WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

bye bye skin

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
Remember that sunburn of mine? Well, now my shins are really peeling. I mean REALLY peeling. My right leg look so gross. I took off my jeans when I got home this morning and i couldn't believe it. It even hurts to take a shower now because the streams of water hit my legs so that it forces skin to peel away some more. It doesn't hurt so bad, but it feels really weird. I remind myself of goldmember with all the flakes of skin. At least I'm not keeping them in a box or eating them.

...yet...

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
eww my b/f works out in the sun everyday and he is peeling part of his skin looks almost black and then the peeling part is as white as a babies bottom. sucks though try some aloe!

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
Yes, I have aloe and I've been using it. It's just too bad a burn, so it is peeling now and will be better after that. I just don't wanna lose my tan!

magnolia

Postaholic
I'm peeling too and I've been using a heavy cream moistureizer. That seems to be helping a lot. U might wanna try that. I just went to wal mart and got the equate brand. That or try a nice body butter. Good luck with the burn.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
tkme2thebedroom said:
Yes, I have aloe and I've been using it. It's just too bad a burn, so it is peeling now and will be better after that. I just don't wanna lose my tan!
i use aloe...for different purposes... :mischief:

Just remember to use alot of sunblock next time and check the SPF to see how often you need to apply it.

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
yeah, I'm normally REALLY pale so I know I need spf 50 minimum for an hour and a half, but I prefer 70. I had 30 on my trip and it kept washing off or not blending in because of the water. it also seems that using aloe for different purposes (other than smoking it) would be...eventually painful and smelly and sticky (more than normal) but the thought is quite ammusing all the same. ^_^

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
70?!? jeez im usually good with 15 or 30 applied once or twice in a full day...and I'm in Texas. Gotta make sure to geht the waterproof stuff.

I'm pretty pale in the winter and spring, but come summertime and I look like a wetback.

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
LiberatioN said:
70?!? jeez im usually good with 15 or 30 applied once or twice in a full day...and I'm in Texas. Gotta make sure to geht the waterproof stuff.

I'm pretty pale in the winter and spring, but come summertime and I look like a wetback.
lol it was waterproof! The stuff wouldn't mix in on my wet skin, though, and I was tubbing so nothing was dry for me to dry myself off. I actually like being paler because it the Olde Tymes it was a sign of nobility. Plus this little river excersion has givin me proof that time in the sun makes skin softer. I naturally have skin as soft as a baby's bum, and I like the feeling. My boy likes to rub me too, so losing my softness is just something I'm not willing to be dark over. Unfortunately all the light skin is gone after band camp and even then I have a wicked farmer tan and weird tan lines from my clarinet.

magnolia

Postaholic
tkme2thebedroom said:
lol it was waterproof! The stuff wouldn't mix in on my wet skin, though, and I was tubbing so nothing was dry for me to dry myself off. I actually like being paler because it the Olde Tymes it was a sign of nobility. Plus this little river excersion has givin me proof that time in the sun makes skin softer. I naturally have skin as soft as a baby's bum, and I like the feeling. My boy likes to rub me too, so losing my softness is just something I'm not willing to be dark over. Unfortunately all the light skin is gone after band camp and even then I have a wicked farmer tan and weird tan lines from my clarinet.
I used to get a nice white patch after marching band because my lyre goes on my fore arm. (I play the flute.)

And I hear you on the high SPF. I wear at least 50. It's hard for me to find anything too much above that around here though. Damn the Irish, French, Polish, and Germans! I'm a pale skin cocktail.

A friend once gave me this advice for sunburn:

Go out, get burnt, then peel off all your skin.

After your skin grows back, go out and burn some more. Then peel it off again.

Skin is over rated.
Or, you can just not go outside. :)

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
My ears got so sunburned one summer, they blistered, bled and created a really big mess whenever I'd go to sleep for about the entire summer.

JJ.

Clitpickle
Take cool baths :)

I got a little sun burn last weekend, nothing like yours sounds, but it hurt a bit. I couldn't shower in hot water so I just took cool baths.

I suggest going to the dermatologist if you need an spf that high, :p . I know all about the funky lines from the clarinets too, heh, I still have them on my right hand from the first band camp. I must say though, cocoa butter works wonders...Do you remember the burn on my neck from freshman year? I hate the smell of the lotion but my neck is in fair condition even after that one.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I'm working construction now, so I'm outside most of the day and in direct sunlight untill we get the second floor or the roof on. Give me another week out there and my skin will look like leather. I'm sunburned right now, but it's not too bad.

Unforgiven said:
A friend once gave me this advice for sunburn:

[Friends Quote Here]

Or, you can just not go outside. :)

Every time i get sunburnt, i make sure i cook bad. Then after a week or two, and the pain has gone, once the skin starts peeling, I scratch away :thumbsup: !
Feels good :)

tkme2thebedroom

standard people-hater
magnolia said:
I used to get a nice white patch after marching band because my lyre goes on my fore arm. (I play the flute.)

And I hear you on the high SPF. I wear at least 50. It's hard for me to find anything too much above that around here though. Damn the Irish, French, Polish, and Germans! I'm a pale skin cocktail.
Are you my long lost relative!??!? I'm those too. Prominantly French on mum's side and Slovak on dad's, but pretty much all over Europe.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
omg...70-50??
I almost never use suncream thingy..but on provinssi(festival) I burned my shoulders becouse ->allday outdoors 3days in a row.. but if I use it's mostly 5-15..and I live in europe..but I still don't get easily burnt..I'm so happy :happysad:

Slacker

Postaholic
I don't get out much and the last time i got a sunburn was in the winter snowboarding up in the mountains.