WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush: America Will Honor Fallen Soldiers

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Va. - Quoting letters of the fallen from the war in Iraq, President Bush vowed Monday to a Memorial Day audience of military families and soldiers in uniform that the nation will honor its dead by striving for peace and democracy, no matter the cost.

"We must honor them by completing the mission for which they gave their lives; by defeating the terrorists," the president told a supportive crowd of several thousand people at Arlington National Cemetery.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sends them to their deaths for no good reason, THEN makes a photo Op out of it.

Sickening...

(NO, THIS IS ABOUT BUSH'S ACTIONS, ITS NOT ABOUT SUPPORTING THE TROOPS, SO RELAX)

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
"No matter the cost"

They need more dead soldiers for the next Memorial Day :thumbsup:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
It's funny though.. we'll it's not for those who died and their families.. but funny, in a dark way. The American EMPIRE has the biggest and most efficient army in the world, and by far; yet they have a hard time controlling a single middle-east country.

Why?

Because every second, a poor kid falls into the vicious circle of hate and swears to allah he will kill some Americans. Everyday, 16-25 year olds cross the border to iraq to fight. The anti-american movement is growing and growing and no tank can stop it. (the tank can stop the terrorist, but it can't stop terrorism)

So there we go, fighting a fishy war against something we cannot kill. Even worse, we make it stronger.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
RageAgainst said:
So there we go, fighting a fishy war against something we cannot kill. Even worse, we make it stronger.
It's too bad people in the circles that could make this change are so devoted to the almighty dollar that the war machine creates that it blinds them from common decency. So many people seem to get it, why must they be so Evil?

JLXC said:
It's too bad people in the circles that could make this change are so devoted to the almighty dollar that the war machine creates that it blinds them from common decency. So many people seem to get it, why must they be so Evil?
Evil is only perspective. You see them as Evil, and they see themselves as good people. You see terrorists as evil, yet they see themselves as good and you as the Evil person. It is a useless word.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I Hate The FCC said:
Evil is only perspective. You see them as Evil, and they see themselves as good people. You see terrorists as evil, yet they see themselves as good and you as the Evil person. It is a useless word.
Well then let me clarify, I mean Evil in the super geeky Dungeons and Dragons players handbook kinda way. Not in the "Evil is just perspective way". Does that help clarify my position? (Of course I realize the quoting of D&D to support an argument is essentially neticide, but I'm just talking about the basic "Don't fuck over everyone for your own selfish gains" kinda thing. Don't kill me for using D&D, it's just an example, not my belief system.)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Why shouldn't he. Everyone should honor our fallen soldiers not just from Iraq, but from wars passed....

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
_Kitana_ said:
Why shouldn't he. Everyone should honor our fallen soldiers not just from Iraq, but from wars passed....
Well, you see it's Ironic because he's the one that, oh never mind...

PS: You were instructed to Relax:

(NO, THIS IS ABOUT BUSH'S ACTIONS, ITS NOT ABOUT SUPPORTING THE TROOPS, SO RELAX)

_Kitana_ said:
I gotta agree with ^. Regardless of anyone's individual opinion, the president should honor those who gave their lives for our country (even if you don’t agree with the cause). Would you rather he ignores their sacrifice? Let him have the photo opp, if anything, it will make the families of the soldiers feel better about their son/daughter's sacrifice.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
RDubb said:
I gotta agree with ^. Regardless of anyone's individual opinion, the president should honor those who gave their lives for our country (even if you don’t agree with the cause). Would you rather he ignores their sacrifice? Let him have the photo opp, if anything, it will make the families of the soldiers feel better about their son/daughter's sacrifice.

You totally missed the point...

Go away n00b...

Janglenut

Particinator
voiceofreason said:
You totally missed the point...

Go away n00b...

I think you miss the point that the president isn't the one who decides if we go to war.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Janglenut said:
I think you miss the point that the president isn't the one who decides if we go to war.
He shoved that war down everyone's throat for all the wrong reasons, maybe you missed that point...

RageAgainst said:
It's funny though.. we'll it's not for those who died and their families.. but funny, in a dark way. The American EMPIRE has the biggest and most efficient army in the world, and by far; yet they have a hard time controlling a single middle-east country.

Why?

Because every second, a poor kid falls into the vicious circle of hate and swears to allah he will kill some Americans. Everyday, 16-25 year olds cross the border to iraq to fight. The anti-american movement is growing and growing and no tank can stop it. (the tank can stop the terrorist, but it can't stop terrorism)

Those kids do that, because they are just as ignorant as we are about the oustide world as alot of americans are. Sad isn't it?

Janglenut

Particinator
voiceofreason said:
He shoved that war down everyone's throat for all the wrong reasons, maybe you missed that point...

Believe it or not, the president isn't the only one running the country. It's set up so the country cannot just be ran by the one man and his beliefs. I believe you are the one here who doesn't know what they are talking about. You are just one of the mindless drones who are bush-bashers. Learn up on the facts before you speak.

n8dross

I sucked Bush's cock
Ha! someone else said that these 16-25 year olds fall into this circle????? Think about it imagine all these kids in these third world countries beig taught from the time they can walk about the evil americans and seing terrorism in their own back yards! it is all they know! know we go to iraq liberate them and help them pursue freedom and democracy! if we can get them to establish a decent education system they can learn something other than hate! Maybe this will curb the terrorism ??? i dont know its just a thought :happysad:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Janglenut said:
Believe it or not, the president isn't the only one running the country. It's set up so the country cannot just be ran by the one man and his beliefs. I believe you are the one here who doesn't know what they are talking about. You are just one of the mindless drones who are bush-bashers. Learn up on the facts before you speak.
You're right, he's only the President of the United States, let's cut him some more slack. And when he realized that he started an unjust war based on bullshit, what did he do? Nothing, the killing goes on today.

Are you going to give him a pass on that one too? Aren't you forgiving...what the hell, your family's not dead...

n8dross

I sucked Bush's cock
Hey lets blame all the countries problems on bush so that apethetic little liberals can say see i told u it was his fault yet not do a fucking thing about it but point the finger hell while were at it all the worlds problems are the current administrations fault does that make u feel better voice of treason?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
n8dross said:
Hey lets blame all the countries problems on bush so that apethetic little liberals can say see i told u it was his fault yet not do a fucking thing about it but point the finger hell while were at it all the worlds problems are the current administrations fault does that make u feel better voice of treason?
Seems like you're having a problem staying on subject. We're discussing the war in Iraq.

We need to point the finger where it belongs.

Let me guess, you haven't lost any family members either?

Easy to be forgiving when it doesn't hurt, right?

You can just keep your head up your ass, I'm sure you'll be happier there...

n8dross

I sucked Bush's cock
It does matter if u have lost family !! well its easy to blame the president he sent the troops over there to fight an unpopular war, however why does no one touch on the good thats being done there. i dont think that any of the soldiers died for nothing i refuse to blame their deaths on the president he didnt pull the trigger or leave the roadside bomb if u beleive that. I feel great sorrow for all that have died in this conflict and all the ones before it. They have made the ultimate sacrifice but your comment in some way bring shame on the duty they do and i dont like it.. uknow people didnt like the veitnam war either and look at the way the vets were treated if thats what u want for our soldiers. people started out by hating president johnson then turned on the soldiers i will not allow this to happen again! So i guess i will keep my head right where it blongs on the ass of people like u. :mfinger:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
n8dross said:
It does matter if u have lost family !! well its easy to blame the president he sent the troops over there to fight an unpopular war, however why does no one touch on the good thats being done there. i dont think that any of the soldiers died for nothing i refuse to blame their deaths on the president he didnt pull the trigger or leave the roadside bomb if u beleive that. I feel great sorrow for all that have died in this conflict and all the ones before it. They have made the ultimate sacrifice but your comment in some way bring shame on the duty they do and i dont like it.. uknow people didnt like the veitnam war either and look at the way the vets were treated if thats what u want for our soldiers. people started out by hating president johnson then turned on the soldiers i will not allow this to happen again! So i guess i will keep my head right where it blongs on the ass of people like u. :mfinger:
Again you can't stay on topic. That ADD's a bitch, eh? The "you're insulting the military" ploy is an old and tired one.
It's not about the military or their work, it's about a senseless war.

I'm sure the good people of Iraq enjoy us invading them and killing them everyday - yeah, Real Good work.