WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Bush visits the Pope

Cynical Canuck

Venting Spleen
Bush recently visited the Pope, presenting him with the USA's highest civilian award, the "medal of freedom." He called the pontiff a "devote servant of God." This makes sense since he is, after all, the Pope. As always, it's nice to see just how much the Bush administration refuses to separate Church from State (okay, so I'm stretching the concept a bit in this case). Check out the article to read up on the lovely welcome George Dubyah received in Italy.

I suppose the medal presentation is a desperate attempt by Bush to increase his approval rating, especially after the most recent blow to his Administration: the resignation of George Tenet. Just how many rats will jump ship before it goes completely underwater?

I'm obviously no fan of Bush, nor Bush Sr. for that matter. I still remember the day when his "Operation Desert Storm" was launched. I'm surprised at what lengths they will go to in order to protect what is now essentially "their" oil supply. Maybe once we actually ween ourselves off of our crude oil addiction, we'll enter a new era of peace. Not likely though.

It may have started out as a means to find and destroy Saddam's supposed weapons of mass destruction and/or his connection with Osama (hell, they couldn't find Bin Laden, so why not go after someone they *could* find?). But wait, there's not really any WMD's, so they then called it something like "Operation Iraqi Freedom" -- time to get rid of this awful dictator and his mass graves and killing fields! A fine plan indeed, freeing the Iraqi people, but maybe you should have held off to make sure it was a more coordinated effort by all those others who would have liked to see this done for the humanitarian reasons? No, no, of course not. You see, what they really want is more control of the oil, and unless they show up first, they won't get dibs. By the way, George, how goes that search for Osama?

It's a little disheartening to realize all this fighting is over our dependency on the remains of the last group of creatures that ruled this planet. In a few million years from now, will someone or something be fighting over our liquid remains?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Cynical Canuck said:
Bush recently visited the Pope, presenting him with the USA's highest civilian award, the "medal of freedom."

I suppose the medal presentation is a desperate attempt by Bush to increase his approval rating,

It may have started out as a means to find and destroy Saddam's supposed weapons of mass destruction and/or his connection with Osama (hell, they couldn't find Bin Laden, so why not go after someone they *could* find?). But wait, there's not really any WMD's, so they then called it something like "Operation Iraqi Freedom" -- time to get rid of this awful dictator and his mass graves and killing fields! A fine plan indeed, freeing the Iraqi people, but maybe you should have held off to make sure it was a more coordinated effort by all those others who would have liked to see this done for the humanitarian reasons? No, no, of course not. You see, what they really want is more control of the oil, and unless they show up first, they won't get dibs. By the way, George, how goes that search for Osama?

It's a little disheartening to realize all this fighting is over our dependency on the remains of the last group of creatures that ruled this planet. In a few million years from now, will someone or something be fighting over our liquid remains?
Very nice take CC,

Yes, you can imagine the phone call, "Hello Vatican, this is the White House, does the Pope have a few minutes for George? He really could use a little good press right about now".

But besides oil there was big benes for Halliburton & the satisfaction of salavging Dad's honor, after he let Saddam go last time.

It's more than "disheartening", it's pathetic that all these people had to lose their lives for oil and money.

gumercules

Ultra Mega
have you heard any audio of the meeting? i'm gonna start calling the pope "mumbles"

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Pope John "Mumbles" Paul

gumercules said:
have you heard any audio of the meeting? i'm gonna start calling the pope "mumbles"

LOL, naw he just talks that way to fuck with DubYah!

gumercules

Ultra Mega
the pope shot bush in the head? wow, why isn't that on CNN?

Chris

Sick Bastard
That was so funny, he goes to the pope for support, and then the comment "but it turns out the pope is not a major supporter f the war in iraq"...and when the shit head tries to escape the wrath of the italians by comparing the war in iraq to the war against the nazis, he got soooooo much support

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Chris said:
That was so funny, he goes to the pope for support, and then the comment "but it turns out the pope is not a major supporter f the war in iraq"...and when the shit head tries to escape the wrath of the italians by comparing the war in iraq to the war against the nazis, he got soooooo much support
"to escape the wrath of the italians by comparing the war in iraq to the war against the nazis"

The reason he did that is, he's trying to write history for himself. He's spinning. Laying the groundwork. Doesn't want to look like the schmuck he is on page 57 of some kids 6th grade history book...

R

RedOctober

The funny part is, we watched Bush during a press conference in Italy.
His face was as if he'd seen the devil in person. A white face. As if he hadn't slept all night. I get the impression someone told him his future. :rolleyes:
One thing is very clear. The Pope doesn't like Bush at all. He doesn't like capitalism either. I have the impression that Karl Woitila dies the moment he has freed the world from capitalism.
Don't get me wrong! He also did the kick off of the downfall of communism!

Communism and capitalism both have to be banned from this planet!

And please, don't forget that the Bilderberg conference was also in Italy in that week. George surely was there secretly, and got some orders there..

It is just like the movie Star Wars...
May The Force Be With Us. :D

Every institution on this planet seems to have a Dark Side.
The Catholic Church has Opus Dei. :mfinger:
Many catholics hate those lunatics.
That's why the catholic church is torn apart.
The many abuse cases in the USA caused by catholic priesthood were caused by the dark side. This struggle is still going on.

I know, it's all very confusing.
But sometimes even white magicians have to do black things to reach their ultimate destiny, which is in the interest of the good cause of the well being of mankind on Earth. :thumbsup: