that he quit? :thumbsup:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
he also got arrested for DUI to add to his list of drug things. i still hate bush, and even though this makes him somewhat cooler, i still hate him and will use it in arguments as to why he sucks

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
He's cooler because he smoked weed? No hes a hypocrite because he smoked weed. I bet he bogarts that shit like nobody's business....I would KILL to smoke weed with GW just so I could slap him when he drops the blunt or says something stupid.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
voiceofreason said:
It gives you a real view to what kind of person he is, the kind that subjugates the truth...
we all know he's like that, I'm not surprised anymore when I hear Bush has lied- again.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Wait, was this another attempt of Bush to try and appear like a "regular American"?

Bush: "Uh, yeah, sure I have tried the marijuana. In fact, I used to be a big fan of the marijuana. I'm cool. I'm hip with the radical peeps. I used to really enjoy using marijuana drugs and doing the dope."

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
it was never a secret.... like he said in the tape.... he doesn't want some kid to use "well the Prez did it so whats the problem"... as an excuse to try it...
Clinton was a hero for not inhaling... Gore inhaled(trying to one up Clinton).. no biggie.. Bush says he'd rather not make some of his past poor decisions a reason for kids now to make the same mistakes... and he gets blasted... well I guess he isn't getting "blasted" I'll call it slapped on the wrist by the media... they really aren't making it as big of a deal as I woulda expected...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
For some unknown reason, a dumpster behind my job has "HEMP" stenciled on the side. I’ll get some photo-journalism on it.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
no its a headstone.... thats where the lil known 4th stooge was laid to rest... the "S" just weathered away...

I dont know why people are against mary jane in the first place. Its no worse than alcohol and anyone who thinks otherwise is fucked up. Then again; I wouldnt mind getting fucked up myself.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
awesome contribution....once again you prove yourself worthy of a "poster of the month" nomination. Keep up the good work.

This reminds me of what I said to my teacher when she asked what I would do if my parents caught me smoking weed. I said I'd Pull a Clinton. When asked what that meant, I said I would say I didn't inhale.