WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Camel Spiders

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Originally Posted by dustinzgirl

BTW has anyone seen pics of the fucking camel spiders over there? they are huge and alien looking! they scare the shit out of me! I cant even handle little tiny jumping spiders! These things are like 2 ft long.

yeah i have seen a few small ones only about as big as a soft ball cought one in my tent the other night a baby one and some of my buddys saw a big one hissing at them on there tent floor the other day

fucking things are viscious they stay in shade most of the day and if you are provideing shade they will move with you if they are hungry enough they will attack and bite you and when they bite you they send some kind of signal to other camel spiders to come get some din din and eventualy they can/will bite a person to death

they are called camel spiders because that is there main dish
a camels belly is about 4 to 4 and a half feet off the ground and yes they can jump that high
sorry though no pictures

on another note airgaurd has a really good deployment plan
4 months of activation and 16 months of inactive duty
over an 8 year contract
its not to bad either airguard gets paid more aswell so that is where i should have gone

rolled out of my 4 month basic training for 4 days off with the family and then packed with my unit for 2 weeks and then spent 2 more months in colorado basicly doing basic training all over again in sub zero temp
it was a blast going from extreme cold to extreme heat
but its not so bad my 15 month term is about half way done

Camel Spiders

tzedek

Original Member
look around on www.muchosucko.com and you will find a video about them. One eats a scorpion like it is nothing.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
That is some weird shit. But then again, they are some weird shit.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
sorry I thought it said, Camel Toe..

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
I like to eat camel spiders...

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Bullshyt, I don't like camel toe, but I do like those damn spiders.

bigdouth

Surprisingly Stupid
I read in an article that al those stories about the camel spider are bullshit. They have no venom and they don't make noise (they're quiet). They eat smaller bugs, not camels. The reason they're seen around dead camels is because they make their nests out of hair and dead camels seem to have a lot of that. Also, dead camels seem to attract flies which the camel spider eats. They're not even spiders. Spiders have venom. I don't remember what they are, but the camel spider is in the same catergory as the daddy longleg, which also is not a spider. I must admit though that if I ever saw one of those fuckers I'd probably shit my pants because they sure are ugly looking fucks.

morelos

lexicon incognito
yeah. bigdouth has you guys on that one. they are like any other animal that will bite when you scare the shit out of them (we are a lot bigger than they are).

the only "bug" that will eat a person is a colony of army ants.

now that's some scary shit.

these camel spiders look like they'd be good deep-fried with some onion and maybe sauteed mushrooms or something.

Paul

Tenderony
holy crap
i just saw a pic and thats the scariest thing i ever saw ;)

Fugly

Tenderony
I've seen one...they do hiss and they do follow your shadow but they aren't really dangerous. They do freak you out quite a bit though. We had a pet camel spider for a while...but it died...so we hung it up on the wall with a nail. Well not "we" just one particular guy who thought it was funny but fuck me if I was gonna take it down.

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Paul said:
holy crap
i just saw a pic and thats the scariest thing i ever saw ;)
If it's the pic I think you saw then it was a bit falsified. It's made to look like they are as big as dinner plates, but really he's just holding it very close to the camera. I thought this whole camel spider thing was defunct months ago. Anyway, check this out for more details on the hoax:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Skorch said:
If it's the pic I think you saw then it was a bit falsified. It's made to look like they are as big as dinner plates, but really he's just holding it very close to the camera. I thought this whole camel spider thing was defunct months ago. Anyway, check this out for more details on the hoax:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

Ahhh thats not a hoax. I have more pics to show you. That jesse has taken himself over there... when my baby gets to a base here soon maybe I can have him resend them too... I am suppose to be getting a package soon.... with pictures.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
I have heard the story about those. Many myths go with those things, and no, they aren't spiders, I forgot what they are, but they aren't bad at all. Actually, I think they belong in the scorpion family, or something like that.

darksinner

the big green demon
i would have to dissagree with that article
from what i have seen there are two kinds of camel spiders they look alike but you can see a differance in them

a few weeks ago when we where stationed in baghdad a camel spider the size of a soft ball stood up on its hind leggs and hissed at one of our platoon sergents we tryed to catch it but it ran very fast

btw we keep a pet albino rabbit as a pet so we are always seeing some kinds of critters

the smaller spiders that look like camel spiders are pretty big a little bigger then matchbox cars and those are your flie eaters
but hey thats my 2 cents worth
if you cant believe that then i dont know what to say lmfao im seeing the shit

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
So like I could probably handle the bombings and noise and shooting (well probably not..lol)....but the fucking spiders? OH HELL NO!
You are so much braver than I.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Did you know that camel spiders got their name from developing camel toe? It is true, just about every camel spider has camel toe, its hard to see on their feet, but thtey have it. Weird shit.