WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Flip-flops

morelos

lexicon incognito
from http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,6119,2-10-1462_1560764,00.html

can be verified on www.nytimes.com, www.cnn.com, news.bbc.co.uk.

US President bush said:
"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind."
US President bush said:
"I want to be the 'peace president... After four more in this office, I want people to look back and say, the world is a more peaceful place. America is a safer country."
~ dan ~

Pachyderm

I really did.
This one made me lol.

He also said that the Taliban's refusal to hand over Osama bin Laden and members of his al-Qaeda terrorist network after the September 11, 2001 attacks left him no choice but to wage war to oust the Islamist militia.
Is this why he let all the Bin Ladens go on 9/11? Or was that the stategery planned by Afghanistan and the Taliban too? I don't know, I am not quite sure, but there might be something else going on here, I could be wrong. Who knows? Not me.

It's kinda late, I will post something more intelligent later.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
These are not bush words. they are pre written for him by his advisors, who I am sure are in the pay of more insidious factions than the presidency.

Besides, he is to dumb to spell those big words.

Pachyderm said:
This one made me lol.

Is this why he let all the Bin Ladens go on 9/11?

Kinda doubt that /\

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Pachyderm said:
This one made me lol.

He also said that the Taliban's refusal to hand over Osama bin Laden and members of his al-Qaeda terrorist network after the September 11, 2001 attacks left him no choice but to wage war to oust the Islamist militia.
Is this why he let all the Bin Ladens go on 9/11? Or was that the stategery planned by Afghanistan and the Taliban too? I don't know, I am not quite sure, but there might be something else going on here, I could be wrong. Who knows? Not me.

I believe that Richard Clarke was the one that let them go...

Offalittle

Window Washer

morelos

lexicon incognito
offalittle said:
Could it be that what he wants to be and what he HAS to be are two different things.

Example, I don't want to make someone lose their job but often times I HAVE to fire people. Sometimes people force our actions through their own.

Just a thought.
now here you've raised a very good point.

bush did say "i AM a war president."

and bush did say "i WANT TO BE the peace president."

so they are not mutually exclusive. while posting this i went through every online resource i could to try and find an incident of him saying "I AM [or AM GOING TO BE] THE PEACE PRESIDENT."

i would say this, though: were he to have intended a difference, i would have expected him to reference his previous statement (which was heard everywhere in america) and say ",while i -was- a war president, i never -wanted- to be one," or at least something along those lines.

unfortunately, i thikn he just wants the public to believe his new statement without questioning it, and i think it will fly.

but you do have a good point, which greatly weakens the strength of my original comment.

~ dan ~

mind you, though, that bush is incapable of thought that complex and therefore COULD NOT POSSIBLY have consciously differentiated between the two :p