WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Can I get Blast Processing in my PC?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I don't think my games are running fast enough...

Descent

Hella Constipated
Blast Processing was the greatest achievement of the 90's besides S3's MeTaL rendering technology.

It allowed for faster movement, prettier colors and shit, and has only been featured in the Sega Genesis home video game system.

It would be killer if today's PC's had it.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Descent said:
Blast Processing was the greatest achievement of the 90's besides S3's MeTaL rendering technology.

It allowed for faster movement, prettier colors and shit, and has only been featured in the Sega Genesis home video game system.

It would be killer if today's PC's had it.

Yes, because I want Sega-like graphics on my computer top-notch computer. :thumbsdn:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Missles said:
Yes, because I want Sega-like graphics on my computer top-notch computer.
Word. If ATi put it in today, they'd own the world.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Descent said:
Word. If ATi put it in today, they'd own the world.

So, wait. You want something like the old blaster-thing; or you want the 90's version???

Descent

Hella Constipated
LMFAO!

Yeah, I mean if ATi put it into their graphics chips they'd make a killing. A modern day version.

Pidgeon182

Bird of the Week
the only problem with that would be that rendering 2-d objects and rendering 3-d objects are MUCH differrent. I don't really know much about the blast processing, but I am guessing that it is more of a buffer for the immages. I am possitve that ATI has already searched through differrent types of processing types such as this. The one thing that I want to see personally is multiple processors on a card, similar to the cell processor wich is coming out on the next generation consols.

Descent

Hella Constipated
LOL, Pidgeon!

Blast Processing was a bullshit marketing trick, to an extent.

True, the Genesis had twice the raw processing power of the SNES at the time, and they took advantage of that. "Blast Processing!"

However, it's AV chips lagged behind the SNES. However, for a system that rolled into production in '89, that is quite impressive. It was somewhat similar to a semi-high and Macintosh at the time, and even at that point Macs were MUCH better for gaming than PC's.

Genesis games tend to be able to have more NPC's and shit on screen to take advantage of this. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.