WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Carl Sagan's message answered?

steelasp

poontangwrecker
Quint, in your video, it's amazing how much those UFOs act like signal flares... Appearing high in the sky, and then slowly sinking, before fading away.... And when the totally credible alien investigator woman is checking out the crop circle,and she comes across those four young people, I'm shocked that she didn't realize they weren't young people at all, BUT ALIENS!!!!!

steelasp

poontangwrecker
Just because some guys can make them, and have admitted to making them, does not mean that they were all made by men. Perhaps a high likelihood... but that's not proof that all instances are man made.
So.... The aliens got the idea from people who admit to perpetrating the hoaxes of the first several crop circles on record?

• 1Like
Reactions: ryunp

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
So.... The aliens got the idea from people who admit to perpetrating the hoaxes of the first several crop circles on record?
Did you know that I actually painted the Mona Lisa?

My point is that there are still anomalies within the scientific study of some crop circles that in my mind can't be explained by a few dudes with some boards and rope. Any idiot could take credit for something that has no credit. Just mimic it and profit pretty much.

steelasp

poontangwrecker
I apply Occam's Razor to the whole crop circle phenomenon. Which one is simpler?
A: Alien beings travel thousands of light years to visit our planet, an amazing feat of technology, which would take an enormous amount of resources, and then when they arrive, instead of making contact, or invading, they carve cryptic symbols into our wheat fields...
Or
B: bored college students with too much time on their hands?

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I apply Occam's Razor to the whole crop circle phenomenon. Which one is simpler?
A: Alien beings travel thousands of light years to visit our planet, an amazing feat of technology, which would take an enormous amount of resources, and then when they arrive, instead of making contact, or invading, they carve cryptic symbols into our wheat fields...
Or
B: bored college students with too much time on their hands?
Thats fine for you. You know... easy takes no work... so yeah pick the one that make sense don't think about it ever again and just accept the "logical choice."

If I were going to make contact with an alien race I never saw before... I'd check it out at a distance and see its habits. If I thought it was a threat I would try to make indirect contact to see if it could reason. To see how it looks at its own atmosphere. Based on its response I would then decide if or not I would make contact.

You're also assuming it would take enormous amount of resources.

steelasp

poontangwrecker
You're also assuming it would take enormous amount of resources.
From the wikipedia page you linked:"Antimatter is said to be the most expensive material to make."

as for the rest of it, cool story, bro. The earthly explanation is still more credible, unless you have some, y'know, proof.

Ps,
any alien race that could readily produce large quantities of antimatter could not possibly see us as a threat.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
From the wikipedia page you linked:"Antimatter is said to be the most expensive material to make."

as for the rest of it, cool story, bro. The earthly explanation is still more credible, unless you have some, y'know, proof.

Ps,
any alien race that could readily produce large quantities of antimatter could not possibly see us as a threat.
You sir have a small thinking mind.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Just because some guys can make them, and have admitted to making them, does not mean that they were all made by men. Perhaps a high likelihood... but that's not proof that all instances are man made.
Agreed. But my point is that this video proves nothing. There is nothing about a video showing blurry lights in the distance that comes close to being conclusive evidence of extraterrestrial craft. Nor is a crop circle proof.

I could easily fake the blurry lights video myself. Given enough practice, I have no doubt that I could make my own crop circles as well.

• 1Agree
Reactions: RebelBuddha

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
Agreed. But my point is that this video proves nothing. There is nothing about a video showing blurry lights in the distance that comes close to being conclusive evidence of extraterrestrial craft. Nor is a crop circle proof.

I could easily fake the blurry lights video myself. Given enough practice, I have no doubt that I could make my own crop circles as well.
And thats fair. I'm saying the matter is not settled... not what side of the issue I'm on.

ryunp

Keyboard Jockey
Premium
Faith everyone, just believe. And god will prove aliens exist.

Edit: I watched the video through after initially crying at the blurry lights and pausing it. Never seen crop circles up close; that is impressive work, true artists.

I think that lady is an alien - she knew when to turn on the camera and when to stop recording. Kinda suspicious.

• 1Kill It With Fire
Reactions: RebelBuddha

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
I think that lady is an alien - she knew when to turn on the camera and when to stop recording. Kinda suspicious.
I heard that editing a video can make it seem like it starts and stops whenever things are taking place, or done taking place. This is particularly true when you trim seconds or minutes from the beginning and ending of the file.

How many dumbasses these days do you think even know who Carl Sagan is?

Carl who? Carl's Jr?

Anyway, pretty sure it's not flares since there is no silver flickering and smoke clouds. It's probably migrating geese.

ryunp

Keyboard Jockey
Premium
I'll take a jumbo pepperoni jack.

Ahh right she must have been standing there for a while pointing the camera in the exact direction these lights appeared.

If you believe these are lights of an alien race, you claim to know aliens have access to oxygen, argon and nitrogen as well as filiment materials similar to ours; either that or their own technology which produces an identicle light source. Ha.

Illusions, powerful stuff. Check out a magic show sometime, you'll have more material to discuss.

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'll take a jumbo pepperoni jack.
I'm not really committed to a belief on this sort of thing. I just like to entertain the idea from time to time. I'd actually like to think that aliens are inter-dimensional beings. It sounds a little more threatening. Pretty sure they'll kill us all, starting with the non-believers, of course.