WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines CBO Report: Bush Tax Cuts Tilted to Rich

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - One-third of President Bush's tax cuts have gone to the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans, shifting more burden to middle-income taxpayers, congressional analysts said on Friday.

The report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office and calculations by congressional Democrats based on the CBO findings fueled the debate over the cuts between Bush and his Democratic challenger in November, Sen. John Kerry.

Using the CBO's figures, Democrats in Congress said the top 1 percent, with incomes averaging $1.2 million per year, will receive an average tax cut of $78,460 this year, and have seen their share of the total tax burden fall roughly 2 percentage points to 20.1 percent.

In contrast, the report showed that households in the middle 20 percent, with incomes averaging $57,000 per year, will receive an average cut of $1,090 while their share of the tax burden would move to 10.5 percent from 10.4 percent.

The CBO report said about two-thirds of the benefits from the cuts went to households in the top 20 percent, with an average income of $203,740.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a NEWS FLASH ! How can this be?

I don't know how many of you make $203,740 +, but if you didn't - you got fucked...

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
voiceofreason said:
What a NEWS FLASH ! How can this be? I don't know how many of you make $203,740 +, but if you didn't - you got fucked...
The math class eluded you too, crawl back up in the cavity dude, crawl back up into the cavity.....

It only makes sense, the wealthiest people pay more taxes, so their tax breaks are > those who pay <. I'll draw pictures for you from now on skippy, and if it still eludes you, I'll pull out the bouncing ball......

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
GottaHurt said:
The math class eluded you too, crawl back up in the cavity dude, crawl back up into the cavity.....

It only makes sense, the wealthiest people pay more taxes, so their tax breaks are > those who pay <. I'll draw pictures for you from now on skippy, and if it still eludes you, I'll pull out the bouncing ball......

**ALERT** Another pointless GottaHurt post

You couldn't put a reasonable argument together - if your life depended on it.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
voiceofreason said:
You couldn't put a reasonable argument together - if your life depended on it.
You cut and paste rhetoric, you have no game, no opinion of your own, mindless babble at best...

Descent

Hella Constipated
You cut and paste rhetoric, you have no game, no opinion of your own, mindless babble at best...
Jesus, what is wrong with you?! He DOES have opinions, he has stated them before, usually right after he copies a news article in. Have you ever tried reading? It does the mind good.

You are by far one of the worst people when it comes to arguing ever. All you do is insult people and state opinions instead of facts. That's no way to win someone over. Get some real information to back up your argument, then come back.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
jstager said:
Jesus, what is wrong with you?! He DOES have opinions, he has stated them before, usually right after he copies a news article in. Have you ever tried reading? It does the mind good.

You are by far one of the worst people when it comes to arguing ever. All you do is insult people and state opinions instead of facts. That's no way to win someone over. Get some real information to back up your argument, then come back.

You all cut and paste articles and try and pass it off as truth, when questioned or called to the carpet you start whining like pussies.If you are oh so brilliant, then please, be my guest and argue the point here.

Why is a tax cut so bad?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
GottaHurt said:
You all cut and paste articles and try and pass it off as truth, when questioned or called to the carpet you start whining like pussies.If you are oh so brilliant, then please, be my guest and argue the point here.

Why is a tax cut so bad?
Maybe this will help you:
[size=-1]SYLLABICATION:[/size]ar·gue[size=-1]PRONUNCIATION:[/size] är
gy
[size=-1]VERB:[/size]Inflected forms: ar·gued, ar·gu·ing, ar·gues
[size=-1]TRANSITIVE VERB:[/size]1. To put forth reasons for or against; debate: “It is time to stop arguing tax-rate reductions and to enact them” (Paul Craig Roberts).
2. To attempt to prove by reasoning; maintain or contend: The speaker argued that more immigrants should be admitted to the country.
3. To give evidence of; indicate: “Similarities cannot always be used to argue descent” (Isaac Asimov).
4. To persuade or influence (another), as by presenting reasons
THESE ARE THINGS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO...

"Why is a tax cut so bad"

Anyone who has to ask this question clearly does not understand fiscal responsibility.

George Bush is breaking the financial back of the United States. YOU CAN'T GIVE AWAY MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE...

morelos

lexicon incognito
you need a stoichiometry lesson, boy.

haahhah..

ok look. we're not arguing that a person making $300,000 should pay more DOLLARS in taxes than a person making $30,000.

the bush tax cuts say that a person making $300,000 will pay less PERCENT of his income in taxes than a person making $30,000.

ironic, considering the person making $30,000 probably -requires- a higher PERCENT of his income to live.

~ dan ~

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
voiceofreason said:
Maybe this will help you:
[size=-1]SYLLABICATION:[/size]ar·gue[size=-1]PRONUNCIATION:[/size] är
gy
[size=-1]VERB:[/size]Inflected forms: ar·gued, ar·gu·ing, ar·gues
[size=-1]TRANSITIVE VERB:[/size]1. To put forth reasons for or against; debate: “It is time to stop arguing tax-rate reductions and to enact them” (Paul Craig Roberts).
2. To attempt to prove by reasoning; maintain or contend: The speaker argued that more immigrants should be admitted to the country.
3. To give evidence of; indicate: “Similarities cannot always be used to argue descent” (Isaac Asimov).
4. To persuade or influence (another), as by presenting reasons
THESE ARE THINGS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO...

"Why is a tax cut so bad"

Anyone who has to ask this question clearly does not understand fiscal responsibility.

George Bush is breaking the financial back of the United States. YOU CAN'T GIVE AWAY MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE...

More cut and paste, you're the cut and paste queen! I asked a question and this is your reply:

Again, you elude the question. I was asking for your explanation, but you can't provide one, because you don't know. Then you cut/paste a definition that applies directly to you, and all of your posts.

Not only have I gotten in your head, I'm now in your sig too.... :cool:

easy pickin's......EASY pickin's

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
GottaHurt said:
More cut and paste, you're the cut and paste queen! I asked a question and this is your reply:

Again, you elude the question. I was asking for your explanation, but you can't provide one, because you don't know. Then you cut/paste a definition that applies directly to you, and all of your posts.

Not only have I gotten in your head, I'm now in your sig too.... :cool:

easy pickin's......EASY pickin's
So, you agree, you are a fiscally irresponsible idiot, because you STILL can't understand why YOU CAN'T GIVE AWAY MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE...

Thanks for cementing that for us...

Believe me, you don't have enough wherewithall to get in my head. You'd be completely lost what with all the facts, logic and coherant thoughts...

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
voiceofreason said:
So, you agree, you are a fiscally irresponsible idiot, because you STILL can't understand why YOU CAN'T GIVE AWAY MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE...

Thanks for cementing that for us...

Believe me, you don't have enough wherewithall to get in my head. You'd be completely lost what with all the facts, logic and coherant thoughts...

You still haven't answered the question, and if I didn't get in your head, then why did you remove me from your sig?......lmfao.......

You're an oxymoron.

Descent

Hella Constipated
He probobly removed your signature so he could post without looking like he was flaming, which makes him sound more credible.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
jstager said:
He probobly removed your signature so he could post without looking like he was flaming, which makes him sound more credible.
What do you both attend Camp Skippy? You speak for him now? Oh yea, you're the cheerleader, my bad.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
GottaHurt said:

You seem to have failed that math class too. See it's set up like a pyramid. There are more people on the bottom and less on the top. So he just split the taxes so that 1/3 of the breaks go to the top like 10% of the citizens. That's like splitting the other ~67% of the tax breaks among the other 90% of the population. If you think of it as payout, the rich onces get a 3.33% "payout" where the rest of the population would get a .74% "payout".

Now don't be getting all literal all me and come back crying, "Well, it's not a payout out, you assjack, it's a tax break. They dont' pay this money in the first place." The point was to make an example out of the numbers so that it could be seen for that value of the tax breaks. They are just arbitrary numbers to show a relationship. If you like you can also compare it 333 billion dougals vs. 74 billion dougals. I hope you're up on your abstract thinking.

(**Further note: It doesn't really work exactly the way either myself nor GH put it, but my way does show a little more effectively how to break down the value)

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Stay on the topic, and lay off the personal attacks.

C'mon folks, attack the subject not the debaters.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
GottaHurt said:
You still haven't answered the question, and if I didn't get in your head, then why did you remove me from your sig?......lmfao.......

You're an oxymoron.
This is what OXYMORON means:

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

I enjoy debating with the other people here. You don't get it. I can not spend anymore time teaching you the English language.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Jason said:
Stay on the topic, and lay off the personal attacks.

C'mon folks, attack the subject not the debaters.
Sorry, Bush's tax policies are retarded and only supported by dicklicks!

Is that better? Or should I have left out the retarded part?

Descent

Hella Constipated
That's much better...that gave me a good chuckle...

(Laughs) Dicklick...There's a new one.

If you give to one program you have to take from another and no matter what you’re always going to get complaints from the deprived bracket(Inevitably, percentage wise it’s always the lower-middle class). However, you should never spend money that you don't have. Frankly, Bush racked up a 6.7 trillion dollar debt that retards investment and economic growth for decades to come. I’m sure we will be paying out of funding for schools, unemployed, and Medicare to say the least.