WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Canadian Comedians are Funnier than you

Oh sure, America comes out with the LEGENDS. You know, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, George Carlin etc. etc... But what of the rest? All horrible!

A wise Canadian once said that American celebrities need bodyguards, and Canadian celebrities need nametags. Too true, Canadian comics work pretty damn hard. I could sit down and watch the Comedy Channel all day and see the same Canadian comic on four different underfunded show. But I'll still be losing my shit cause they are funny as hell.

Any of you cunts heard of Russell Peters? This guy is the messiah to Brown People. He proved that we're not all nerdy computer engineers with half grown beards, but instead we're all FUNNY nerdy computer engineers with half grown beards. I've never felt so proud to know that my dad kicked my ass because he was an immigrant. This man is a founding footstep of Brown Pride and Power.

Plus our shows are also just as good as American comedy's like Chappelle's Show. Only our's actually gets cancelled. Only reason Dave is still on is because of the Bush Administration, and those guys don't pussy out. Meanwhile brilliant shit like Truthhorse and I'm with Busey gets cancelled. Truthhorse near made me cry.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I'll take this even further.

Quebecer comedians pwn you all.

I loves me some Real Beland.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Magic Hobo said:
He proved that we're not all nerdy computer engineers with half grown beards, but instead we're all FUNNY nerdy computer engineers with half grown beards.
I thought all Canadians were lumberjacks or seal clubbers?

The Red Green show is funny shit.

Edit: Fuck you. Now I have the Monty Python Lumberjack song stuck in my head.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
UberSkippy said:
The Red Green show is funny shit.
Amen! ROFL Red Green is usually funny as hell, when it's off it's off though.

The real good Canadian shows are done by up and coming stars that no ones heard of. And usually it's fucking brilliant. Like Corner Gas, Truthhorse, Popcultured. If someone from the US familliar with one of those shows, I will oral them.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Broken said:
Amen! ROFL Red Green is usually funny as hell, when it's off it's off though.
This is true.

Still, the AC in the van was one of the funniest. It seems like the newer showes are loosing something.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Rick Mercer. Hands down. I know "Made In Canada" wasn't his best...

But the show had "Blow At High Dough" as a theme song for Christ's sake! How can you not love that?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
screw_ball said:
I'll take this even further.

Quebecer comedians pwn you all.

I loves me some Real Beland.
hells yea! I like Peter McCloud too.. And the bleu poudres were hilarious, (ex)Prime Minister Trudeau kicked one of them in the nuts when the guy tried to interview/make fun of him..I watched it in slow motion so many times :rotflmao:

And the international Just For Laughs festival in montreal is just sweet :thumbsup:

screw_ball said:
Rick Mercer. Hands down. I know "Made In Canada" wasn't his best...

But the show had "Blow At High Dough" as a theme song for Christ's sake! How can you not love that?
yeah and talking to Americans was TEH shit! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Jean Poutine prank to gwBush is already a classic

Easty

Click click boom
Magic Hobo said:
Oh sure, America comes out with the LEGENDS. You know, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, George Carlin etc. etc... But what of the rest? All horrible!
what are you talking about? david gallagher, louis black, blue collar, those guys are funny.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
Tpb!?

How could anyone not mention Trailer Park Boys!? That, and Rick Mercer's Monday Report are my personal favourite Canadian shows of the moment. I found the chick from Popcultured to be really annoying.

What's up all, haven't been on in a LONG time, good to be back!

WTFNation

WTFNation said:
How could anyone not mention Trailer Park Boys!? That, and Rick Mercer's Monday Report are my personal favourite Canadian shows of the moment. I found the chick from Popcultured to be really annoying.

What's up all, haven't been on in a LONG time, good to be back!

WTFNation
Oh yes, I'm sure your 14 posts were just plain out fucking glorious.
boobies = omfg said:
hells yea! I like Peter McCloud too..
I have a friend who's name is Peter McCloud. That's freaky shit right there.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Has anyone mentioned 'This Hour Has 22 Minutes' and 'Royal Canadian Air Farce' yet? Those are great shows too... I've always been one to love political humour, although quite frankly, I do like 'The Daily Show' with John Stewart better than the Canadian variety, though the people on THH22M get away with a lot more than John Stewart ever has or could get away with, like ambushing the Prime Minister... God, I love how liberal Canada is, you can just talk to the prime minister like another person, not go through waves of body guards... Although, Paul Martin isn't near as fun as Jean Chretian used to be...

I went off on a tangent, but yeah... Canadian shows are great, not to mention Kids in the Hall, Puppets Who Kill (I know this doesn't fit well), Corner Gas, Trailer Park Boys, Comedy Now, Comedy at Club 54, Just For Laughs *deep breath* Ahhh, Canada is great...

Especially the Newfie comedians. :cool: