WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Calling all geeks....

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Ok. I'll make this short and stupid for you.

I'm looking to take digital movie shorts from a camera and convert them into animated gif's, or something to that effect. I've searched online until my eyes have bled and I'm tired of looking. I don't need a huge umteen billion gigafuct file to download. Nor do I want to buy something that I'm likely to only use a few times. Anybody familiar with MOV file converters, compressors, optimizers or fat chicks?

I've just about given up, so I thought I'd make a last ditch effort and ask here before I lose interest in it. If you know of any cool sites I can lurk, or if you know of any spiffy software freebies to try, or if you just have some helpful info, that would be swell. :oddgrin:

I'm tired of looking.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
I've had the same issue. As far as I could find out, over 2 months of searching, there are no free .mov to anything converters. The cheapest I could find was $20. If i could find a .mov file editter i'd be happy, but those aren't cheap either.

I think slemaire195 is onto something. My digital cam has a tv out feature, maybe I can hook it up and capture it on my computer to turn it into a different format.