WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Offbeat CBS May Be Fined $550,000 for 'Wardrobe Malfunction'

Cynical Canuck

Venting Spleen
From Yahoo! News (edited for brevity | original article):
WASHINGTON [AP] - CBS could face a fine of $550,000 for airing Janet Jackson's breast-baring performance during the Super Bowl, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday. According to the source, a staff recommendation to the Federal Communications Commission suggests each of the 20 CBS-owned stations be fined the maximum indecency penalty of $27,500 for the incident. The commissioners now must decide whether to accept the recommendation. A decision is expected in the next few weeks (the commission was flooded with more than 500,000 complaints).

Are you f***ing kidding me? It was a goddamn nipple!!! WTF, shit's gonna happen in live television! It's not like she gave what's his face a hummer on stage or anything!

I'm so flustered that I can't even write a proper rant!!!

cC

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Cynical Canuck said:
From Yahoo! News (edited for brevity | original article):
WASHINGTON [AP] - CBS could face a fine of $550,000 for airing Janet Jackson's breast-baring performance during the Super Bowl, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday. According to the source, a staff recommendation to the Federal Communications Commission suggests each of the 20 CBS-owned stations be fined the maximum indecency penalty of $27,500 for the incident. The commissioners now must decide whether to accept the recommendation. A decision is expected in the next few weeks (the commission was flooded with more than 500,000 complaints).

Are you f***ing kidding me? It was a goddamn nipple!!! WTF, shit's gonna happen in live television! It's not like she gave what's his face a hummer on stage or anything!

I'm so flustered that I can't even write a proper rant!!!

cC
cC,

It wasn't about the nipple, it was about George Bush's conservative administration. They went after Howard Stern too. It's about taking away free speech. It's about Bush's ultra conservative base of support for the upcoming election.

Things are almost never about what they seem to be...

truly nothing like what they seem to be... just think about if this were to happen in europe or any other country in the world for that matter.. no one would give a flying fuck.

morelos

lexicon incognito
nope. wouldn't give a damn. "oh, a breast on television. HURRY UP KIDS, WE'RE LEAVING FOR THE BEACH and we can see way better breasts there!"

~ dan ~