WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Backs Off Idea of National Sales Tax

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
1
0
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - President Bush is distancing himself from suggestions that he wants to replace the federal income tax with a national sales tax, saying "People shouldn't worry about me raising taxes."

Bush created a stir earlier this week when, in response to question from a supporter at a campaign forum in the Florida Panhandle, he said such a tax is "an interesting idea that we ought to explore seriously."

The administration quickly denied the president was seriously considering such a tax, and Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry (news - web sites) suggested such a plan would impose a new burden on working families.

Bush said Thursday night that his point was that "we ought to explore ways to simplify the tax code."

"I said it was an interesting idea," Bush said on CNN's "Larry King Live." "This is politics. People put words in your mouth. People shouldn't worry about me raising taxes. I'm the guy that cut taxes."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you say Flip Flop?


"I'm the guy that cut taxes."

And somehow we're in the hole for another 421 Billion and counting.... GO FIGURE!
 

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
1,591
1
0
voiceofreason said:
Can you say Flip Flop?
Can you say Dicksmack? Yea, that would be you. Bush never even proposed the idea, it was a citizen who suggested it, Bush responded by saying it was "something worth giving serious thought to". So exactly how is that a flip flop?

I mean, what rectal cavity did you crawl out of?
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
1
0
GottaHurt said:
Bush never even proposed the idea,[/ QUOTE]


GottaHurt said:
I mean, what rectal cavity did you crawl out of?
HERE'S THE FLIP
Did you even read the story HE SAID "an interesting idea that we ought to explore seriously."

THERE'S THE FLOP
Then (try to follow along) "The administration quickly denied the president was seriously considering such a tax", because SURPRISE Geroge MIS-SPOKE again. It is their job to keep his ass out of a sling, unfortunately they can only do so much.

You are obsessed with all things anal. It's called being scatalogical. There are treatments for such serious mental defects. Look in to it!
 

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
1,591
1
0
voiceofreason said:
You are obsessed with all things anal. It's called being scatalogical. There are treatments for such serious mental defects. Look in to it!
You seem to be the resident expert. Again, another post and you don't counter with anything, you cut (cut&paste) and run...
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
149
157
You seem to be the resident expert. Again, another post and you don't counter with anything, you cut (cut&paste) and run...
He did counter, what VOR does is keep all of us INFORMED on these forums. He waits for people to respond, then he dicusses more. I see NO evidence of him not countering with that statement. The second post he did was cut and paste, but he was simply restating quotes. Clearly he has read them and is using them as an aid to help win his argument. Why don't you ever do that? Oh, I know why, there is nothing truly positive about what you think. Argue like a man and stop whining about everything, whilst NEVER backing up anything you say. Are you dyslexic, or are you just sheepish?

It's also quite clear that he READS the story before he cut and pastes it. Just because liberals are better informed most of the time doesn't mean that you have to get all ignorant and defensive about it. I have a great idea. Instead of just insulting our beliefs, why don't you just PROVE what you are saying. I dare ya. Go on the internet and try to post something intellectual for once. Have you tried thinking? It's good for your brain.
 

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
1,591
1
0
jstager said:
He did counter, what VOR does is keep all of us INFORMED on these forums. He waits for people to respond, then he dicusses more. I see NO evidence of him not countering with that statement. The second post he did was cut and paste, but he was simply restating quotes. Clearly he has read them and is using them as an aid to help win his argument. Why don't you ever do that? Oh, I know why, there is nothing truly positive about what you think. Argue like a man and stop whining about everything, whilst NEVER backing up anything you say. Are you dyslexic, or are you just sheepish?

It's also quite clear that he READS the story before he cut and pastes it. Just because liberals are better informed most of the time doesn't mean that you have to get all ignorant and defensive about it. I have a great idea. Instead of just insulting our beliefs, why don't you just PROVE what you are saying. I dare ya. Go on the internet and try to post something intellectual for once. Have you tried thinking? It's good for your brain.

Nice to see that you're the spin control doctor for the flock of sheep around here. Nice try, now please, just step aside.
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,951
0
0
here's the problem:

we're calling kerry a flip-flopper. we're calling bush a liar. they're both both.

i'll just take the more articulate, non-war-hungry flip-flopping liar for president this time, that's all. like maxpower has said, we gave bush a chance and look where we wound up. i'm not happy with it, so i'm going to ask the electors that we give kerry a chance.

i would have been very happy with gore.

~ dan ~
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
1
0
jstager said:
He did counter, what VOR does is keep all of us INFORMED on these forums. He waits for people to respond, then he dicusses more. I see NO evidence of him not countering with that statement. The second post he did was cut and paste, but he was simply restating quotes. Clearly he has read them and is using them as an aid to help win his argument. Why don't you ever do that? Oh, I know why, there is nothing truly positive about what you think. Argue like a man and stop whining about everything, whilst NEVER backing up anything you say. Are you dyslexic, or are you just sheepish?

It's also quite clear that he READS the story before he cut and pastes it. Just because liberals are better informed most of the time doesn't mean that you have to get all ignorant and defensive about it. I have a great idea. Instead of just insulting our beliefs, why don't you just PROVE what you are saying. I dare ya. Go on the internet and try to post something intellectual for once. Have you tried thinking? It's good for your brain.
Thank you Jstager. Unfortunately, GottaHurt doesn't understand the basics of creating, and supporting an argument. I can't blame it on the public school system, because I am a product of such.

I'm thinking it maybe one of those hospital mixups where they were supposed to take out his tonsils, but did a lobotomy instead...
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,951
0
0
vor said:
I'm thinking it maybe one of those hospital mixups where they were supposed to take out his tonsils, but did a labotomy instead...
it was a nice retort, until you said "maybe they took the lab out instead."

LOBOTOMY. as in 'frontal lobe' of the brain.
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,886
0
0
voiceofreason said:
Thank you Jstager. Unfortunately, GottaHurt doesn't understand the basics of creating, and supporting an argument. I can't blame it on the public school system, because I am a product of such.

I'm thinking it maybe one of those hospital mixups where they were supposed to take out his tonsils, but did a lobotomy instead...
morelos said:
ok yeah it was still a nice retort.
Ya think? Sounds like some kid repeating what he's daddy says that the dinner table to me. It's almost clever, but missing something.
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,951
0
0
broken said:
Ya think? Sounds like some kid repeating what he's daddy says that the dinner table to me. It's almost clever, but missing something.
i think it was original, actually. in thinking about it, i've identified what it's missing: a point.

maybe the problem is that it's not typical of vor to be like that, and upon stepping so far out of character as to flame pointlessly, failure is imminent for ol' vor?

~ dan ~
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
jstager said:
He did counter, what VOR does is keep all of us INFORMED on these forums.
just a thought... instead of waiting for one member of a website to inform you on important issues... you go out and research the issues yourself... look at both sides... then decide... unless you are making a "Life According to VOR" book..

personally I think that the nat'l sales tax idea is interesting... maybe coupled with a low flat income tax... closing up loopholes on purchases made accross state lines and abroad... just an idea to kick around...
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,886
0
0
DanGeo23 said:
just a thought... instead of waiting for one member of a website to inform you on important issues... you go out and research the issues yourself... look at both sides... then decide... unless you are making a "Life According to VOR" book..

personally I think that the nat'l sales tax idea is interesting... maybe coupled with a low flat income tax... closing up loopholes on purchases made accross state lines and abroad... just an idea to kick around...
You can't cut and paste that, silly DanGeo
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
1
0
DanGeo23 said:
just a thought... instead of waiting for one member of a website to inform you on important issues... you go out and research the issues yourself... look at both sides... then decide... unless you are making a "Life According to VOR" book..

personally I think that the nat'l sales tax idea is interesting... maybe coupled with a low flat income tax... closing up loopholes on purchases made accross state lines and abroad... just an idea to kick around...
Who are you kiddin' - you love the book of VOR, that's where you learn new things...
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,852
5,087
537
As I've already said in 2 threads in this particular forum already, let's lay off the personal shit folks. The issues debated here are quite good, and there's several really great threads here that offer alot to the reader. However I'm tired of seeing several of them degrade into bullshit. Fix it.