WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Defends Decision to Invade Iraq

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. - President Bush defended his decision to invade Iraq even as he conceded on Monday that investigators had not found the weapons of mass destruction that he had warned the country possessed.

Allowing Iraq to possibly transfer weapons capability to terrorists was not a risk he was willing to take, Bush said.

"Although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq," Bush said after inspecting a display of nuclear weapons parts and equipment, including assembled gas centrifuges for uranium enrichment, from Libya.
The hardware was shipped here in March as part of an agreement with Moammar Gadhafi to end his country's nuclear weapons program. (HMMMM, wonder if we gave them any money?)

"We removed a declared enemy of America who had the capability of producing weapons of mass murder and could have passed that capability to terrorists bent on acquiring them. In the world after September 11th, that was a risk we could not afford to take," Bush said.

What the Fuck is this guy talking about? In one sentance he "finally" admits there were no WMD's, in the next sentance he says we couldn't risk "weapons of mass murder" being passed on to terrorists.

What the hell are "weapons of mass murder" (NEW DOUBLESPEAK ALERT!), does he mean guns? Who is telling him what to say? He sounds like a complete jackass.

Does he think the dog & pony show of inspecting nuclear weapons parts and equipment from Libya is going to fool anyone?

If I ever start to sound as confused and pathetic as our "Commander & Cheif", somebody please come and kill me...

Pachyderm

I really did.
I read that too...I don't understand him, but I think that's his point. If no one understands him and he says words like Mass or murder or destruction (which is basically all he wants us to here). We connote these things to mean bad, horrible, terrible..threats...USA...me...in danger. So we don't understand the other shit he says and than we start to think we're in danger or we could have been in danger. (oh he must have saved our lives ('snot working Bush)
The next speech the president has, I think he should just say the key words he wants us to hear like "Destruction Threat Danger Terror" Maybe then, with a limitted vocabulary we wouldn't hear as many bushism like "misunderestimate" and "Obviously, I pray every day there's less casualty." WTF Bush?

tzedek

Original Member
Now that they didnt find any WMDs they have to make up a new term. Weapons of Mass Murder includes a lot more things.... like guns as VOR said or knives. Hell that could include shovels too.

magnolia

Postaholic
Bush is a politician. He lies, and fenaggles, and cries wolf to get his way. That's the nature of a politician. He and his administration are fucked big time unless they can undo 4 yrs. of propaganda, government lies and coverpus, and pigheadedness.

morelos

lexicon incognito
tzedek said:
Now that they didnt find any WMDs they have to make up a new term. Weapons of Mass Murder includes a lot more things.... like guns as VOR said or knives. Hell that could include shovels too.
i wish i could find a link about the kuwaiti customs office stopping a "red cross" labelled truck that was on its way into iraq carrying weapons-grade uranium.

Pachyderm

I really did.
What kind of government should we have?

It seems as though everybody hates our government (with good reason). There seems there is no other form of government that any American would all-the-way like. Maybe we should split up into provinces and each would have a president that had different beliefs. Provinces would be conservative republican, liberal republican, conservative democrat, liberal democrat, and independant. But then there would be territory battles...and probably a lot of people wouldn't be into breaking up America...But I think it could work..Maybe.

morelos

lexicon incognito
pachyderm, you missed my big thing about where to draw the line.

:D

also, if we had either a republican or a democrat in office, i'd be more happy.

~ dan ~

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Do people really believe that Iraq never had WMDs... it is scarier to me that we don't know where they went...

morelos

lexicon incognito
dangeo23 said:
Do people really believe that Iraq never had WMDs... it is scarier to me that we don't know where they went...
i find it scary to know that we, the only country ever to use a nuclear weapon (talk about mass destruction) on an enemy power, are the ones with the biggest stockpile of WMDs and that we seem to be OK with disallowing anyone ELSE to have them.

~ dan ~

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I guess the rest of the world is lucky that we have had some of the leadership that we have had.... I don't believe that there has ever been a group/country with sooo much power that has used it sooo sparingly...

morelos

lexicon incognito
dangeo23 said:
I guess the rest of the world is lucky that we have had some of the leadership that we have had.... I don't believe that there has ever been a group/country with sooo much power that has used it sooo sparingly...
the moors ran the entire civilized world (apart from china) for a number of centuries. they exported the basics of civilization to europe, and had a peaceful, religiously- and ethnically-tolerant nation where what we call spain lies today.

and you're just closing your eyes if you think american power is being used sparingly.

or do you mean "military might?"

oops, not that either; we have a military presence in kuwait, iran, pakistan, india, cuba, guam, panama, korea, vietnam...

we use our power day after day to keep others poorer for our benefit.

~ dan ~

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
what exactly were they tolerant of... not of other religions.. If I remember correctly they allowed other religions to live amungst them but they had to pay special taxes to the Moors and wear clothing identifying them as Islamic... or something like that... I still believe that anyother 'civilization' with power used that power to a fault to expand their empires... which we do not.. I know U will agian site places in the world that we have soldiers but the people of those nations do not live under our flag... they do not live under our rules..

Pachyderm

I really did.
I was just being imaginative. I really couldn't think of any other system of government than this, just different leaders, but that will be with every leader...this is the worst president in history though.

tzedek

Original Member
morelos said:
i find it scary to know that we, the only country ever to use a nuclear weapon (talk about mass destruction) on an enemy power, are the ones with the biggest stockpile of WMDs and that we seem to be OK with disallowing anyone ELSE to have them.

~ dan ~
wow and i thought i was the only person that cared about that. More than 1/4 if a million people died that day...

morelos

lexicon incognito
zedek - some people are "dumb." some of us are lucky enough to be "less dumb." that's where i would put you, me, canuck, maxpower, and vor. "less dumb."

~ dan ~

Offalittle

Window Washer
morelos said:
guy's name is dan; i have to like him.

~ dan ~

My name is Dan, do you like me? Please like me, I need approval from strangers to make me feel better about myself.

Oh and so as not to kill the thread.

Killing people we don't know for a cause we do not fully understand is what we are best at. It will make it much easier to facilitate the process if you stopped thinking for yourself and just followed blindly. The Bush Administration has done all the thinking for you, please don't attempt to do any of your own.

There will not be time for questions.

Move along please.

Evil Eye

Flame Bait
Most of the great nations of this world are fucked. America is lead by some pre-school drop out who wants to save the world from a none existant threat. Britain has some big ear'd twit that only cares bout the "special realtionship" between us and the USA. Everyone else dont give Jack what happens as long as it dont involve them. Almost all the leaders nowdays have lied and Bullshitted them selfs into Power. For What?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Evil Eye said:
Most of the great nations of this world are fucked. America is lead by some pre-school drop out who wants to save the world from a none existant threat. Britain has some big ear'd twit that only cares bout the "special realtionship" between us and the USA. Everyone else dont give Jack what happens as long as it dont involve them. Almost all the leaders nowdays have lied and Bullshitted them selfs into Power. For What?
I think you could go all the way back to the first caveman who said "UGH" (I'm in charge) and find they often lie.

People lie for power and money...