WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush: Iraq Invasion My Responsibility

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON - President Bush said Wednesday the responsibility for invading Iraq based in part on faulty weapons intelligence rested solely with him, taking on the issue in his most direct and personal terms in the 1,000-plus days since the war's first shots.

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong," Bush said. "As president, I'm responsible for the decision to go into Iraq."
The president's mea culpa was accompanied by a robust defense of the divisive war.
"Saddam was a threat — and the American people and the world is better off because he is no longer in power," Bush declared, as he has before.
Democrats were not moved by Bush's speech, the last of four designed to boost his credibility on the war and the public's backing for it.
"There was no reason for America to go to war when we did, the way we did, and for the false reasons we were given," said Sen. Edward Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), D-Mass.
Bush offered few qualms about the failure to find any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. He said foreign intelligence agencies — including several for governments who didn't back his decision to invade — also believed before the war that Saddam Hussein possessed them. And he said his administration has begun making changes to the U.S. intelligence apparatus to head off future errors.
The president also contended the Iraqi president had intended to restart weapons programs.
LINK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
mea culpa my ass. What about the 10,000's of dead people?

Didn't mention them....

well...at least he was...half-way..honest?

i still think he's a fuckup, this isn't gonna change his approval ratings.

vIoLeNcE0969

Sir.vIoLeNcE
"Saddam was a threat — and the American people and the world is better off because he is no longer in power," Bush declared, as he has before.
well ill agree with him there.

well at least he admits that he fucked up, and should have waited.

Ropel

Some random Guy
Who the hell reelected him anyways? If you did, smack yourself, one and all. :bs:

Clayburns0

Smoke em if you got em
Oils well, that ends well

give me a break Bush. everytime I see this guy I want to sing the Kit-Kat song. Hussein was a huge dick-head yes, but if that is the case then shouldn't we be in Africa as well?? my opinion is that we should have been investing all of our man power into chasing down the real terrorist that hit us on 9-11...the fucking taliban in afghanistan..hey that sort of rhymes in a spooky sort of way..anyways, we all know the real reason for invading iraq right?? TEXAS TEA, BLACK GOLD, FUCKING OIL. i don't know about ya'll but i really hate being lied to..especiallyby the person who is supposed to be running my country in my best interest. be a man, dick-lick, and tell the mothers that their son's/daughter's died for a noble cause, so you could have a little bit of extra cash in your pocket when your SECONDterm is up and oh yeah..here's $50,000 for your kid's loyal services. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!! :mfinger:

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
george bush deserves to be shot. fucking idiots reelected him. Just shows how many dumb people are living here

R

RedOctober

Well.. He's responsible.. The president is allways responsible, that's the way it goes. Even if the president is a dumbass like Dubya, that has been tricked into something like the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I remember a conversation on usenet 2 months after the WTC attack.
Some Californian guy was pissed on Saddam Hussein, and wrote the American's should punish Saddam.
When I asked why, he sent me a few emails to explain it.
The key point was, that Dubya wasn't interested in Saddam Hussein, but the Neoconservatives wanted to kick his ass.
The guy was an environmentalist, who also had a grudge against Saddam because of the oilfields being burnt at the end of the Gulf War.
So we have strange allies.. The green guys because of the pollution, and the neocon guys because of the oil spillage..

This shows that for some reason, Dubya must have switched tactics at some point in time. I think it was because of the neocons.
They are really responsible. Dubya is just a jackass, who failed completely with his cheap tricks to fool the United Nations.

It's those lies that people are mad about. Most people don't give a fuck what is happening in Iraq anyway. The best option is to devide the country in 3 parts, and let them fight it out till the last man dies. :flamed:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
dull_bullet said:
i still think he's a fuckup, this isn't gonna change his approval ratings.
Actually, if I remember correctly, his approval ratings are up 4% to 42% overall. 50% of Americans think we were correct in going into Iraq, 42% think it was a mistake. I may have the numbers slightly skewed, but you get the picture. This was a CNN poll.

R

RedOctober

tbsrk said:
Actually, if I remember correctly, his approval ratings are up 4% to 42% overall. 50% of Americans think we were correct in going into Iraq, 42% think it was a mistake. I may have the numbers slightly skewed, but you get the picture. This was a CNN poll.

Oh... What are you good in manipulating poll figures!

It's an idiocy from the neoconservatives to invade Iraq, they don't have a clue about American soldiers sent abroad either!!

I'll show you some quotes:

Quotes from some well known people when Pres. Bill Clinton committed
our soldiers to Bosnia.

"You can support the troops but not the president."
--Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're
going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."
--Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may
come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their
life?"
--Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might
on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He
has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has
not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from
home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."
--Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the
administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign
>policy."
--Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they
have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."
--Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of George W Bush

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I
didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."
--Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it
is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just
learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very
vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these
questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement.
There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There
is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program.
There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no
explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was
no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there
still is no plan today"
--Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to
explain to us what the exit strategy is."
--Governor George W. Bush (R-TX) 4/99

Bush, 6/99 - "I think it's also important for the president to lay out
a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be
withdrawn."

"And now the liberals want to stop President Reagan from selling
chemical warfare agents and military equipment to Saddam Hussein,
and why? Because Saddam 'allegedly' gassed a few Kurds in his own
country. Mark my words. All of this talk of Saddam Hussein being a war
criminal' or 'committing crimes against humanity' is the same old
thing. LIBERAL HATE SPEECH! And speaking of poison gas . . . I SAY
WE ROUND UP ALL THE DRUG ADDICTS AND GAS THEM."

--Rush Limbaugh, Nov. 3, 1988

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tbsrk said:
You mean the same dumbasses who re-elected him can't figure out he fucked up even when he admits it...that % ?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
this is info I knew before the war started... I already knew the documents were falsified... The so called intelegence was bullshit.. The part bush is leaving out is he directed the the reports to be falsified. But remember the president can never be wrong...

dookie said:
some country should invade america for a change
actually now that this is out of the bag that we lied to invade iraq.. no matter the positive outcome... no country will ever trust america totally again. Also should we get another president like bush we likely will be invaded or sanctioned against. Remember this.. The UN was founded under direction of the united states as a forum for all nations to decide as a whole in a democratic setting the direction of world politics. The very basis of that foundation was violated by america when we told the other nations that America will invade iraq no matter what they say and if they aren't with us, they are against us.. Bush's words... America is the new tyrant power and what makes it worse is we got the best tech...

One day america will be put out of the UN and sanctioned and eventually invaded...

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
RedOctober said:
Oh... What are you good in manipulating poll figures!
I wasnt supporting, rejecting, or manipulating anything you nitwit. I merely said what I'd seen on CNN. Nice quotes, though, although Hannity is a moron, and Trent Lott is a weiner.

Janglenut

Particinator
Let's all Bush bash with no real evidence to support it but claims that he wanted to invade just to get oil when he already spent more money then what he would gain in his campaign alone!!!!

Look at the figures before you jump on conclusions or the bandwagon.

R

RedOctober

tbsrk said:
I wasnt supporting, rejecting, or manipulating anything you nitwit. I merely said what I'd seen on CNN. Nice quotes, though, although Hannity is a moron, and Trent Lott is a weiner.
O sorry, I didn't expect you being cross about it.. :redface:

CNN is just part of the system, and they bring modified polls to keep the left side of the country calm.
That's the way they sell things nowadays. CNN and Fox is the same bullshit in a different package.

Just like you're buying the same Coffee in two different packages.
The lefties drink SoAndSo and the rednecks drink AssPiss.

But the coffee comes from Skull & Bones Inc.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral

Same Old Bush, what a sad, sad president. Is the world really that much better off since the US conquered Iraq? Last time I checked, the invasion caused more terrorism than there ever was before. Iraq is a bloodbath, and the war is supposed to be over since 2003. By attacking a muslim country - ironically, in the name of the war against terrorism - the Bush administration actually helped the Jihad movement. Think about that for a few seconds.

I guess recruiting kids for terror acts is made easier when they've lost their family after an pre-emptive air strike was ordered on their neighbor. Wait, a pre-emptive strike leads to a terrorist attack? Ooooh, the irony*.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Janglenut said:
Let's all Bush bash with no real evidence to support it but claims that he wanted to invade just to get oil when he already spent more money then what he would gain in his campaign alone!!!!

Look at the figures before you jump on conclusions or the bandwagon.
Let's all bash Bush bashers with no real idea of what's going on outside our warm and comfy little property. How about you reply to the post I just posted and tell me if you think that the war caused more terrorism or not. If you say the war reduced terrorism, you need intensive re-education.

R

RedOctober

Well guys..

I sometimes look at the Newsgroup news://alt.binaries.pictures.military

Sometimes horrifying pictures show up there, how so called "Iraqi terrorists" get their head blown off.

It shows how the war in Iraq looks like.

Cold blooded murder. The Iraqi suckers have no chance at all.

I think it's better I don't show this stuff over here.

------

Imagine Iraq invaded the USA, and you're trying to defend your own town with a simple AK45.
Or an RPG.
You're fighting against guys with the heavy stuff.
Not the ammo that is certified by the Convention of Geneva.
No, the stuff with the black tips.
Insiders know what that is.

In world war 2 the nazi's used dum dum bullets.
They also blow a man's head to pieces.
It is considered as a war crime to use them.

Be proud on your American sons and daughters that are murdering those poor basterds over there!
:thumbsdn:

The only thing that really worries me, is that this NG shows things that will really enrage the entire muslim world. It shows American forces don't have respect at all for muslims, even if they are dead. A very serious mistake!