WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Picks Judge to Head Homeland Security

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush on Tuesday nominated federal judge Michael Chertoff, a former prosecutor and architect of the anti-terror Patriot Act after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, to become secretary of homeland security.

After the debacle involving the nomination of former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik, who abruptly withdrew from consideration a month ago in the face of some uncomfortable personal revelations, Chertoff, a U.S. appeals court judge in Philadelphia, appeared to be a safe choice.

Bush pointed out Chertoff, 51, has already been confirmed by the Senate three times for previous jobs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The architect of the anti-American Patriot Act as secretary of homeland security - That is just Super!

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
yeah.. the guy that has been confirmed 2wice before for appointments... ... the guy that was the "architect" of the Patriot Act... that all the Libs thought was a good idea and voted for... and now don't like...

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
do you agree with the infringements that the patriot act entails? If not then do you think its a good idea to have the same mind responsible, in a position of such "high" authority

ugh .. don't even start on that patriot act-piece-of-shit .. watch fahrenheit 9/11 .. even though I dislike Michael Moore .. he's completely right about the patriot act

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I believe that the Patriot Act has its problems... so some things need to be tweaked... but we as Americans whine about our civil liberties being infringed upon.. but I would rather get strip searched every time I get on a plane rather than have another "9-11" happen... I strongly support how the Patriot Act allows law enforcement to be able to enter houses of worship... churches... mosques... I approve of the improved communication between agencies... less of the this isn't our problem this is the <insert agencies>'s problem... as a whole I support less government intervention in our lives... however.. when it comes to our saftey and our ability to conduct our lives in a safer environment then I support it...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
I believe that the Patriot Act has its problems... so some things need to be tweaked... but we as Americans whine about our civil liberties being infringed upon.. but I would rather get strip searched every time I get on a plane rather than have another "9-11" happen... I strongly support how the Patriot Act allows law enforcement to be able to enter houses of worship... churches... mosques... I approve of the improved communication between agencies... less of the this isn't our problem this is the <insert agencies>'s problem... as a whole I support less government intervention in our lives... however.. when it comes to our saftey and our ability to conduct our lives in a safer environment then I support it...
I'll bet it hasn't slowed down the "terrorists" one bit, it's just beating the shit out of your rights. But you'll bend-over, right? Anything for George...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
you Libs woulda bitched no matter what... it either woulda been too much or not enough... in order for the Dems to gain any of the control they once had back, they must disagree with and chastise Rep/Bush decisions... if they agree with anything that is done, or don't publicly denounce it, then they must approve... Americans will think its ok.. and why would Americans vote for them (Dems) if things are working under Republicans...
What a bad place to be in.. Dems smile when bad news is reported, someone loses a job.... a soldiers life is lost.. cause they feel closer to regaining power