WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

cat lovers ARE crazy..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
at last, it's being proven.. cat lovers are nuts. i can't wait to tell my mother in law.

Cat parasite linked to schizophrenia?

WASHINGTON, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- A Washington psychiatrist believes there is a link between exposure to cats in childhood and schizophrenia.
Dr. Fuller Torrey says that he has noticed that schizophrenics were more likely to have had cats when they were very young or mothers who had cats while pregnant.
Torrey told the New York Daily News that his wife thinks he is going to be killed by cat lovers. But he still believes that there is a link between early exposure to Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite found in cats, and schizophrenia.
"Not only cats, but virtually all animals carry transmissible agents, and some carry transmissible agents that have had profound implications for the human race," Torrey said.
He is now testing an antibiotic used to treat Toxoplasma gondii on schizophrenics.

http://www.upi.com/ConsumerHealthDaily/view.php?StoryID=20051109-014734-1470r

I actually read about that a few days ago, the whole thing is a bit weird

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Well I know it's not healthy to have cats when you are pregnant..but childhood? silly..my friend has a bunch of cats..and nothing wrong with her :)

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
cats are dangerous... today i tried to carefully place a cat on the other side of a fence and one of his fucking claws went right into my arm... i'm talking some serious needle action here... hope it doesn't get infected

I really wish they would start serving house cat at restaurants.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Heh... I love cats - I've always had cats... In fact I have a cat with me right now...

If I become schizophrenic I'll tell you all... Now I'm off to go research that parasite

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Stardust said:
Well I know it's not healthy to have cats when you are pregnant..
Not true. It's not healthy for a pregnant woman to clean a cat box. It's fine to have a cat around. If you're pregnant, just don't play with their shit.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Stardust said:
Well I know it's not healthy to have cats when you are pregnant..but childhood? silly..my friend has a bunch of cats..and nothing wrong with her :)
Was that the girl you were kissing in that photo? ...
Nothing wrong with her at all!

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
No wonder that bitch I was dating was a fucking nutcase! She told me when she was younger she had 14 cats! 14! That's a whole fucking family of cats.

PoisonIvy

I hate plants!!
Finally. I have a legit excuse for being a little strange. It's cos I love cats.

I've grown up with cats my whole life. I would own a cat myself, but I'm not allowed pets in this apartment. And myself and I are perfectly sane.

I wonder if dogs affect people in a similar manner. Maybe they cause incontinence! or impotence!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Shzar said:
I wonder if dogs affect people in a similar manner. Maybe they cause incontinence! or impotence!
dogs cause compassion, cats encourage indifference

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
TheLampIncident said:
I really wish they would start serving house cat at restaurants.
i'm afraid the meat would be too stringy and bland.... you'd need kilograms of MSG, ;) ;)

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
Yay! I'm crazy and now I have an excuse! God bless the kitty cats! And if you say one more bad thing about them I'll pull your heart out through your nose!

R

RedOctober

void said:
at last, it's being proven.. cat lovers are nuts. i can't wait to tell my mother in law.

Cat parasite linked to schizophrenia?

WASHINGTON, Nov. 9 (UPI) -- A Washington psychiatrist believes there is a link between exposure to cats in childhood and schizophrenia.

Dr. Fuller Torrey says that he has noticed that schizophrenics were more likely to have had cats when they were very young or mothers who had cats while pregnant.
I think he's putting things upside down.
Cat lovers have to have a more complex personality, to be able to have cats anyway.
Dog lovers are the more straight forward types.
The "Go get them Blue" type. The typical redneck.
Ever seen a redneck hugging a cat?
No, it would be too sissy like.

Personally, I see a lion in every cat. The only difference is, they are smaller, but they have the same attitude.
That's why I like them.
Makes you a kind of beastmaster.. :rolleyes:

A dog? Had a dog..
A Newfoundlander. Sweet dog, but needed a lot of brushing.
It is a hell of a job to keep the house clean with such a dog.
That's why we didn't get ourselves another dog when she died.

So we have cats, and we love them.
If I had a manor with a large forest around it, I'd probably have some cheetahs running around.. :cool:

Stardust

Piro said:
Was that the girl you were kissing in that photo? ...
Nothing wrong with her at all!
that's right =)
they have about 11persian cats..and 2bengal(sp?) cats..and then the outdoor hillbilly cats ;) which I have 2of in my apartment :D Maya and plupp (about 13weeks..just have to show them..they are so cute..and wild :eek: )

edit: my friend suggested them to be called Jenna Jameson and Bimbo (bc they are girls) but then i sad.."NO the only real pussy in this apartment is gonna me mine" :happysad:

Cats hate me, not just one cat... all cats that aren't mine.
Whenever I go to a friend's house who has cats, and try to talk past a cat (peacefully!) I normally get a foot-attack from the cat. This consists of the cat jumping onto my foot, and wacking the hell out of it with its claws.
This thread made me kinda happy that cats hate me... :)

Edit - Okay... just noticed this now... it looks like Stardust's one cat is sucking the other ones titty! lmfao.. is it... hmm *wonders*.

Stardust

Jessica43999 said:
Edit - Okay... just noticed this now... it looks like Stardust's one cat is sucking the other ones titty! lmfao.. is it... hmm *wonders*.

haha now it's not..it's just sleeping on the other cat..bc they are sisters and feel safe when they sleep close :happysad:

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
We've got a "chocolate" (brown to the rest of you) Burmese runt at the moment. Our last cat died at 19 years of age. Guess what, at 19 it still didn't respond to its name. :rolleyes: