WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Signs Bill With $25B More for Wars

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON - President Bush signed a $417.5 billion wartime defense bill Thursday providing an additional $25 billion for Iraq and Afghanistan, body armor for troops and reinforced Humvee vehicles.

"With this legislation America's military will know that their country stands behind them as they fight for our freedom and as they spread the peace," Bush said.

"No enemy or friend can doubt that America has the resources to prevail," he said. "And we will."

Overwhelmingly approved by a Congress eager to show election-year support for the military, the measure includes money for 39 more Army Black Hawk helicopters, a Virginia-class attack submarine, three guided-missile destroyers and a 3.5 percent pay increase for troops. "This money is well-earned, well-deserved and well-spent," he said of the pay increase.

With national security the top issue in his re-election campaign, Bush came off the political trail for the bill-signing ceremony with Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and members of Congress. With the ink on the measure barely dry, Bush was returning to the campaign trail for his 20th trip as president to Ohio.

Bush had originally insisted that no extra funds would be needed for Iraq and Afghanistan until after the elections but under pressure from Congress, he requested $25 billion. He said the two countries were "the front lines in the war on terror."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a classic "fight for our freedom and as they spread the peace" - bunch of crap

Yeah, let's just give it away ! What the fuck, who cares about the future.

Irresponsible ASSHOLE...

Cutter

College Punk
Well if Kerry wins, all troops over sea's are gonna get fucked. they are fighting the war that no one wanted. so he's doing this so the troops do get some help the next 4 years even if kerry wins. why are you againist fuckin body armor for our troops. Not sure bout you but if that body armor gives my freind Ben extra chance to stop that 7.62 round, its money well spent. the 25billion for iraq thats pretty shitty. But mabey the money could be put for good use and mabey a school so the little buggers dont walk up to marines with gernades in ther pockets. if your pissed off bout he 25billion for iraq and Afghanistan i see your point but if your bitching about all of it you got some problems.

Pachyderm

I really did.
How is it that we are spending money that we don't have? We need money for other important things as well like social security, medicare and education. I think it is something like 18 billion dollars are spent for education in Bush's term. I went on his site and approximated the amount, so it's probably not very accurate, still a far cry from $417.2 billion. This is rediculous. It's funny how Bush is spending the most amount of government funds on uneducated people to stay uneducated. I feel badly for the future of america (the students, kids), because there is not enough money in education. :gun: :fskull: :oogle:

Pachyderm

I really did.
Cutter said:
Well if Kerry wins, all troops over sea's are gonna get fucked. they are fighting the war that no one wanted. so he's doing this so the troops do get some help the next 4 years even if kerry wins. why are you againist fuckin body armor for our troops. Not sure bout you but if that body armor gives my freind Ben extra chance to stop that 7.62 round, its money well spent. the 25billion for iraq thats pretty shitty. But mabey the money could be put for good use and mabey a school so the little buggers dont walk up to marines with gernades in ther pockets. if your pissed off bout he 25billion for iraq and Afghanistan i see your point but if your bitching about all of it you got some problems.
Why should we be spending that much on body armor when we already have it? What, did you think we went to the wars naked in jeeps? Or do you mean that we need 25 b dollars worth of armor for the shit loads of Americans that are dying? If you get have armor on and you get blown up, you still die. :bomb:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Cutter said:
Let's see, you don't have a clue.

It's not about the body armor, IT'S ABOUT STARTING WARS IN 2 COUNTRIES UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, WITH NO PLANS TO GET OUT, 100'S OF DEAD AMERICANS, THOUSANDS OF DEAD IRAQIS & AFGHANS, ALL FOR WHAT? MAKING A FEW INSANELY RICH MEN RICHER!

DOES THAT SEEM LIKE MONEY WELL SPENT ? YOU BRAINLESS, THOUGHTLESS, SPINELESS SHEEP!

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
voiceofreason said:
Let's see, you don't have a clue.

It's not about the body armor, IT'S ABOUT STARTING WARS IN 2 COUNTRIES UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, WITH NO PLANS TO GET OUT, 100'S OF DEAD AMERICANS, THOUSANDS OF DEAD IRAQIS & AFGHANS, ALL FOR WHAT? MAKING A FEW INSANELY RICH MEN RICHER!

DOES THAT SEEM LIKE MONEY WELL SPENT ? YOU BRAINLESS, THOUGHTLESS, SPINELESS SHEEP!
here we go again with the false pretenses... just cause you don't believe the reasons doesn't make them invalid... I guess I don't see a problem with the soldiers getting a cost of living increase... seems fair... and if you are gonna send soldiers somewhere don't cut them short of the resources to accomplish the mission with the fewest # of casualties... unlike JK that voted to send troops to Iraq but voted against giving them the best equipment possible... after saying on a TV show that voting against the extra $$ would be irresponsible... like Clinton sending troops into Somolia and not allowing armor to be used for the battle that has been immortalised in "Black Hawk Down"

VOR you should change your title to the "leftie news man" or something.... cause you seem to start alot of news clipping posts... and Most seem to slant a certian direction politicly... did you post a story about Sandy Berger? ... hmm.. didn't think so.. didn't fit your agenda... did you post a story about the statements about Kerry's purple hearts.... nope... just.. Bush is bad.. rich people don't deserve their money.. big business is bad.. anyone that believes something you don't is a brainwashed farm animal...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
VOR you should change your title to the "leftie news man" or something.... cause you seem to start alot of news clipping posts... and Most seem to slant a certian direction politicly... did you post a story about Sandy Berger? ... hmm.. didn't think so.. didn't fit your agenda... did you post a story about the statements about Kerry's purple hearts.... nope... just.. Bush is bad.. rich people don't deserve their money.. big business is bad.. anyone that believes something you don't is a brainwashed farm animal...
Dan:

I'm sure you wouldn't want me to "flip flop"? Right? Just trying to be consistent.

1) Sandy Berger, No didn't talk about Sandy Berger, because the story is about Bush signing off on money we don't have, the money you haven't earned yet.

2) didn't fit your agenda Don't have an "agenda", but if I did, I couldn't put it in every post, it would take up too much space.

3) the statements about Kerry's purple hearts. See # 1

4) rich people don't deserve their money. Never said that.

5) big business is bad. Never said that.

6) anyone that believes something you don't is a brainwashed farm animal Didn't say that. I said Cutter was a sheep, because he can not see the truth.

I'd like to say you were a sheep, but I think that is far too an advanced animal to compare you with...I think maybe you have only a reptilian brain.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
my statements of you being the "leftie news man" are in reference to most of the topics you start... most seem to be anti-Bush... You seem to want to share with the rest of us what news you find important... Hence the Leftie remark... why is it you don't post things that are important to politics that are less then positive about JK or other Dems...
I only brought up Sandy "how'd that get in my pants" Berger because it seems like this is an important story that you skipped... like the purple heart and 4 months of a one year tour stories...

you are consistent.. I'll give you that...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
Hence the Leftie remark... why is it you don't post things that are important to politics that are less then positive about JK or other Dems...
I post what is interesting to me...

DanGeo23 said:
I only brought up Sandy "how'd that get in my pants" Berger because it seems like this is an important story that you skipped... like the purple heart and 4 months of a one year tour stories...
I'm not the news media, I can't cover everything.

I agree, what in the hell was that all about?

DanGeo23 said:
you are consistent.. I'll give you that...
I'll take that as a compliment.
Sorry if I don't have more F'd up Democrat stories, but they are just not as entertaining as the Republicans these days.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
entertainment is in the eye of the beholder... I guess I can butcher that phrase and make it apply.... maybe I will contribute some stories I find entertaining... well maybe not..

R

RedOctober

Oh, what funny!

You have an asshole for president, and the asshole is sometimes speaking.

Dickhead Dubya doesn't tell yah, the dollar printing press is red hot of working overtime. The dollar is going down the drain.
There is a simple truth, America consumes more then it can produce, or even sell! So Bush is busy with some tricks to tell you morons a fairy tale.

Kerry is an asshole too!

Start thinking about what America is about!

Bloody take back the flag!

Get democracy back to where it belongs!
In the towns, homes and streets!

The government reptiles are almost as far as they need to be, to enslave the USA in a dictatorial system.

Just ask yourself this question...

Who on earth believes that some muslim fundametalists could arrange to organize 4 plane hijackings, and attack important targets with the Army, the Navy, and the Airforce sleeping?
The CIA, the NSA and the rest of the bunch knew nothing about it.

I don't buy that shit.
Europe doesn't buy it.
The rest of the world doesn't buy it.

Make my point? :D