WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush urges Mubarak hold fair elections

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush urged Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on Wednesday to show the world his country can set an example for others by holding free and fair presidential elections.

"I urged him once again to have as free and fair elections as possible because it will be a great legacy for his country," Bush told reporters during a session with visiting South African President Thabo Mbeki.

Bush and Mubarak spoke by telephone for about 10 minutes and among the topics they covered was the start of the presidential election campaign in Egypt, and last week's referendum there and incidents of violence.

Bush said Mubarak assured him that he wants to have free and fair elections. "I will to the best of my ability continue to try to convince him that it's not only in Egypt's interest, but the world's interests, to see Egypt have free and fair elections," Bush said.

Activists urging a boycott of the May 25 referendum on a new presidential election system in Egypt were beaten, kicked and punched by plainclothes supporters of Mubarak, according to witnesses.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mubarak could learn a few things about elections from Bush for sure...

It's quite a skill staying in power when you've never actually been elected...

R

RedOctober

Look who's talking!!!

:party: :balloons: :cheerldr:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Bush urging Free and Fair elections is like the Pope urging Catholics to become Jewish. It never ceases to amaze me, the balls on that man.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
It's quite a skill staying in power when you've never actually been elected...
I thought the new voice of the left, Moveon.org, was brought about to move on.. and stop whining about Fla...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
I thought the new voice of the left, Moveon.org, was brought about to move on.. and stop whining about Fla...
He stole the FIRST one in Florida, he stole the SECOND one in Ohio, try to keep it straight OK?

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
musta had dead people voting.. ohhh and voting machines that were red... with elephants on them...

n8dross

I sucked Bush's cock
Maybe he really wants them to have fair elections????

Jung

???
Premium
n8dross said:
Well that was blatantly obvious... I believe the theme of this thread is hypocrisy, though.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
"Do as I say not as I do" ~ George W. Bush

R

RedOctober

n8dross said:
Fair... as in... fairground

Where there is music and booze, and people get a ride on a wooden elephant.
And lose their bucks.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
its like the pot calling the kettle black.

-the bottom line is GWB stole a lot more than the elections from this country and he shall forever be remembered as such.

n8dross

I sucked Bush's cock
Bitter...........party of one! bush won get over it already! All world figure heads are hypocrits at one time or another.

Jung

???
Premium
n8dross said:
Bitter...........party of one! bush won get over it already! All world figure heads are hypocrits at one time or another.
How droll...

Here we are conversing like mature adults and the best you can muster is "you're all mad because Bush won; get over it?"

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
n8dross said:
n8dross,
We respect your desire to take it up the ass from your un-elected officials, but we're not all "into it".