WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush Speaks out on the issues...

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#1
you need to hear this.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. I think it's very important for the faith-based initiative to continue on, because I know we can save America one heart, one soul, one conscience at a time."

DO YOU HAVE JEEEEEEE-ZUUUUUUSSSSSS?!?!??? SAY I GOT JEEEEE-ZUUUSSSSS!@#!

http://www.fruzzetti.org:8080/extras/idiot.mp3

you really have no excuse for voting if you:

a) don't know what the 'faith-based initiative' is
b) don't know what 'abstinence first' is
c) sympathize with bush for not knowing what the word 'sovereign' means

(i love copyright laws: 30 seconds or less and it's free to share, NO MATTER WHAT)

~ dan ~
 

Pachyderm

I really did.
802
0
0
#2
That is so great! I love the laugh track...wait.. I can't even believe it sometimes.
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#3
you can fake a beheadding, but you can't fake that kind of inarticulation and stupidity.

DON'T VOTE BUSH.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#6
Yeah...DanGeo...What an idiot!

No matter how many flaws the president has, if he's Republican, Republicans will always love him. Just goes to show you how dumb most of them are.

I lost all respect for Clinton two days ago...I was reading Masters of Doom
and he actually did feel that violent video games caused the Columbine massacre.

WHHHEEEEEEWWW...SPLAT! Have a nice life Clinton...You no longer have my respect. Notice how a liberal can lose respect for a president, but a conservative usually doesn't.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#7
jstager said:
Yeah...DanGeo...What an idiot!

No matter how many flaws the president has, if he's Republican, Republicans will always love him. Just goes to show you how dumb most of them are.
Yep, he can take they're money, kill they're kids needlessly, destroy the economy and the environment, and the Repubs keep coming back for more.

They seem to really love it up the ass in a painful, violent sort of way.

And F DanGeo !
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#8
You shouldn't lose respect for a person, no matter how much disrespect you harbor for their political beleifs.

There are actually some republicans who have reasons to be republican. Very few of them, to be sure, but they exist.

About 90% of republicans (by my estimate) are republicans because their parents were. Not because of any in-depth research, or inner thought, but because their parents were republican.

DanGeo, while republican, is certainly not stupid (well, compared to the rest of his politcal party).
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#9
NoSubstance said:
You shouldn't lose respect for a person, no matter how much disrespect you harbor for their political beleifs.

There are actually some republicans who have reasons to be republican. Very few of them, to be sure, but they exist.

About 90% of republicans (by my estimate) are republicans because their parents were. Not because of any in-depth research, or inner thought, but because their parents were republican.

DanGeo, while republican, is certainly not stupid (well, compared to the rest of his politcal party).
The only reason one calls themeslves "Republican" or "Democrat" is because they can't think for themselves, and they need others to tell them what to think.

It is the sign of a weak mind...
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#10
That's not true. Some people actually like identifying with one of the two major parties... for one, they may agree with "party issues," and for another, they may actually agree with the core ideals of the party.
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#11
i like the republican party's ideals.

too bad bush supports none of them.

small government? most spending in the history of american government?

government accountability? secret energy meetings? vanishing medical records?

right to privacy? what's this PATRIOT act thing i keep hearing about...

individual responsibility? why are illegals being awarded jobs? so we can claim we created jobs.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :bs:

---

i like the democratic party's ideals.

at least kerry supports some of them.

---

you only have to SAY you're republican, because the media does all the work for you.

~ dan ~
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
#12
well well well... looks like I somehow became the topic of conversation... hmm... anyways lots to respond to... so...
first and foremost it was a stupid question...
what do you think tribal sovereignty means in the 21st century?
GWBs problem is that he tries to come up with answers that are gonna make that audience happy... its called pandering... he shoulda just came right out and said it like it is... "well it means the same thing it meant last century ... I could break out a dictionary and recite the def'n but I won't... an independant self-governing state/territory/entity.. " I mean what is this test his word knowledge... what does a boat mean in the 21st century... it still means a boat... and to resolve tribal conflicts with the Fed Gvt... you are able to govern your land the way you want but don't expect that once you step off the reservation that you will get treated any different than any other person...
every politician has made mistakes while speaking in public...

deus said:
I wasnt about to anyway.
that is your right... I just hope you can figure out the ballot...

Jstager said:
Yeah...DanGeo...What an idiot!
Who me? or the Prez?
VOR said:
Yep, he can take they're money
take whos money... he is giving back money to people that paid taxes
VOR said:
kill they're kids needlessly
kill whos kids... U must mean the soldiers... the VOLUNTEER soldiers... when we join the military we know what we are getting into... and anywayz your boy JK said he woulda sent troops in too... more soldiers would prolly die because the war would be fought in a more PC way... its already too PC... and the word "needlessly" I could dredge up quotes from almost all of the (apparently smarter than Bush) Democrats that using the same intel agreed with the need to act... hindsight is 20/20... JK and the Dems are just playing both sides of the fence...

VOR said:
destroy the economy
inherited recession.... 9-11... businesses going overseas for tax relief... NAFTA... and I believe that all economic indicators are up... unemployment rate is at, or about, the same as when Prez Clinton ran for reelection...
VOR said:
environment
I will concede that he could be doing a better job in this area... environmental restrictions on factories are another reason some businesses are tempted to make the jump across the border... JK said on earth day "I don't have an SUV" then in Detroit he said "we have some SUVs." and "Oh yes, I also have a Chevy. A big Suburban." so I hope you get Kerry the Environmentalist if he is elected...
VOR said:
And F DanGeo !
I'm flatered... but... I don't swing that way,... princess... BTW stop lookin at my a$$
NoSubstance said:
About 90% of republicans (by my estimate) are republicans because their parents were. Not because of any in-depth research, or inner thought, but because their parents were republican.
wow.. thats the inverse of my opinion... lots of people are Dems because their parents were... but their parents were "Kennedy/FDR" Dems not Dean, Ted Kennedy or Kerry Dems... others say they are Dems because thats what Catholics, Blacks or poor people are supposed to be... cause Dems are for the little guy... or cause my union says Dems are for the working man/woman... the blue collar... because I fit into this group of people.. I should vote for this party... its easy that way... you don't have think for yourself...
NoSubstance said:
DanGeo, while republican, is certainly not stupid (well, compared to the rest of his politcal party).
I am not a Republican... I am an Independent Conservative... but the Reps more closely represent my ideals... and Thank you for the compliment... we can agree to disagree...
morelos said:
i like the republican party's ideals.

too bad bush supports none of them.
does this mean you could vote for a Republican if in your opinion they better represented the parties ideals?
morelos said:
small government? most spending in the history of american government?
this is one of my biggest problems with GWB.. too much money wasted on issues that money isn't the problem.. but there is a trick in the "most spending in the history of american government" statement... it is a blanket statement that doesn't account for each administration is gonna prolly spend more actual dollars then the previous administration... I would be curious to see this statement in more of a % format... plus once again.. there is the new "Homeland Sec" cabinet... and other security issues that past administrations didn't have to have figured in... its like stating the fact that rich people get more money back from tax cuts... with out taking into consideration that they pay more in taxes therefore receive more when rebates are handed out...
morelos said:
government accountability? secret energy meetings? vanishing medical records?
Secret energy that you know about must not have been too secret... the military loses all kinds of stuff... I had to dig around and find proof of two medals I received while on active-duty... they lost them.. if I didn't have a hard copy I woulda had to take them off my Class 'A' uniform and wouldn't have received promotion points for them... I cannot believe you are more concerned with "lost" records then you are with records that were admittedly stolen... GWB's records should be fair game for the opposition to review just as JK's military records should be... but he has yet to sign the papers... maybe he is hiding something...
morelos said:
right to privacy? what's this PATRIOT act thing i keep hearing about...
talk to your legislators... they passed it... for the good it does do all people focus on is the negative... pretty good idea to allow agencies to exchange info easier... and I think that people that wish harm on this country and its people have long hid behind the gise of religious freedoms... if you have nothing to worry you should have nothing to hide... if it is used to foil one terrorist attack, was it worth it?
morelos said:
individual responsibility? why are illegals being awarded jobs? so we can claim we created jobs.
people never questioned job growth when Clinton had the same unemployment rating... some would try and make it seem that all the jobs created are fast food jobs and I guess (this is a new one I have yet to hear till today) jobs for illegals... the Dems would love to bash Bush if they are illegal jobs... and at the same time preach for legalization and legitimization of illegals...
morelos said:
i like the democratic party's ideals.
what happened to the ideals of JFK and FDR... I could vote for a Democrat that more emulated the ideals of those men...

sorry it took long to respond... I have a newborn that requires feeding/ changing/ attention...

George
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#13
Apologies, I assumed you were Republican.
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
#14
NoSubstance said:
Apologies, I assumed you were Republican.
I can see how you would draw that conclusion... its kewl.. no apology nessecary.. :thumbsup:
 
R

RedOctober

Guest
#15
It's typical..

Americans from Dutch origin are reps most of the time.
They went to the USA just after WWII and came in a hostile world, in which they had to be tougher than the Americans themselves.
The protestants went to the USA, the catholics went to Canada.
So they made their choise already in the beginning of their life.

During the years, the Dutch from the USA see the Netherlands have changed, and tell you it has become a pool of sin and darkness.
The Dutch from Canada see the Netherlands as a very modern country with a highly educated population and great opportunities.

Dutchmen in Canada had the tendency to support each other, and have a nice living. Dutchmen in the USA always had it much harder.
Just because they allways were more on their own.
So it's the way you grown up to do things, that influences your vision about politics.

The Dutch are interesting because half of the population is protestant with a more individual mentality. The other half is catholic, with a traditionally more collective mentality. (communalism)
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#16
Yeah...my apologies too...you aren't a Republican.

Sorry man.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#17
Don't agree with you, but it was a reasonable retort.

take whos money... he is giving back money to people that paid taxes

THE REASON FOR THE WAR WAS TO MAKE DICK CHENEY AND OTHERS RICH - WAKE UP. OH, AND HERE'S A TIP WHEN SETTING UP AN ENORMOUSLY EXPENSIVE WAR WITH NO END, DON'T GIVE THE MONEY BACK IN PANDERING TAX CUTS - BECAUSE WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!

kill whos kids... U must mean the soldiers... the VOLUNTEER soldiers... when we join the military we know what we are getting into... and anywayz your boy JK said he woulda sent troops in too... more soldiers would prolly die because the war would be fought in a more PC way... its already too PC... and the word "needlessly" I could dredge up quotes from almost all of the (apparently smarter than Bush) Democrats that using the same intel agreed with the need to act... hindsight is 20/20... JK and the Dems are just playing both sides of the fence...

I KNOW THEY VOLUNTEERED - FOR A SENSELESS WAR

inherited recession.... 9-11... businesses going overseas for tax relief... NAFTA... and I believe that all economic indicators are up... unemployment rate is at, or about, the same as when Prez Clinton ran for reelection...

HELLO, THERE WAS A SURPLUS WHEN YOUR BOY TOOK OVER, HE'S TAKEN IT TO THE WORST DEFICIT IN U.S. HISTORY -

I'm flatered... but... I don't swing that way,... princess... BTW stop lookin at my a$$

YOU MIS-READ THAT - NOT AN INVITE

sorry it took long to respond... I have a newborn that requires feeding/ changing/ attention...

LOOK GEORGE, WE HAVE ISSUES TO DISCUSS HERE, YOU'RE CODDLING THAT KID TOO MUCH, HOW'S HE GOING TO LEARN IF YOU DON'T LET HIM DO IT HIMESELF...
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#18
dangeo23 said:
does this mean you could vote for a Republican if in your opinion they better represented the parties ideals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelos
small government? most spending in the history of american government?

this is one of my biggest problems with GWB.. too much money wasted on issues that money isn't the problem.. but there is a trick in the "most spending in the history of american government" statement... it is a blanket statement that doesn't account for each administration is gonna prolly spend more actual dollars then the previous administration... I would be curious to see this statement in more of a % format... plus once again.. there is the new "Homeland Sec" cabinet... and other security issues that past administrations didn't have to have figured in... its like stating the fact that rich people get more money back from tax cuts... with out taking into consideration that they pay more in taxes therefore receive more when rebates are handed out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelos
government accountability? secret energy meetings? vanishing medical records?

Secret energy that you know about must not have been too secret... the military loses all kinds of stuff... I had to dig around and find proof of two medals I received while on active-duty... they lost them.. if I didn't have a hard copy I woulda had to take them off my Class 'A' uniform and wouldn't have received promotion points for them... I cannot believe you are more concerned with "lost" records then you are with records that were admittedly stolen... GWB's records should be fair game for the opposition to review just as JK's military records should be... but he has yet to sign the papers... maybe he is hiding something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelos
right to privacy? what's this PATRIOT act thing i keep hearing about...

talk to your legislators... they passed it... for the good it does do all people focus on is the negative... pretty good idea to allow agencies to exchange info easier... and I think that people that wish harm on this country and its people have long hid behind the gise of religious freedoms... if you have nothing to worry you should have nothing to hide... if it is used to foil one terrorist attack, was it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelos
individual responsibility? why are illegals being awarded jobs? so we can claim we created jobs.

people never questioned job growth when Clinton had the same unemployment rating... some would try and make it seem that all the jobs created are fast food jobs and I guess (this is a new one I have yet to hear till today) jobs for illegals... the Dems would love to bash Bush if they are illegal jobs... and at the same time preach for legalization and legitimization of illegals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelos
i like the democratic party's ideals.

what happened to the ideals of JFK and FDR... I could vote for a Democrat that more emulated the ideals of those men...

sorry it took long to respond... I have a newborn that requires feeding/ changing/ attention...
whoo; finally.

1) yes, i would vote for a republican if i liked one. but i am VERY MUCH in favor of the following policy: when the SENATE is dominated by one party, make the PRESIDENT the other party. conflicting party interests prevent negative progress.

2) the legislators who passed it read the bullet-point summary and said 'ok, on with it.' they also feared voter retribution if they didn't pass an act so aptly named. naming conventions are HUGE for this: "MY OPPONENT VOTED AGAINST THE -PATRIOT- ACT. MY OPPONENT IS NOT A PATRIOT" is a convincing campaign statement which could easily defeat an incumbent senator.

3) read more; bill about busing mexicans up to do jobs here that nobody would reasonably do. it's like the bracero program from back in the day, but way worse.

it's actually a tool: because illegals are not counted among the population, but employed persons are counted among unemployment ratings, it artificially both increases "number of jobs" and decreases "unemployment."

tired, got lots of shit to do, too; i hope that helps you see my stance better.

~ dan ~
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#19
voiceofreason said:
Yep, he can take they're money, kill they're kids needlessly, destroy the economy and the environment, and the Repubs keep coming back for more.

They seem to really love it up the ass in a painful, violent sort of way.

And F DanGeo !
George Bush is like Republican Crack.
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
#20
VOR...
continued demonization of the rich... I'm sorry you blame rich people for all of your/our troubles and use the rich man conspiricy theories to advance your opinion but don't point out when rich people from the other side do things that are possibly just as bad if looked at from one side...
if you find the war to be senseless... maybe you should ask JK where he stands on it.. cause he has stated he would have went in too...
there was a surplus... I believe this was mostly due to starving the military budget and gutting the intel agencies... but what ever you say... a recession was handed to Bush and no matter how much you don't like it... no matter what you write... it is true...