WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush calls for immediate U.N. session on Syria

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Report implicates Syria in death of Lebanese prime minister
"The report strongly suggests that the politically motivated assassination could not have taken place without Syrian involvement," Bush said after helping dedicate a new pavilion at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Southern California.
The U.N. investigative report, which Bush called "deeply disturbing," established a link between high-ranking Syrian officials and their Lebanese allies in Hariri's murder February 14 in Beirut.
Earlier Friday, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said she was deeply troubled by the U.N. report. She said the international community must find a way to hold Syrian authorities accountable.
Rice spoke to reporters in Birmingham, Alabama, after the release of a report by U.N. investigator Detlev Mehlis that established a clear link between Syrian officials and their Lebanese allies to the assassination.
LINK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
You know what that son of a bitch is doing? He's setting himself up for another war...

R

RedOctober

Well... After the defeat of Iraq, Syria and Iran will be a piece of cake!
After all it's just a giant heep of sand with some camels in it.

Go Yankees, Go!!!

And it's one, two, three,
what are we fightin' for,
don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
the next stop is ................

:soldier:
Where the hell is the next stop?!
Hé Johnny, they changed the marching route again,
those GOP SOB's! :woot:

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Next stop: Vietnam! We have some unfinished business! ;)

Oh, suddenly the Bush adminstration cares about what the UN says.

"International law...would have required us to leave Saddam Hussein alone."
--Richard Perle, Iraq war mastermind

The next thing you know, Rice and Bush are going to be quoting Jacques Chirac!

jamesp

In Memory...
Not to mention that if the United Nations is miffed at Syria, well, that would make a 'police action' that much more justified, if you can call it that.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
in the opinion of the hawks syria makes a good land grab by the usa/allies for at least two reasons, it would help stop the flow of a lot of insurgents and arms into iraq, and it would enable a link for iraq to the mediterranean sea..

and i'm sure israel has some designs on lebanon.

yeah, i could see this flaring up.. :thumbsdn:

jamesp

In Memory...
Sure it would hinder a lot of insurgents trying to get to Iraq, but then they would only have to get to Syria.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
now that's my logic..

why aren't we in charge?

jamesp

In Memory...
We will be....whenever I can get in touch with five hundred-thousand of my closest friends and get them to revolt with me. C'mon people, that 2nd Ammendment isn't there to protect our right to hunt. :gun:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
qwertyuiop said:
Oh, suddenly the Bush adminstration cares about what the UN says.

"International law...would have required us to leave Saddam Hussein alone."
--Richard Perle, Iraq war mastermind

The next thing you know, Rice and Bush are going to be quoting Jacques Chirac!
Only if it would help their goals, they're corporate types. They'll say anything to accomplish what they want, they'll use any rule as written or if need be they'll change or ignore it. It's easy to be Evil.