WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Call center mini crisis

I am having a whinny little mini crisis and I think hearing other ppls related crappy experiences will probably make me snap the fuck out of it, Or even just getting bitched at would be distracting enough..... :geige:

After spending 13K on a dental assisting program the market in my area is saturated with assisants :rant: and so nobody is hiring unless you are some dentist's friend's aunt's hairstylist's nephew's bondage slave or something, so I went in search of other employment. I signed on w/ a staffing service and now I got hired to work in a call center. I am a little freaked out about having a 3 ft leash to a computer talking to ppl that only want to complain about stuff you have no control over for a product you don't care about.

Any body have any call center experiences they wanna share?

Last edited by a moderator:

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Jarilith said:
I am having a whinny little mini crisis and I think hearing other ppls related crappy experiences will probably make me snap the fuck out of it, Or even just getting bitched at would be distracting enough..... :geige:

After spending 13K on a dental assisting program the market in my area is saturated with assisants :rant: and so nobody is hiring unless you are some dentist's friend's aunt's hairstylist's nephew's bondage slave or something, so I went in search of other employment. I signed on w/ a staffing service and now I got hired to work in a call center. I am a little freaked out about having a 3 ft leash to a computer talking to ppl that only want to complain about stuff you have no control over for a product you don't care about.

aww you poor thing........keep ya head up...it will get better :cheerldr:

jamesp

In Memory...
Jarilith said:

ummm...i hate having to call microsoft about some of their shitting software because noone there can speak english with any proficiency....

At least on the bright side, since we are not located in India, or the deep south, all of my co-workers seem to speak english relatively well, and without an accent so thick they may as well be speaking a foreign language.

When I have to call a support line, and I get somebody with the ultra southern accent, I just hang up and call back. Not because they are stupid or incapable, I just can't understand what the fuck they are saying.

Word around the campfire is that here in Idaho we have one of the mildest accents from around the country, and apparently that makes us excellent call center employees...... fuck, that sounds depressing.....

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
What is most fun in that sort of situation is to make the customers realize how extremely stupid they are. The more they bitch the less useful information you give them, that's the way I see it.

Descent

Hella Constipated
jamesp said:
ummm...i hate having to call microsoft about some of their shitting software because noone there can speak english with any proficiency....
Word. Just run 2000 Pro, and no bullshit activation is needed. I use that for my day to day computing.

Don't get me wrong; M$ arguably made a great product, that is, until XP came out (I'm talking about NT kernel based OSes here). Server 2003 was the only good thing after that, and was most useful as a workstation OS, ironically, due to it's fucking high cost of deployment. I would know, I ran it that way.

Product activation is a fucking travesty.

jamesp

In Memory...
Descent said:
Word. Just run 2000 Pro, and no bullshit activation is needed. I use that for my day to day computing.

Don't get me wrong; M$ arguably made a great product, that is, until XP came out (I'm talking about NT kernel based OSes here). Server 2003 was the only good thing after that, and was most useful as a workstation OS, ironically, due to it's fucking high cost of deployment. I would know, I ran it that way.

Product activation is a fucking travesty.
there are some errors in your post.

1. There is no kernel for any Microsucks OS.
2. I beta tested Server 2003, it was a joke.
3. There are certain keys that need to be activated on 2000 Pro.
4. Windows XP Pro Corporate was arguably the most stable distrobution of Windows ever.

Consider yourself enlightened.;)