WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Says al-Qaida Threat Won't Deter U.S.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,186
0
0
#1
CRAWFORD, Texas - President Bush said Thursday that videotape threats from al-Qaida's second-in-command will not drive the United States out of Iraq or the broader Middle East.

"We will stay on the offense against these people," Bush said of the comments by Ayman al-Zawahri.

Al-Zawahri threatened more destruction in London and said in a videotape earlier Thursday that the United States would suffer tens of thousands of military dead if it does not withdraw from Iraq.

"They're terrorists and they're killers and they will kill innocent people...so they can impose their dark vision on the world," Bush said as he stood alongside Colombian President Alvaro Uribe.

Their talks at Bush's ranch focused heavily on terrorism and the problem of narcotics trafficking.

Uribe said that both he and Bush consider the war against international terrorism a top priority of both their countries.

"The great enemy of Colombian democracy is terrorism...and our great partner in defeating it has been the government and people of the United States," Uribe said. "U.S. cooperation has been exemplary. It has gone beyond rhetoric. ... All democratic countries should know that."

Bush vowed continued U.S. aid to help Colombia fight narco-terrorism, and to enhance its economy and its economic institutions. "America will continue to stand with the people of Colombia," he said.

Uribe said more U.S. support was important and thanked Bush for seeking more aid from Congress.

"We cannot leave this task half finished," he said.

Bush also paid tribute to Marines who died over the past few days in bombings in Iraq, including a community from near Columbus, Ohio, which suffered heavy losses.

He said that the community of Brook Park "suffered mightily over the last couple of days."

"I hope they can take comfort in the fact that millions of their fellow citizens pray for them," he said.

During a question and answer session with reporters, Bush was asked about al-Zawahri's videotaped warnings.

"The comments of the No. 2 man of al-Qaida make it clear that Iraq is part of this war on terror, and we're at war," Bush said.

"As I have told the American people, people like Zawahri have an ideology that is dark, dim, backwards," the president said. "They don't trust, they don't appreciate women. If you don't agree to their narrow view of religion, you're whipped in the public square."

Bush said that al-Zawahri "was a part of the team that attacked us on Sept. 11, 2001."

"Part of their goal is to drive us out of the broader Middle East: precisely what this Zawahiri said. He's threatening. They have come up against a nation that, one, will defend itself," Bush said.

"We will stay the course. We will complete the job in Iraq," he added.

After the news conference, Bush and Uribe toured the ranch in Bush's white pickup truck — a pastime that Bush likes to call "windshield ranching."
Source

"they're killers and they will kill innocent people...so they can impose their dark vision on the world,"

Sounds like we are terrorists as well! :thumbsdn:
 
685
0
0
#2
ChilianFuckFace said:
Source

"they're killers and they will kill innocent people...so they can impose their dark vision on the world,"

Sounds like we are terrorists as well! :thumbsdn:

Nicely done. But right, wrong, or indifferent, he's got a point. It's a shitty fact of life, but if we tuck tail and run because we get threatened, then what credibility do we have? Coz, after all, the only credibility we DO have in the international community is that we'll kick your ass if you fuck around and piss us off. Take that away, and what happens to our bargaining power? LOL
 
21
0
0
#3
In some way this is bushes fault too if you think about it.He thinks what his father would do.Why do you think al-Qaida attacked because unfinished business.
 

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
5,438
87
142
#4
ChilianFuckFace said:
"they're killers and they will kill innocent people...so they can impose their dark vision on the world,"

Sounds like we are terrorists as well! :thumbsdn:
I said that like 40 threads ago.. The difference between a terrorist and a patriot is good propaganda...
 

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,186
0
0
#5
Darklight said:
I said that like 40 threads ago.. The difference between a terrorist and a patriot is good propaganda...
I probably didnt read your last 40 threads. But I totally AGREE with you!
 
1,723
90
112
#6
FlipTheState said:
Nicely done. But right, wrong, or indifferent, he's got a point. It's a shitty fact of life, but if we tuck tail and run because we get threatened, then what credibility do we have? Coz, after all, the only credibility we DO have in the international community is that we'll kick your ass if you fuck around and piss us off. Take that away, and what happens to our bargaining power? LOL
What's really sad is that you don't even have that credibility anymore, case in point, North Korea. They must be seriously pissing you off, getting the fucking bomb, but you aren't kicking their ass, not even threatening it. Same goes for Iran.
 
685
0
0
#7
canadian_pov said:
What's really sad is that you don't even have that credibility anymore, case in point, North Korea. They must be seriously pissing you off, getting the fucking bomb, but you aren't kicking their ass, not even threatening it. Same goes for Iran.
Not sure they're pissing the ol' US off that much. Not between Iraq and the GTA: San Andreas scandal. I mean, we obviously have much more important stuff going on in our lives! :)
Really, I don't think it's gotten to that point with either NK or Iran...and hopefully it won't. NK has the bomb but not enough money to get it here, and Iran actually wants to work with us..to an extent.
 
1,723
90
112
#8
FlipTheState said:
Not sure they're pissing the ol' US off that much. Not between Iraq and the GTA: San Andreas scandal. I mean, we obviously have much more important stuff going on in our lives! :)
Really, I don't think it's gotten to that point with either NK or Iran...and hopefully it won't. NK has the bomb but not enough money to get it here, and Iran actually wants to work with us..to an extent.
Iran just said they are tired of negotioating and restarted their nuclear program.