WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Can't sleep

burn1nh311

pissed as all hell
:question: Does anyone have a sleeping problem where they wake up at the same time every night and can't fall back asleep for like an hour?

I wake up at 4:00am every night and have to read a book for an hour in order to fall back asleep. It blows I wake up the next morning and feel like I got no sleep what so ever. My doctor gave me this meletonin shit to help me sleep but i haven't used it yet. I use nightquil right now, since i am sick, to help me fall asleep.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
just punch yourself in the face, that will knock you out.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
for me i just can't get to sleep in the first place cause i can't shut off i think about the stuff at skool or something

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
ugh. it's so odd.. i always feel constantly exhausted for some reason. like i stay up pretty late a lot of the time just because i can't bring myself to actually go to sleep. but when i do, it usually takes an hour or so but i eventually get to sleep. and even with my late night habits i've still been able to get like 9 hours of sleep sometimes, which is what im supposed to be getting...
i have the energy to do regular stuff and sometimes more than regular stuff, but like i said, i still have this feeling of exhaustion lurking all the time. i don't bother to see my doctor because it's really not affecting my everyday chores. maybe it has to do with the fact that i haven't actually gotten a checkup in years. i really don't know.
you know what else is weird?? ever since 9/11, practically anytime i look at the clock, it's something 11. and this isn't just every now and then.. this is almost all the fuckin time. even when i glance over at my cd player or something and it's got the timer going, i'll look at it just as it's about to hit, say 3:11.
okay this was longer than it had to be. i really can't offer you any advice, but then again you just asked if anyone else had sleeping problems.. of sorts.. er.. i don't know any good way to end this soo... END

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Black Flame said:
ugh. it's so odd.. i always feel constantly exhausted for some reason. like i stay up pretty late a lot of the time just because i can't bring myself to actually go to sleep. but when i do, it usually takes an hour or so but i eventually get to sleep. and even with my late night habits i've still been able to get like 9 hours of sleep sometimes, which is what im supposed to be getting...
i have the energy to do regular stuff and sometimes more than regular stuff, but like i said, i still have this feeling of exhaustion lurking all the time. i don't bother to see my doctor because it's really not affecting my everyday chores. maybe it has to do with the fact that i haven't actually gotten a checkup in years. i really don't know.
you know what else is weird?? ever since 9/11, practically anytime i look at the clock, it's something 11. and this isn't just every now and then.. this is almost all the fuckin time. even when i glance over at my cd player or something and it's got the timer going, i'll look at it just as it's about to hit, say 3:11.
okay this was longer than it had to be. i really can't offer you any advice, but then again you just asked if anyone else had sleeping problems.. of sorts.. er.. i don't know any good way to end this soo... END
9/11 effected all of us in a weird way

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
well see i do feel remorse for the innocent lives lost.. but i really don't feel THAT strongly about it. not to offend anyone, i just think i would have had to live near there, or have known someone who died there or something to have really gotten the full effects. maybe i do feel some sort of extreme sorrow about it subconciously or something, but as far as i know now.. it's just some fuckin weird thing that happens like every other weird thing about me

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Black Flame said:
well see i do feel remorse for the innocent lives lost.. but i really don't feel THAT strongly about it. not to offend anyone, i just think i would have had to live near there, or have known someone who died there or something to have really gotten the full effects. maybe i do feel some sort of extreme sorrow about it subconciously or something, but as far as i know now.. it's just some fuckin weird thing that happens like every other weird thing about me
the world is out to get you

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
shite not again. okay.. time for the water balloon fight of a lifetime!

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Black Flame said:
shite not again. okay.. time for the water balloon fight of a lifetime!
what i don't get it

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose

me vs world in a waterballoon fight... you said the world is out to get me... so i've challenged the world to a waterballoon fight..
im just fuckin around, get it?

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Black Flame said:

me vs world in a waterballoon fight... you said the world is out to get me... so i've challenged the world to a waterballoon fight..
im just fuckin around, get it?
oh...but wouldn't a pillow fight work better

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Skyline-Cobra said:
oh...but wouldn't a pillow fight work better
Not if the girls were wearing white t-shirts...

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
ehh keep in mind this is the WORLD we're talkin about here.. i'm sure there's some women out there you wouldn't appreciate wearing all white/nude getting hit by water balloons... *violent shudder*

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Black Flame said:
ehh keep in mind this is the WORLD we're talkin about here.. i'm sure there's some women out there you wouldn't appreciate wearing all white/nude getting hit by water balloons... *violent shudder*
force then to wear all white or nude

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
burn1nh311 said:
:question: Does anyone have a sleeping problem where they wake up at the same time every night and can't fall back asleep for like an hour?

I wake up at 4:00am every night and have to read a book for an hour in order to fall back asleep. It blows I wake up the next morning and feel like I got no sleep what so ever. My doctor gave me this meletonin shit to help me sleep but i haven't used it yet. I use nightquil right now, since i am sick, to help me fall asleep.
you should use the melatonin. it is a pretty safe and non-addictive drug that your brain is low on and that is why you can not sleep.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
dustinzgirl said:
you should use the melatonin. it is a pretty safe and non-addictive drug that your brain is low on and that is why you can not sleep.
pills bad

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Skyline-Cobra said:
pills bad
melatonin is a natural chemical that your body manufactures. it is a hormone that creates you sleeping pattern.

burn1nh311

pissed as all hell
Yeah I probably should take it, but i'm I big believer in finding another solution besides taking pills and drugs. I know it is natural but it still bugs me that i need pills to help me sleep. My big motto in life is that sleep is for the weak its a good way to dodge admitting that I can't sleep, but oh well. I guess I will try the meds and see if they work I guess i'll keep everyone updated. Thats guessing that you give a crap(which you probably don't since no one knows who i am) :confused: .

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
i keep falling asleep when i can't stay up any longer...which is about 1am or 2am
then i wake up 4 hours later and can't go back to sleep..seriously
i do this every single day

sometimes wut works is taking benadryl allergy capsules..clears my allergies, and puts u to sleep within like 7 min. for me....and in the 7 min. i'll crawl upstairs with last energy, bang head into wall a couple times to clear headaches
and then hopefully wake up more than 4 hours later...5 hours would be nice :thumbsup: