WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Celebrate life

seriously... why do people say to "celebrate life?"

is there honestly anything to celebrate?

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Unforgiven said:

Not really, unless you are getting married or having a you first baby or you are on your death bed getting ready to die rotting away.

i don't celebrate... hell, i don't really even celebrate my birthday. every birthday signifies a year closer to the day you die. one insignificant day among many.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Unforgiven said:
i don't celebrate... hell, i don't really even celebrate my birthday. every birthday signifies a year closer to the day you die. one insignificant day among many.
Great outlook........I worked with this one dude that said that....Boy he was a real winner.."Just another day closer to the day I die".

TwisT said:
Great outlook........I worked with this one dude that said that....Boy he was a real winner.."Just another day closer to the day I die".
i just don't see "important" days as important... christmas, easter, new years, valentines... all just another day in the year.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Unforgiven said:
i just don't see "important" days as important... christmas, easter, new years, valentines... all just another day in the year.
True......But Thanksgiving? Now there's holiday......Everyone gets together to eat, drink, watch football, then fall asleep... :thumbsup:

anti-movielife

self medicated
TwisT said:
WTF??? TIVO's are cool....

whats to celebrate?...its hard to find something, if your lucky you have someone or something to pour your energy into. The rest of us left to wallow in apathy, or is that just me?

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
anti-movielife said:
WTF??? TIVO's are cool....

whats to celebrate?...its hard to find something, if your lucky you have someone or something to pour your energy into. The rest of us left to wallow in apathy, or is that just me?
OH! my bad. :thumbsup:

anti-movielife

self medicated
Unforgiven said:
Well they're important if you have someone to share them with...family, friends, significant other...i dont see the point either cus, just more days where i NEED to be somewhere and do something...ya i'm lazy whatever

undiehiker04

Future Conquistador
Unforgiven said:

they are just naieve there is nothing to celebrate I mostly hear religious people say that

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Unforgiven said:
Because they hear their pastor say it every Sunday afternoon.
I just smile and say "fuck you too"!!

anti-movielife said:
Well they're important if you have someone to share them with...family, friends, significant other...i dont see the point either cus, just more days where i NEED to be somewhere and do something...ya i'm lazy whatever
christmas... every year we have a family dinner thing... sure, it can be fun sometimes... last year, i just sat in my little corner, watching events unfold... first, we play some sports or whatever (it's usually held in a gym.)
then, we eat dinner (which is usually good)
then, we sing ( :rolleyes: )

i didn't sing. then everybody came up to me and said "why didn't you sing, you have a nice voice, blah blah blah." then i left.

I think it is more important to not necessarily celebrate but to recognize that you are living. The good, the bad, the ugly. All days are good no matter what pain I feel or what I go through. Let me tell you something, if you have a reason to celebrate than do it because you only have one life people. There is not going to be a second chance. Cherish the air you breath, the life you live, and the wtf forums because someday they will all be gone and you won't even know the difference.

morelos

lexicon incognito
maybe they just misspelled "celibate."

either way, whoever said it is a loser.

magnolia

Postaholic
Holiday and family is very important to me. Every holidy I drag myself out of bed and dress to the nines just to sit and play with my little cousins and help my aunts and jaja make supper. Then we clear the tables and have a wonderful dessert and sit and talk with one another. It's a good time. Everyone is getting a long for the most part. Except my brother Jon. He usually throws a temper tantrum and gets his annual, "I was so incredibly imbarrasses by your behavior tonight." shpeal from my mom. But all in all I love the holidays. I live at least an hour from any of my other family members, so it's the only time that we really get to be together.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
Unforgiven said:
I take it your cup is half empty......

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
Unforgiven said:
i don't either...i find that ppl spreadin joy is annoying
Unforgiven said:
I don't celebrate holidays either...
NewYear's day=great now i gotta remember '05 instead of '04
Val. Day=no gf..don't care for it
St.Patricks' day=don't drink, nothin in it for me
Easter=shoot the bunny, i don't care
Mothers day=she left us, dark day
4th of july=burnt my hand with fireworks, this day is aight for explosives
Halloween=don't believe in halloween...also gave up candy and chocolate
thanksgiving=i like to say thankyou...i hate giving thanks, i don't eat barely
Christmas=the whole present thing and tree really depresses me, i don't know why...besides i'd rather give others gifts instead of recieving, so for now i don't do christmas either...but my family does