WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Can you Imagine, Honor Killings?

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
A German Court Goes Face to Face with Honor Killings

By Sven Roebel
Hatin Sürücü tried to live her own life -- and may have been killed for it. The 23-year-old Turkish woman was shot point-blank in the face in February in Berlin. Many believe her own family was behind the murder and her brother is now on trial.

The rest of the story explains she was likely killed by one of her three brothers for having dishonored the Koran, her family, her culture. That honor killings happen in westernized countries is appalling but i guess it is to be expected w/ so many immigrating.

In a way I feel like the German news is using these types of rare actions as a way of twisting the publics disposition towards the Turkish/Turkey's efforts of entering the EU, still I find the story heart breaking and plainly a damn shame.

I suppose you ought to think twice girls of who you chose to become involved with, read the entire article. :mad: :mfinger:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,374732,00.html

Descent

Hella Constipated
/me raises his eyebrow like the rock and cocks his airsoft rifle at fundamentalist Islam.

I don't get it, so by honor killing does the woman gets to go to heaven? (supposedly) If not then why's she shot? I mean, since she's gonna go to hell either way why can't the family just let her?

i hope the brother is happy about what he did. in another story he told his girlfriend then denied everything. and she knew about it before he did it. germans need to quit being afraid of being called racist and do something. this is indeed a sad state for them to be in.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Similar thing happened in Canada with an Indian girl. Poor girl. It's so fucked up. And Canadian Authorities buried it.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
You think that sad. I once read about some of the Arab culture. Do you realize that if a husband complains that his woman is disobeying him in bed and not satisfying him.

Her brother and father take her into a room and rape her... There is all kind of sick stuff like this.

One family house was broken into and their daughter rapped while her father was pinned against the wall. After she got done being raped her father took her out and beat her.

The poor girl was held at gun point raped and than beat by her own father.

I changed about half way through it started to get worse.

they believe in blaming the victim of rape for causing it. my mom had a friend from saudi that that happened to that came her on a school visa and applied for citizenship. she ended up getting asylum when her brother and cousin came here and tried to rape her and bring her home. the cops arrested them and they got sent away and she was granted asylum and moved where no one new her to get away. they treat women like shit. it is wrong.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
You don't want to be a woman in the Turkish culture (whereever it is) or any other Islamic state...

Woman are subhuman in that world.

kindbud

Banned - What an Asshat!
_Kitana_ said:
You think that sad. I once read about some of the Arab culture. Do you realize that if a husband complains that his woman is disobeying him in bed and not satisfying him. Her brother and father take her into a room and rape her... There is all kind of sick stuff like this. ....I changed about half way through it started to get worse.
after 'one' reading about a foriegn culture/religion, i can only see you as allah inspired.

i doubt that is a rule. maybe one choice out of 3 options, but nah, that's just dumb.

maybe if you were to watch the entire thing, they would have spelled it all out for you; not all arabs are like that.