WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Cable or DSL..

Cable or DSL??

• Cable

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • DSL

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Dare I say Dial up

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Been having mucho problems with Earthlink DSL...They blow donkey ballz.
So what does the general populous think....My brother has cable and I think I may go that way..... :feedback:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I fucking hate DSL!!!Its slow as hell.
When I lived up north of here, I had HSD(cable)...no prob.
Then I moved down here,DSL...no HSD....Bullshit!!

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
deus_ex_machina said:
i have x prototype number -289261921476 v.5
Right.... movein on i never had cable but i do have a T1 at work and a 512k dsl at home

Descent

Hella Constipated
HA! I have Optimum Online Cable.

5 MEGABITS DOWN, 936K UP.

WITH AN OPTIMIZER, 8 MEGABITS DOWN, 936K UP!

I own j00 in terms of speed.

I can run SERVERS! YES, SERVERS! I run a Teamspeak 2 server, and it never lags or anything! I have sixteen people in there, and I'm not lagging at all, or anyone else for that matter!

Sorry...I just had to brag about that.

MaxPower, you also live on Long Island, so I assume you also have this?

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
jstager said:
HA! I have Optimum Online Cable.

5 MEGABITS DOWN, 936K UP.

WITH AN OPTIMIZER, 8 MEGABITS DOWN, 936K UP!

I own j00 in terms of speed.

I can run SERVERS! YES, SERVERS! I run a Teamspeak 2 server, and it never lags or anything! I have sixteen people in there, and I'm not lagging at all, or anyone else for that matter!

Sorry...I just had to brag about that.

MaxPower, you also live on Long Island, so I assume you also have this?
15? where do u get the money for this?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
I love my DSL

use to cable, fucking sucked
Then you have a bad cable access provider, because all opinions aside.Docsis 1.1 is a technically superior technology to DSL/ADSL. Most ADSL customers get like 128k/384k. With Optimumonline I get 3Mbit on a bad day and as high as 8Mbit.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
MaxPower said:
Then you have a bad cable access provider, because all opinions aside.Docsis 1.1 is a technically superior technology to DSL/ADSL. Most ADSL customers get like 128k/384k. With Optimumonline I get 3Mbit on a bad day and as high as 8Mbit.
im lookin at warpdrive online for a cable provider

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
TwisT said:
Been having mucho problems with Earthlink DSL...They blow donkey ballz.
So what does the general populous think....My brother has cable and I think I may go that way..... :feedback:
iv got dsl and havnt experienced cable but think at least its not dialup!

RA64

Hoodrat
Some of you (or your parents) must be paying a shitload of money for your internet service...

I've got 1.5Mbit DSL from verizon. At 30 bucks a month, I think its a pretty good deal. And its actually pretty reliable too...

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
my cable line went down last night..so all my posts are coming from work.....techs are commin in tomorrow to fix it...first real problem ive had in the two years ive had it....

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'll have times where my internet will go out but 95% of the time if you just restart the router it usually comes back on. I dont know why it works, but it just does.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have 56k, and it sucks :thumbsup:

Back when I had Windows 95, our family bought a DSL Modem and the like, to find out that it didn't work with Windows 95... anyways, by the time that we got a new computer (it wasn't worth upgrading), we had already returned it (or whatever you do with modems).

I wish I had cable (in my experience, its been faster than DSL) but I do enjoy the constant IP changes that 56k provides me with.

what??!!

im just stupid when it comes to computers.. lol.all i know is i used to have dsl, now i have cable. dsl sucks, cables better