WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming Case modder gone berserk

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
A tribute to DoomIII
This modder goes all out with his "Doom III Mars City Mod"

Too many of us get caught up in flashy lights and fans, digital readouts and airbrushing. While all that makes for a variety of creative options when modding; we sometimes forget that we can create our own plastic mould enhancements and case mods with a bit of plastic resin, a scroll saw, and some practice.

Foot note: There’s a place in Brooklyn, NY that Specializes in Extreme mod cases "Best Case Scenario"

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Update

Here is a video of the opening and closing of the CD rom. The Sound effects that you hear are actually generated by the case it's self. He took a programable sound board and loaded it with sounds from the Doom III game. Different events, or interactions with the enclosure, trip different sound effects.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
i dunno a nice case adds to the look of the computer but i keep my computer under my desk and a friend of mine even has his in a cardboard box.... no joke... but it works and can run doom 3 so who cares.

MaxPower said:
Here is a video of the opening and closing of the CD rom. The Sound effects that you hear are actually generated by the case it's self. He took a programable sound board and loaded it with sounds from the Doom III game. Different events, or interactions with the enclosure, trip different sound effects.

I've never seen anyone do anything like that to their tower, that's pretty badass...

My towers just pieced together from a bunch of other computers....kind of looks like Cyborg from Teen Titans. And not the stupid cartoon...

Jung

???
Premium
someone should buy this guy a hooker.

junglizm said:
someone should buy this guy a hooker.

Yeah, then she'd end up charging him for labor on the computer.

I'm sure after she sucks his dick, he'll have plenty of shit jobs for her to do to the computer.......

tzedek

Original Member
the title of this thread should have been a case mod that is actually cool.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
That's pretty damn awesome... I haven't played any Doom except Doom 1, so I'm not much up on it... but I dig it.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
wow, I could not spend all that time trying to make my computer look good. Shit I would like to make mine look good, if I had the time...lol. Its just a piece of crap thats not a tower...lol. I just can't do it, I got a job, no time for a lot of things...lol. Shit if I could I would transfer it to a tower, I saw this awsome blue see through case with neon blue lights and comes with the power thing for less than $100 at Curcut City.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
now that is coolness. wow. i would not have the patience to do that, nor the creativity or desire. that is very, very cool. :thumbsup: