WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush urges U.S. resolve on Iraq despite bloodshed

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (Reuters) - President Bush urged Americans on Monday to show resolve in the Iraq war despite the bloodshed, as he appealed for patriotic spirit on Independence Day.

Facing waning support for the Iraq war, Bush in a speech in West Virginia revived memories of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on America and said a retreat in Iraq would embolden militants who want to "break the resolve of the American people."

"Our work there is difficult and dangerous because terrorists from across the region are converging on Iraq to fight the rise of democracy," he said. But he added, "we will stay until the fight is won."

Bush also invoked the Revolutionary War as he cast the Iraq war as a struggle to help Iraqis achieve freedom.

"We know this great ideal of human freedom is entrusted to us in a special way, and the ideal of liberty is worth defending," he said.

Bush used a prime-time address at the Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Army base last week to try to ease growing concerns about the war that have pushed his approval ratings to the lowest levels of his presidency.

LINK
--------------------------------------------------------------
RESOLVE... It's easy to ask for that when it doesn't hurt and you're not losing the people you love.

Sick, Selfish Fucker!

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
He keeps reminding people of 9/11.

What would that fucker do without 9/11???? He's been using that tragic day to convince people of the legitimity of his own dirty little deeds!

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
that is possibly the dumbest thing i've ever seen from you^^^^

I think it's in poor taste to 'remind' people of shit like that...in fact i think its bullshit......Like anybody forgot what happened :rolleyes:

This was obviously his last ditch effort to gain some support before shit gets out of hand....but where have seen that before?........hmmmmmm...... :confuse:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Anyone who thinks that "lefties" forget 9/11 is an amazingly dense human.

Anyone who thinks all "righties" support the war becasue Dubbaya says you have to, is also amazingly dense.

People can have opinions about things that do not revolve around right and left. Some common fucking sense goes a long way in politics. People who hedge their bets around one of two main political parties prove they are not smart enough to even consider having an opinion, best let someone else do that hard thinking thing for you.

:mfinger:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
RageAgainst said:
He keeps reminding people of 9/11.

What would that fucker do without 9/11???? He's been using that tragic day to convince people of the legitimity of his own dirty little deeds!
The problem with bringing up 9/11 is that it doesn't have one dam thing to do with fake WMD's in Iraq. It's what they call a Red Herring, and it's for the gullible and simple.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
voiceofreason said:
The problem with bringing up 9/11 is that it doesn't have one dam thing to do with fake WMD's in Iraq. It's what they call a Red Herring, and it's for the gullible and simple.
The gullible 51% ?

JLXC

Premium
RageAgainst said:
The gullible 51% ?
I think you give the average joe a bit too much respect. A mere 51 percent? I think not.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
The horribly beyond any hope of saving from the all encompasing jaws of ludicrous stupidity 51%

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Im sure Bush is the one pulling the strings. You all blame him because he is the puppet. Look to the puppeteers, big money, congress, the people who need the middle east. Wait until racial profiling gets it on, then we will see how free freedom it.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
dustinzgirl said:
Im sure Bush is the one pulling the strings. You all blame him because he is the puppet. Look to the puppeteers, big money, congress, the people who need the middle east. Wait until racial profiling gets it on, then we will see how free freedom it.
Puppet? To some extent, maybe, but he's the president, ffs. He gives the final OK.

JLXC

Premium
dustinzgirl said:
Not to hijack but shit, Freedom in America? Any local gov't can take your property if they can figure out a way to make more money off the taxes than you would provide? Freedom?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
JLXC said:
Not to hijack but shit, Freedom in America? Any local gov't can take your property if they can figure out a way to make more money off the taxes than you would provide? Freedom?
I agree, there are problems here, but it is the most free country in the world. I wouldn't live anywhere else....

R

RedOctober

voiceoftreason said:
I agree, there are problems here, but it is the most free country in the world. I wouldn't live anywhere else....
You are so free, you export that freedom all over the world.
People now see the freedom of Guantanamo Bay, the way they are treated in Iraq. People put on top of each other in their naked butts.
Naked rulez! It's really a free feeling!

I like naturism! :mfinger:

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
voiceofreason said:
but it is the most free country in the world. I wouldn't live anywhere else....
Unless you have lived in every single country in the world, you can not make such statement. We must not confuse a free nation and a wealthy nation.

Many immigrants come to the United States for money, not freedom. Ask any immigrant if they would want to go back to their country with money. At least 70% would want to go back.

So, yes the United States is a free country, however personally at least, I have experienced a lot more freedom somewhere else.

Please note, I am not bashing the United States. I live here, I would fight for the USA if someone would invade my country (The US).

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
Bush had never been abroad before his presidency. He gets his info on the outside world based on views from Cheney, Rowe, Wolfowitz and the like.. In other words, Hawks. I fpeople keep telling you there are polar bears in Finland, eventually you start to believe there are, if you dont get strong STRONG information stating the opposite. Ignorance is bliss. Bushs ignorance is havoc.

Seems to me your exit strategy in Irag is Iran. wooppie

R

RedOctober

And it's One Two Three, what are we fighting for?
Don't ask me.. I don't give a damn..
The next stop is fucking Iran...

Wackedoo wackedoo wackedoo... :rolleyes:

:soldier: :cheerldr:

Starring:

Country Joe McDonald and Da Fish.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
President Bush urged Americans on Monday to show resolve in the Iraq war despite the bloodshed, as he appealed for patriotic spirit on Independence Day.
This one sentence says it all.
"Show resolve for the war in Iraq despite the bloodshed" (Support it even if you believe that we've already killed 10 times the number of civillians than have died in the attacks of 9/11. In a war that was built on lies, and has nothing remotely to do with 9/11.)

"appealed for patriotic spirit on Independence Day". (Hey look over here! We have hot dogs, beer and fireworks. Weeee! What a good time! Forget about all that stuff across the ocean. Weeee! I have bottle rockets. Wanna go set some off?)

Bush is Satan.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:

Not exactly true, but whatever. The govt can confiscate your property if there is reason to believe you use it to commit illegal activity, which they dictate, or if they need to build a sidewalk or freeway.

That is besides the point. And yes, I am sure Bush could stop being a pussy, but I mean, look at the guy.