Celebrate life

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
889
0
0
^ ?

i just realized my views on those certain "important dates" are messed up because on basically all those days ppl are getting together, eating food, eating chocolate, eating candy, or romance, or getting drunk, and lots lots of talking

most times i'd rather be alone, i barely eat, i quit chocolate and candy 6 or 7 years ago, have no love life yet, i don't drink, and talking is aight at times...but i'm thinking of ppl who talk about stuff and you sit there nodding your head and playing along....next time i'm just going to walk away


oh and today is one year since my grandfather passed away :(
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,774
274
452
Alright, I think you depressies are kind of missing the point.

Its not that you should run around saying "WHOOHOO, I stubbed my toe on a bookshelf! Hey look, somebody's sleeping with my wife! Sweet!" The whole point of "celebrating life" is that you are alive. Would you rather be bored your whole damn existence, no life to live, just sitting in blackness? At the very least, treat life as a time of passing. Enjoy it (as best you can) while you have it. I know (we all know) that it isn't fun and games twenty-four seven, but... damn, do you ever think about what you'll regret on your deathbed? I've got a fucking lot, and I don't want any more. Somebody wise once said "Happiness is never stopping to ask if you are." If you would stop thinking with a head on top of your head, you can find a lot to be happy about.

And depression is incredibly self-centered (I know that it happens to everybody, that sometimes you can't control it, because hell, the human itself is only that, its self). I know that's a bit brutally honest, but that's my opinion. And I've been there way too many times, so I know a bit about it.

The moral of this incredibly long post that went through one too many tangents: Mmhmm. Life is good, right? Kay.

Oh, and:

morelos said:
maybe they just misspelled "celibate."

Excellent. That one was deviously hilarious, and I'm not sure if those words were ever meant to be used together.
 

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
889
0
0
NoSubstance said:
Would you rather be bored your whole damn existence, no life to live, just sitting in blackness? At the very least, treat life as a time of passing. Enjoy it (as best you can) while you have it

yes and yes

i enjoy the good times...but there's so few of them that happiness doesn't last forever...but there are some things (or someone), that i long for that would snap me out of this darkness....til then :sword:
 

Unforgiven

That Guy
11,086
703
562
NoSubstance said:
Alright, I think you depressies are kind of missing the point.

Its not that you should run around saying "WHOOHOO, I stubbed my toe on a bookshelf! Hey look, somebody's sleeping with my wife! Sweet!" The whole point of "celebrating life" is that you are alive. Would you rather be bored your whole damn existence, no life to live, just sitting in blackness? At the very least, treat life as a time of passing. Enjoy it (as best you can) while you have it. I know (we all know) that it isn't fun and games twenty-four seven, but... damn, do you ever think about what you'll regret on your deathbed? I've got a fucking lot, and I don't want any more. Somebody wise once said "Happiness is never stopping to ask if you are." If you would stop thinking with a head on top of your head, you can find a lot to be happy about.

And depression is incredibly self-centered (I know that it happens to everybody, that sometimes you can't control it, because hell, the human itself is only that, its self). I know that's a bit brutally honest, but that's my opinion. And I've been there way too many times, so I know a bit about it.

The moral of this incredibly long post that went through one too many tangents: Mmhmm. Life is good, right? Kay.

you know what? you're right... for 19 years i've been "sitting in blackness" as you put it... i never go anywhere... i never do anything. i'm anti social... a loner, if you will... keeping to myself, never talking to anybody unless they talk to me first :blahblah: . recently, somebody gave me something to look forward to... something to hold on to. there are times when i'm thankful to be alive, other times when i just wanna lay down and die.
today i was happy... i was happy cause it was raining and everybody else was miserable... that made my day fun (even though i was working) :)
 

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
889
0
0
Unforgiven said:
you know what? you're right... for 19 years i've been "sitting in blackness" as you put it... i never go anywhere... i never do anything. i'm anti social... a loner, if you will... keeping to myself, never talking to anybody unless they talk to me first :blahblah: . recently, somebody gave me something to look forward to... something to hold on to. there are times when i'm thankful to be alive, other times when i just wanna lay down and die.
today i was happy... i was happy cause it was raining and everybody else was miserable... that made my day fun (even though i was working) :)
yea dude, i'm totally with you
there are a few good days...and the rest are dark
and i love when it rains..put on some good trance music in the background and just sit in a corner, or lay in bed staring at the rain thinking "man i should go golfing right now...too bad it's not lightning"...lightning makes it better

i don't know why but it just occurred to me that most ppl are happy with each other and in sunny days...then they get sad on rainy dark days
then there are others like me, and probly Unforgiven here who somehow enjoy the rainy days, and i have days where i just wanna die..close days...and there are some not so nice dreams about it i've had and i'd rather not discuss them to the public
u have to know me abit more on a personal level before i share my secrets to u, there's only one person that knows almost basically everything about me, cept a few dark secrets i hold back that only god and i shall know and take to the grave
 

rbutler_7

A Poster
143
0
0
Well said NoSubstance.

I use to walk to this little cafe when I was in high school to get my mind off things. I would sit there and get a cup of coffee every day and I especially loved it when it was raining. I would sit and watch the cars passing by and the rain running down the umbrellas of passerby’s. I would always meet people there because it was a small town and this cafe just happened to be one of the places to sit out of the rain. One day I met this lady named Amelia. This lady was three times my age and I could not believe the stories that she told because they were the type of stories that made me feel like I was actually the age that I was (young). She once told me something that stuck in my mind forever. She said: "you have to learn to look at every little thing and never take it for granted. You have to learn not to see in tunnel vision because you will miss out on allot of the great things in life". The reason this was significant to me at that time was because I saw much like the way many of you see- that is "only the way that I want to see". I urge you to learn to see "everything", look peripherally because those days sitting in a quiet cafe chatting with people intellectually and noticing that the small things can be so great will soon be over. The great little memories much like this one will only be significant if you can actually take them in.
 

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
916
0
80
NoSubstance said:
"WHOOHOO, I stubbed my toe on a bookshelf! "
first off..i never said woohooo..second..i was never bitching about life....i just said it sucked[the whole toe ordeal] .....i went to the dr.. and never mentioned anything else...i am quite happy with how my life is going...a few months ago when my chick left me..i wanted to die [not suicidal or anything that bad]. i sucked it up..and life is great....ive got two yrs to finish my degree..ive got all i ever wanted...a nice car...very nice clothes...ive got my own big screen....my watch collection...my guitar...my computer....ive got a fuckin bad ass mountain bike...and im not tryying to show off...im just listing the material things that make me happy....i know it sounds materialisitc...but in a way these things i use to relieve stress.....the guitar for example....the nice clothes bring up my self esteem....tv...bring up discovery wings..and it relaxes me....anyways..."no depresse" here....oh and the satisfaction of knowing i got all this on my own....
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,774
274
452
mariusthegreat said:
first off..i never said woohooo..second..i was never bitching about life....i just said it sucked[the whole toe ordeal] .....i went to the dr.. and never mentioned anything else...i am quite happy with how my life is going...a few months ago when my chick left me..i wanted to die [not suicidal or anything that bad]. i sucked it up..and life is great....ive got two yrs to finish my degree..ive got all i ever wanted...a nice car...very nice clothes...ive got my own big screen....my watch collection...my guitar...my computer....ive got a fuckin bad ass mountain bike...and im not tryying to show off...im just listing the material things that make me happy....i know it sounds materialisitc...but in a way these things i use to relieve stress.....the guitar for example....the nice clothes bring up my self esteem....tv...bring up discovery wings..and it relaxes me....anyways..."no depresse" here....oh and the satisfaction of knowing i got all this on my own....

Hahaha... I actually wasn't thinking of that thread when I wrote that, I think I stated that because I stub my toe on this damn bookshelf all the time...

Stupid bookshelfs. What are they good for anyway?
 

Unforgiven

That Guy
11,086
703
562
NoSubstance said:
Hahaha... I actually wasn't thinking of that thread when I wrote that, I think I stated that because I stub my toe on this damn bookshelf all the time...

Stupid bookshelfs. What are they good for anyway?

firewood :thumbsup:
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,951
0
0
nosubstance said:
Excellent. That one was deviously hilarious, and I'm not sure if those words were ever meant to be used together.

hah; thanks. i find it harder and harder to please a crowd with a one-liner these days.

at any rate, no rep points for something 'deviously hilarious?' *snif*

bottom line is these kids are going through adolescence and they are not yet ready to accept the fact that human beings inherently become bored. go read my weird philosophic thread, at http://www.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=2652
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
17,383
8,049
637
morelos said:
hah; thanks. i find it harder and harder to please a crowd with a one-liner these days.
I just flew in from Chicago and, boy are my arms killing me.

Take my wife...................please.