WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush bails

Pachyderm

I really did.
"Bush said he would not accept the NAACP's invitation to address it because the groups members have persistantly critisized administrations tax and social policies that they have said hurt black Americans.

If Bush is not speaking because he was critisized on such topics, would he be speaking anywhere? The whole point of speaking in front of someone who disagrees with you is to make them agree with you by telling them why such plans are good for that specific group of people. It seems like he is picking and choosing his America by appealing to only the wealthy American, but saving face by helping SOME minority business owners and home owners.
I can't wait to see a debate between John Kerry and George Bush, I feel it's going to be hard for someone to keep a straight face.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Pachyderm said:
"Bush said he would not accept the NAACP's invitation to address it because the groups members have persistantly critisized administrations tax and social policies that they have said hurt black Americans.

If Bush is not speaking because he was critisized on such topics, would he be speaking anywhere? The whole point of speaking in front of someone who disagrees with you is to make them agree with you by telling them why such plans are good for that specific group of people. It seems like he is picking and choosing his America by appealing to only the wealthy American, but saving face by helping SOME minority business owners and home owners.
I can't wait to see a debate between John Kerry and George Bush, I feel it's going to be hard for someone to keep a straight face.

The best part about this story is that Kerry DID speak..

"In a speech to the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Kerry chided Bush for promoting "narrow values" and policies that he said tolerate racial and economic inequalities in U.S. society."

OK, there is a bit of pandering going on(surprise) here, but Bush just left the door open.

Not meeting with the NAACP in an election year is a complete screw-up...

Pachyderm

I really did.
voiceofreason said:
The best part about this story is that Kerry DID speak..

"In a speech to the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Kerry chided Bush for promoting "narrow values" and policies that he said tolerate racial and economic inequalities in U.S. society."

OK, there is a bit of pandering going on(surprise) here, but Bush just left the door open.

Not meeting with the NAACP in an election year is a complete screw-up...
ah well, wasn't it like 9-1 blacks voted for Bush last year? Maybe he thinks he doesn't need it....think again Bush.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Pachyderm said:
ah well, wasn't it like 9-1 blacks voted for Bush last year? Maybe he thinks he doesn't need it....think again Bush.
your logic is flawed... bush doesnt think.

tzedek

Original Member
well seeing as how in 2000 over a million black votes werent counted i think dubya isnt too worried about the black voice anyway...

morelos

lexicon incognito
pachyderm said:
yes, just about EXACTLY 9-1 = 8 blacks voted for bush.