WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush: OB-GYNs Kept from 'Practicing Their Love'

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. (Reuters) - President Bush offered an unexpected reason on Monday for cracking down on frivolous medical lawsuits: "Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

The Republican president, long known for verbal and grammatical lapses, included the anecdote about obstetrician gynecologists in his stump speech attacking Democratic presidential rival Sen. John Kerry and his running mate, Sen. John Edwards, a former trial lawyer.

At a rally of cheering supporters in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, Bush made his usual pitch for limiting "frivolous lawsuits" that he said drive up the cost of health care and run doctors out of business.

But then he added, "We've got an issue in America. Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

Unfazed, Bush went on to deride his rivals as "pro-trial lawyer," and concluded, "I think you've got to make a choice. My opponent made his choice, and he put him on the ticket. I made my choice. I'm for medical liability reform now."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And his name is BUSH, you couldn't make this shit up...

OK, is there anyone who doubts that this man is unable to lead this country? When you meet someone who can not speak with screwing it up, is your first thought "THAT guy should be President of the United States!"

Taking pathetic to a new place...

Pachyderm

I really did.
I am not even sure what he meant by that comment.. Perhaps I am not stupid enough to understand it??? Can someone explain???

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
ya I saw that news clip. I was in aw at the new heights of his stupidity.

anti-movielife

self medicated
just add that too the list of bushisms...yo someones gotta get all these down on paper and write a book, if it hasn't been done yet... ;)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'm sure when this is over there will be many books written.
I would think Tom Clancy would have some satirical material in store for us.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Pachyderm said:
I am not even sure what he meant by that comment.. Perhaps I am not stupid enough to understand it??? Can someone explain???
My stab at it would be, that OB-GYNs are kept from practicing their love of medicine, because...

I agree it's a muddled message...

You know his family wakes up each day wondering what's he gonna say today...