WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Military Records "Inadvertently Destroyed"

morelos

lexicon incognito
from http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news...45031861.htm&sc=rontz&photoid=20040707MISW108

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Pentagon says military records related to President Bush's service in the National Guard more than 30 years ago were inadvertently destroyed, The New York Times reported on Friday.

Payroll records of "numerous service members," including Bush, were ruined in 1996 and 1997 during a project to salvage deteriorating microfilm by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, the newspaper said, citing the Pentagon.

Bush's whereabouts during his service in the National Guard during the Vietnam War have become an election-year issue, with some Democrats accusing him of shirking his duty.

The destroyed files cover three months of a period in 1972 and 1973 when Bush's claims of service in Alabama are in question, the newspaper said. No back-up paper copies of the records could be found, the Pentagon said in notices dated June 25, according to the Times.

The loss of the records was announced by the Defense Department's Office of Freedom of Information and Security Review in letters to the Times and other news organizations that for nearly half a year have sought Bush's complete service file, the newspaper reported.

In February, the White House released hundreds of pages of Bush's military records. Those records did not provide new evidence to place Bush in Alabama during the latter part of 1972, when some Democrats say he was basically absent without leave.

Dan Bartlett, the White House communications director who has said the released records confirmed the president's fulfillment of his National Guard commitment, did not return two calls for a response, the Times said.
How stupid do they think we are?

And How right will they prove to be?

~ dan ~

tzedek

Original Member
wow what a coincidence that the time that is in question also happens to be the part that was "inadvertently destroyed".

:mfinger: GWB

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hey im from Saint Louis mabye I could go check them out?

R

RedOctober

It's the arrogance of power. They just don't care anymore.
It's a sign they believe they can't be stopped.

Take back the flag, or else it will be too late!

Grandpa Bush did the same trick in WWII, he joined the Navy as a pilot, and had to be in the newspapers to cover up the deals with the nazi's his father Prescott Bush was busy with.

morelos

lexicon incognito
redoctober said:
It's the arrogance of power. They just don't care anymore.
It's a sign they believe they can't be stopped.
i think i believe you. and i also think that if they lose the vote OR BELIEVE THEY WILL LOSE THE VOTE, they will fix it or declare emergency and cancel it anyway.

they will use iraq money to go to war with another power. perhaps north korea? perhaps another nation in the middle east? while people starve elsewhere, the US will be sacking poorer nations to feed their strategic location machine. there will be a draft.

my message to everyone of age: when they send you your draft number in the mail, throw it out without even looking at it. don't open it, and when you get a phone call, you say "i never got one of those. wtf are you talking about?"

the second time, you have to open it. just don't show up. if all of us don't show up, they won't be able to do shit about it.

~ dan ~

R

RedOctober

Stell dich vor, es gibt krieg, und keiner geht hin.

That's German.

It means:

Imagine, there's a war and nobody goes there.

But the second meaning is...

Imagine, there's a war and nobody dies.

Ain't it nice to learn other lingo?

morelos

lexicon incognito
red october said:
Ain't it nice to learn other lingo?
fuck the words; i want to absorb the wisdom out of them. the language or 'lingo' is just a vehicle to get it in.

Uber Squirrel

Chipmunk Slayer
morelos said:
fuck the words; i want to absorb the wisdom out of them. the language or 'lingo' is just a vehicle to get it in.
very true, but you also just want to have a better vehicle.

morelos

lexicon incognito
uber squirrel said:
very true, but you also just want to have a better vehicle.
that's true. i would always like a better vehicle.

btw, i don't see ANY of the bush supporters explaining this one, trying to argue the "it really WAS an accident" case...

~ dan ~