WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Canada braces for Bush protests

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
TORONTO, Ontario (AP) -- Organizers expect up to 15,000 activists to march on the Canadian capital Ottawa on Tuesday to protest the policies of U.S. President George W. Bush during his two-day visit to the country.

The spokesman for a coalition of protest groups said he expected 10,000-15,000 protesters, including about 4,000 out-of-towners who have already signed up for buses from as far away as Windsor, near Detroit.

The No to Bush Committee is organizing the two main protests in Ottawa on Tuesday: a march at noon and a candlelight vigil on Parliament Hill at 5 p.m. (2300 GMT).

The group is a coalition of the federal New Democratic Party; unions; the Canadian Peace Alliance, which an umbrella organization of some 100 groups; and the Canadian Arab Federation.

"These are meant to be large, diverse, peaceful and powerful protests. This is the mantra that we are working on," said committee spokesman Joe Cressy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We expect all you Canuck WTF'ers to get out there and make some noise!...

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
the democratic party is dead. A complete overhaul is necesary.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Anywhere Bush goes in the world, there will be loads of protesters. I'm not gonna say why because it's fucking obvious why.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
When he went down to Chile, he had to stop a fight because the chilean security wouldn't let his bodygaurds into a dinner. In Colombia there were some rumors of some "GORRILLAS" trying to kill him.

I guess no one likes Mr. President, as Rage against is obvious why.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
I cant see why they dont like him. Such a peaceful smart young man.
Oh wait.

---

I must have gotten him confused with someone else.

But his fun though www.dubyaspeak.com ;)

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
15,000 .. thats it.. there woulda been more people at a Maple Leafs game... Bring back the NHLers from the strike and there woulda been no protest...

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
15,000 in ottawa, more in the rest of Canada.

They were chanting "yeehaw is not a foreign policy!" lol.. funny and true :thumbsup:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
don't you mean... they chanted... "yeehaw is not a foreign policy....ehhh!"

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
ChilianFuckFace said:
In Colombia there were some rumors of some "GORRILLAS" trying to kill him.
OMFG, they can train Gorillas to do that?

;)