WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Captured bomber: I was forced into it!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
"BAGHDAD, Iraq -- A suicide bomber captured before he could blow himself up in a Shiite mosque claimed he was kidnapped, beaten and drugged by insurgents who forced him to take on the mission. The U.S. military said its medical tests indicated the man was telling the truth.

Mohammed Ali, who claimed to be Saudi-born and appeared to be in his 20s, said he managed to flee after another suicide attacker set off his bomb, killing at least 12 worshippers Friday as they left a mosque in the northern city of Tuz Khormato.

In confession broadcast on state television later that day, Ali told Iraqi interrogators he did not want to bomb the mosque and hoped to go home.

Results from medical tests on Ali were "consistent with his story and characterization of his treatment," Col. Billy J. Buckner, a U.S. military spokesman said Sunday.

Ali said insurgents kidnapped him from a field near his home earlier this month, then drugged and beat him.

His story was similar to those recounted by other captured militants. The captives routinely claim they were either coerced or fooled by insurgent leaders who promised them a role in the holy war against the U.S. military, only to find themselves as would-be suicide bombers sent to attack civilians."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/iraq/cst-nws-iraq20.html

OK now if I was captured for wanting to blow peopel up, I would say I was forced into. I mean what Kind of drugs are they giving them that would make them carefully plan out how to blow themselves and others up.

Our military can not be buying that crap can they?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
BrIONwoshMunky said:
GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!

Death to the Bill of Rights. Death to morals.
I am just saying it pretty hard to believe that. Damn you guys are quick to twist things around. It not saying fry the bastard... it more like saying they can not be buying that after doing a drug test. I hope it based off of more than just that.

I mean it would be easy to put drugs into someone system so if they were caught they could possibly play on the sympathy of their enemy and go back and get a second chance.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I'm fairly certain that the military has a little more experience with terrorists and terrorism than you do.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
No. Remember those who plan terrorist attacks NEVER actually do it. For instance Bin Laden or Zarqawi will never blow themselves up. They will convince others to do it, Charles Manson style. If they're short of volunteers, it's very well possible they'd force someone into it.

Plus those who really want to blow themselves up DO IT. They don't wait to get caught. Use your brain, the guy would've blown himself before getting caught. He didn't wanna do it, got caught, said he was kidnapped and drugged, and they indeed found drugs in his blood, so......

You can't charge him.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
BrIONwoshMunky said:
I'm fairly certain that the military has a little more experience with terrorists and terrorism than you do.
I would fucking hope so. Than if this is the case than Maybe a bigger majority than what we think is being forced into...

revokitten

smooooth operator.
RageAgainst said:
No. Remember those who plan terrorist attacks NEVER actually do it. For instance Bin Laden or Zarqawi will never blow themselves up. They will convince others to do it, Charles Manson style. If they're short of volunteers, it's very well possible they'd force someone into it.

Plus those who really want to blow themselves up DO IT. They don't wait to get caught. Use your brain, the guy would've blown himself before getting caught. He didn't wanna do it, got caught, said he was kidnapped and drugged, and they indeed found drugs in his blood, so......

You can't charge him.

oh my god i've been trying to tell people that here in my little town for ages..

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Wow them some good drugs! What a load of shit. It's not like they gave him roofies and then prison sexed him up. What drugs can make you take the time and effort to go blow yourself and others up, because "He said so!"

WHAT?!?!?!?!? My ass. If this was all true, as soon as they let him go with the bomb he should have gone to the nearest authorities and told them what happened! Then I'd believe him.

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
If someone blew themselves up becase they were told to, then that person must be extremely weak minded. I think the people who this kind of stuff really want or, as JLXC said, want to.

they are drugs that can be used to make you succeptible to influence by others. the same type used for brainwashing...you can be semi programmed to do things and unless your jarred out of it or the drug where's off. you are going to do something you were shown not really realizng it. I can believe him. now whether or not he gives up more info. he should still be imprisoned. just depends how long.....

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
OK now if I was captured for wanting to blow peopel up, I would say I was forced into. I mean what Kind of drugs are they giving them that would make them carefully plan out how to blow themselves and others up.

Our military can not be buying that crap can they?

Could be he’s full of shit; but If I were a terrorist hell bent on the destruction of my White devil foe by blowing myself up, I would not allow myself to be captured? If I were him I would have let my captors get close enough to me to take them out, or I would prompt my own death by their gunfire. Either way I go to heaven, by Allah's praise, and get my 27 virgins.

Yes, perhaps he just chickened out. But perhaps he's telling the truth. I suppose innocent before proven guilty only works in a Democracy on American soil.

Not to mention, we've seen a whole host of situations where Iraqi's were coerced into assisting the Resistance. This ranges from the tactics he describes, to kidnapping family members and threatening execution.

that's right. i am sure you propbably wouldn't but you might.. say i take your whole family and say that i will make you watch the flesh melt as i burn them alive or some other painful death and they know you are the reason for it happening if you don't do something i tell you that is to someone you don't know or care about and god will grant you 27 virgins in heaven when you die. what would you do? what would you do?

MaxPower said:
I suppose innocent before proven guilty only works in a Democracy on American soil.
That's actually true. The rights granted by the Constitution are only granted to American citizens. The innocent until proven guilty, therefore, only works with an American citizen. That's why Guatanomo Bay prisoners (if the reports are true) are being handled in a way that is tecnically legal even though morally it's wrong. God, I love our system! :rolleyes:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
JLXC said:
Wow them some good drugs! What a load of shit. It's not like they gave him roofies and then prison sexed him up. What drugs can make you take the time and effort to go blow yourself and others up, because "He said so!"

WHAT?!?!?!?!? My ass. If this was all true, as soon as they let him go with the bomb he should have gone to the nearest authorities and told them what happened! Then I'd believe him.
You forgot my argument.. He would've blown himself up before getting caught if he really wanted to do it. Then some might say he wanted to, but then chickened out. But then if that's true, why does he have drugs in his blood? You think he would actually drug himself just in case he wanted to chicken out at the last second and make up that story?

Also, you underestimate drugs. I read something a while ago about a guy who was intoxicated with I don't know what drug and he was dared to chop his own penis and tongue with those big garden scissors and he actually did it. When he "woke up" from the drug buzz at the hospital he suffered from intense psychological trauma (no shit)

But the simple fact that he did not blow himself up before getting caught shows that he did not want to do it.

tiger_86 said:
That's actually true. The rights granted by the Constitution are only granted to American citizens. The innocent until proven guilty, therefore, only works with an American citizen. That's why Guatanomo Bay prisoners (if the reports are true) are being handled in a way that is tecnically legal even though morally it's wrong. God, I love our system! :rolleyes:
1 - The guantanamo bay prisoners are being held illegally according to international law.
2 - People say Castro is an asshole because he jails people because they make "anti-revolutionary propaghanda". Bush jails people because their brother's friend's cousin was tought to be a terrorist. Therefore they have doubts that he may be a terrorist too and ship him to Guantanamo. Fucking hipocrisy.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
RageAgainst said:
2 - Bush jails people because their brother's friend's cousin was tought to be a terrorist. Therefore they have doubts that he may be a terrorist too and ship him to Guantanamo. Fucking hipocrisy.
That's not true Rage and you know it. Bush jails people because their brother's friend's cousin's neighbor said their brother's cousin's friend might have been thinking about going to a school where they might teach something that terrorists could want to know. (Like reading and writing)

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Rage is right, there are drugs that make you do everything.click here to see some proof. Hannibal Lector made a guy cut off his own face (it did happen the movie was right.) And if you are tring to fight against another people, or make another people look bad, what better that to make them kill, or harm innocent people. It would be great if this guy could point out the guys who are responsibal for some of the bombings. Not everyone is lying, but it is hard to tell truth from fiction.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
latinmaxima said:
that's right. i am sure you propbably wouldn't but you might.. say i take your whole family and say that i will make you watch the flesh melt as i burn them alive or some other painful death and they know you are the reason for it happening if you don't do something i tell you that is to someone you don't know or care about and god will grant you 27 virgins in heaven when you die. what would you do? what would you do?
Shoot the hostage.

kindbud

Banned - What an Asshat!
i picture the interrogation going something like this...

"BEDEVERE: So, why do witches burn?

VILLAGER #3: Because they're made of... wood?

BEDEVERE: Good!

CROWD: Oh, yeah. Oh.

BEDEVERE: So, how do we tell whether she is made of wood?

VILLAGER #1: Build a bridge out of her.

BEDEVERE: Ah, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?

VILLAGER #1: Oh, yeah.

RANDOM: Oh, yeah. True. Uhh...

BEDEVERE: Does wood sink in water?

VILLAGER #1: No. No.

VILLAGER #2: No, it floats! It floats!

VILLAGER #1: Throw her into the pond!

CROWD: The pond! Throw her into the pond!

BEDEVERE: What also floats in water?

VILLAGER #1: Bread!

VILLAGER #2: Apples!

VILLAGER #3: Very small rocks!

VILLAGER #1: Cider!

VILLAGER #2: Uh, gra-- gravy!

VILLAGER #1: Cherries!

VILLAGER #2: Mud!

VILLAGER #3: Uh, churches! Churches!

VILLAGER #2: Lead! Lead!

ARTHUR: A duck!

CROWD: Oooh.

BEDEVERE: Exactly. So, logically...

VILLAGER #1: If... she... weighs... the same as a duck,... she's made of wood.

BEDEVERE: And therefore?

VILLAGER #2: A witch!

VILLAGER #1: A witch!

CROWD: A witch! A witch!... "

name that movie...should be an easy one.