WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush, Congress Set to Act in Right-To-Die Case

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush cut short a vacation to return to Washington and be ready to sign a bill that may keep a brain-damaged woman alive, in a case pitting Christian conservatives against right-to-die activists.

In a rare Sunday session, the U.S. House of Representatives was to debate a deal aimed at pushing the Florida case into federal court and restoring the feeding tube that has kept Terri Schiavo alive for the past 15 years.
"The president intends to sign legislation as quickly as possible once it is passed," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said. "This is about defending life."

A deal on the bill, which could be approved by Monday, was forged on Saturday, 24 hours after doctors removed the 41-year-old woman's feeding tube under a Florida court order.

Bush was to return to Washington from a break at his Texas ranch.

Schiavo's husband and legal guardian, Michael Schiavo, has long argued -- and has been supported by the courts -- that his wife would not have wanted to live in such a condition.

He accused Congress of political opportunism and "trampling all over a personal family matter that has been adjudicated in these courts for seven years."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What say does George Bush or Congress have in this matter?

Are they going to be sitting at her bedside watching her deteriorate for the next 20 years? Fuck no!

This should be decided by the family, period.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Ummm... the family doesn't agree genius. Mom and Pops are fighting for the tube to stay in. Hubby wants it out.

You know what's funny? Bush said he's for a culture of life yet he's for the death penalty. :rotflmao: And he said that god tells him what to do. I wonder when Jesus started supporting the death penalty? :rofl:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
brainwashmonkey said:
Ummm... the family doesn't agree genius. Mom and Pops are fighting for the tube to stay in. Hubby wants it out.
So, whenever families don't agree, the President of the US & Congress step in?

Is that right genius?

Let me tell you how it went,
Bush: Hello.
Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell (insert your favorite religious fanatic here): George, you need to do something about this case in FLA.
Bush: I'm on it.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Your first solution was to let the family sort it out.

I was just pointing out how utterly retarded it was for you to say that.

Just as it is retarded to say the government shouldn't do something that the "people" care about. Politicians remember what got them into office, and know what's going to keep them there. Retarded or not.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
brainwashmonkey said:
Your first solution was to let the family sort it out.

I was just pointing out how utterly retarded it was for you to say that.

Just as it is retarded to say the government shouldn't do something that the "people" care about. Politicians remember what got them into office, and know what's going to keep them there. Retarded or not.
With the help of the Florida Courts...Duh...